• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liftoff (411)

EUREKA SEASON 4
    LIFTOFF
    EPISODE NUMBER - 411

Carter lands in an awkward situation after S.A.R.A.H. and Andy's nuptials hit a snag; Zane keeps harassing Jo for details; an unscheduled launch presents trouble for the gang. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 August 2011, 01:07 PM.

Engage

Pretty good start, not crazy about the government angle but we'll see.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know if my Jack/SARAH shipper is happy or not! That was crazy with Andy/SARAH!

Love how they're starting to move Zane/Jo closer together. I did miss them.

Wonder how long the government angle is going to take. Does it have anything to do with Beverly's showing up last year? Hmmmm
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

i love anything with Andy in it. he's jsut so adorable...and soooo not Lorne it's scary

You know, this show has been on hiatus so long I thought it was a different season.

I won't mind when they wrap up all this AU stuff.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh man what a boring first episode back. No tension at all, very little comedy, heck even the actors seemed like they were really bored with this one. Yawn. If I was a casual viewer I would have turned this one off around the time the pod scraped the ISS.

I'm also a wee bit tired of the alternate timeline, so I'm rather hoping it gets wrapped up by the end of the season.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really liked this episode. Liked all the character work, liked Zane and Fargo's banter and that Zane and Jo are getting closer together.

And the ending just made me laugh because Ming-Na seemed *exactly* like Camille Wray!
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

i liked this episode alot, but i wonder whats in store for fargo

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              i love anything with Andy in it. he's jsut so adorable...and soooo not Lorne it's scary

You know, this show has been on hiatus so long I thought it was a different season.

I won't mind when they wrap up all this AU stuff.
              i like the au better than pu

side note lol at pu
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

At this point switching to original universe would be odd, but Henry had just met his current wife so at least that door is open...poor Henry!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm glad that Eureka is back! I enjoyed the episode. I loved when Fargo says, "Engage!" Nice nod to Trek there!

So, now Zane knows about Jo being from another time? I wonder how that will play out.
                  sigpic

Comment

I liked this ep loved Zane & Fargo and liked how Zane got some info about Jo
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I missed this show - a lot. So glad to have it back. And really enjoyed this episode.

I already knew the twist at the beginning because of the preview Syfy put up, but that whole thing was still a bit weird. Poor Andy - he had it rough this episode.

I like that Jack and Allison are still together (for a few moments this episode I was afraid they were going to break them up again), but I'm also with Henry - "when are you two going to be done with the honeymoon phase?" Not my favorite thing.

I liked that they did a bit of role-reversal with Fargo and Zane in the capsule, with Fargo being the one keeping it together and Zane freaking out. I'm still a bit unsure about what they're doing with Fargo. Part of me likes that they're having the character grow, but part of me wonders how much it is character growth and how much of it is rewriting the character to fit the role. *shrugs*

My very favorite part was when Jo came with the horses. I love Jo - she's awesome. There's a tiny little bit of Jack/Jo shipper in me that I try to keep ruthlessly suppressed (never ever gonna happen!), but it comes out every once in a while and it did in this scene.

I'm glad that Zane finally knows, but I'm wondering just what he knows. It will be interesting to see how that affects his interactions with the rest, not just Jo. And I'm a little iffy about this possible political arc - I'm never terribly excited about those. But overall I loved it - so excited the show's back!
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        My very favorite part was when Jo came with the horses. I love Jo - she's awesome.
                        I agree! Jo looked so in her element on the horse!

On another note, does anyone know if there is a website for Eureka screencaps?
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

There's a LJ community that someone has posted a bunch of screencaps. Don't know if the individual has them all yet or not. http://eureka-tv.livejournal.com/ Enjoy!
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

This episode felt very...busy to me. A lot going on--the intensifying of the Andy/S.A.R.A.H. relationship, the ups & downs of the Jack/Allison relationship, the awkwardness of Jo/Zane trying to over-shadow what looked like the beginnings of (at the very least) a friendship between Fargo and Jo. Add to that the launch of the Mercury vehicle & the government angle and the show didn't seem to know where it was going.

I loved seeing all my favorite characters again. Andy--LOL & *hugs*, Jack--his usual self, running on hunches that are more often than not spot on, Jo--who else but Jo would be prepared for an EMP disaster with horses? I was not really fond of the Zane/Fargo switcharoo. Zane's previous line of work outside the boundaries of the law would take a certain amount of guts, one would think, or at least a person who can stay cool in a crisis. The panic that he was showing, without some explanation ("my parents died in a plane crash" or something) was OOC, even for the AU. BTW, I am also about over the AU story arc.

All that being said, I can't wait for next week!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Here are my comments of the episode
                              1- Andy and S.A.R.A.H.???!!!! You have got to be kidding me. This is a very stupid idea, but still it was kinda funny.
                              2- I'm not really into those intense love time of the relationships. So unreal.
                              3- Zane's terrible behaviour had to catch up with him.
                              4- In space, the weakest force can cause strong movement, so how did both the rocket and the station stay in their position or alter course????
                              5- Jo is awesome, hot, smart. She's the best. My favorite character. (horses scene )
                              6- Some of you said they didn't accept the idea of Fargo not freaking out while Zane does. IMO, everyone has something they fear, so maybe Zane in previous situations when he didn't freak out, he wasn't really facing his worst fear, and maybe dying in space is.
                              7- I have a feeling that Fargo didn't really tell Zane the truth or maybe he gave him half the truth.
                              8- Fargo is good at handling GD, but not good at dealing with management work. He doesn't know what's the right thing to do. This can be seen in the last scene. He told them some stupid jokes that made things worse.
                              9- So Carter figured out by himself that they're up there inside that thing??!!! Yeah right. Like I would believe that.
                              10- The difference between Fargo and Allison is that she could have acted much better in front of the seantor.
                              11- Oh come on!!!!! Ming Na??? I don't really like her. One of the reasons why I was ok with SGU being cancelled.
                              12- Some of you said they want the AU stuff over. I think maybe they're gonna be resolved without requiring anymore time traveling. Maybe Fargo will be removed from his position, they might use Allison to replace him and Allison could do the rest like reassign Jo back to her old position, Zane and Jo get back together. The only problem would be Henry and his wife.
                              13- I had started to forget all previous ideas of the show, and I still don't remember some.
                              14- IMO, Eureka is still not good enough. It needs more to become something awesome and maybe a classic later on.
                              15- After all the clearances given by the Government to Eureka and the permission to do all this stuff and letting them do anything, they just begin to think of this now??!!! I fail to believe that.
                              16- Anyway we'll have to wait and see what could happen maybe to Fargo or Eureka. Who knows hoe much trouble he's in.

Overall, this episode was not good enough, but still good on Eureka standards to start the second half of a season with it. I would just give it 2 stars.
                              Hoping for better episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X