• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escape to L.A. (404)

Visit the Episode GuideTORCHWOOD: MIRACLE DAY
    ESCAPE TO L.A.
    EPISODE NUMBER - 404

Torchwood goes to Los Angeles to attempt a risky operation inside PhiCorp's headquarters, unaware that someone is watching them. A U.S. politician launches a campaign arguing that those who should be dead should be treated as dead, and the government sets up a facility to shut in the diseased.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 04 August 2011, 01:19 PM.

Well, the trailers certainly deceived us, making that new movement look all important. Still, big developments. Now we know they're building to something, and this enigmatic reference to Jack. It seems like whoever's behind this wants a buildup of patients, draining resources and such.

Comment

Now we're finally getting somewhere....can't wait to hear more about the orchestrators of all this and what their endgame is!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thought it was another excellent episode. Seems like we're moving forward with this one. I like how Oswald took the spot light off of that senator (I think she was a senator).
        sigpic

Comment

Unless I missed something, I don't think she held any office. I think she was just a loudmouth.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Liked it very much. It seems to have to do something with Jack. And the voice in the car with the woman in the press said something like 'We are everywhere!'
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Unless I missed something, I don't think she held any office. I think she was just a loudmouth.
              I thought she was some sort of politician.
              sigpic

Comment

She wasn't a politician, just a mother with charisma.

Comment

Actually, the episode says the women in the car at the end, is a small town mayor trying to make a name for herself.

Overall, the episode was fantastic; I never expected Torchwood to produce a 4/4 run of fabulousness. I want to know when this season will be on DVD. It's a must have.
                  "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                    Actually, the episode says the women in the car at the end, is a small town mayor trying to make a name for herself.

Overall, the episode was fantastic; I never expected Torchwood to produce a 4/4 run of fabulousness. I want to know when this season will be on DVD. It's a must have.
                    So, she is a politician...just not as high up on the political ladder as I though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great ep, but I think is a prime example of the Americanisation of the series. The first few clips with the assasin in the car trailing Esther were filmed in an extremely American, almost CIS, kinda way...

It might not be noticable to US viewers, but certainly I feel it is to British viewers.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

IDK...I just think people are looking for reasons to complain. Besides...after this season there may not be a reason to complain.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to figure out their endgame. Unless it's aliens trying to make an inexhaustable food source or something....basically teh planet will get to the point that there are so many people they'll starve but they won't die so they can't die...there was this classic trek episode where an alien girl was sent to consort with Capt Kirk because he'd once had a virus and it was her job to bring the virus back to her planet so people could die because the planet was literally standing room only.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

They must need one hell of a virus to go through all the trouble of rendering people immortal to breed disease. Hope they're patient.

Comment

either that or they want 100% of the world needing to buy death
                              or it's an unfortunate side effect to whatever they're doing to kill jack
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X