• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Hate the Player (306)

Visit the Episode GuideWAREHOUSE 13 SEASON 3
    DON'T HATE THE PLAYER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 306

Fargo becomes trapped in a video game inspired by Warehouse 13 and requires help from Pete, Claudia and Myka. Meanwhile, Stukowski recruits Artie and Steve to help with a case, and catches them stealing an artifact. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 20 September 2011, 03:14 PM.

great episode didn't like the graphic too much, and I am really hoping something bad happens to Agent Stukowski I do not like her at all
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Fantastic episode! I liked the graphics, very original.
      Is Myka imitating Agent Stukowski in the 'previously on warehouse 13' ?
      sigpic

Comment

Great storyline. I'm glad we got to have some character development on Jinksy and Claudia. We got to see some of what Claudia hated about her institutionalization, and Jinksy is very...trusting.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Agent Stukowski is just such an unconvincing character I kind of get frustrated at how easily she is tricking them all. Pete get's vibes about things\people but has noticed nothing, Jinx is a human lie detector but believes everything she is saying without suspicion and even Artie was fooled...Artie!!!

This episode rated as mediocre for me, both plotlines. Which is sad because the crossover episodes were awesome last season!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
            Agent Stukowski is just such an unconvincing character I kind of get frustrated at how easily she is tricking them all. Pete get's vibes about things\people but has noticed nothing, Jinx is a human lie detector but believes everything she is saying without suspicion and even Artie was fooled...Artie!!!

!
            I agree totally. Why wouldn't Jinx be able to tell she is lieing? I'm not really liking new guy
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
              I agree totally. Why wouldn't Jinx be able to tell she is lieing? I'm not really liking new guy
              Because, technically, I don't think she's spoken a lie. She simply hasn't spoken the whole truth. I figure his lie-detecting skills only work when someone is telling an outright lie, rather than a shade of grey.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

I actually loved the video game storyline for the most part, although Fargo's appearance doesn't seem to work real well with current events in Eureka...
                Spoiler:
                how would Fargo have time to go play video games with his buddies during the apparent nonstop preparations for the Astraeus mission?

I didn't care so much for the other storyline. I really can't stand Agent Sally, and while I was starting to like Jinx, I'm starting to think they're setting him up to be killed off at the end of the season, perhaps after being sadly duped by this other shadow group.

I thought Pete's chiding Fargo about playing with artifacts was hilariously hypocritical - I'm sure if Myka had heard it she would have had something to say.

I also thought the nods to Eureka characters were cute - the "dagger of Josephine" and "Carter's Curse", although I feel like I'm missing something about the whole disco ball thing.
                Last edited by Killdeer; 16 August 2011, 06:45 PM.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

This episode is kinda a combination of two episodes from other sci-fi shows. The first is the Farscape episode "John Quixote" when Chiana and Crichton are trapped in a game and have to rescue a "princess in a tower" inorder to get out and are dressed in costumes. The second is the SG-1 episode "Gamekeeper" when they are all stuck in a virtual reality game that feeds on their worst memories and they have to keep re-living them. It had a Warehouse 13 twist, but been there done that. Writers could have came up with a better story.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  I actually loved the video game storyline for the most part, although Fargo's appearance doesn't seem to work real well with current events in Eureka...
                  Spoiler:
                  how would Fargo have time to go play video games with his buddies during the apparent nonstop preparations for the Astraeus mission?
                  I would have to agree. I was thinking the same thing when I was watching it.

Not one of my favs.

Comment

Originally posted by lookupwardsnshare View Post
                    This episode is kinda a combination of two episodes from other sci-fi shows. The first is the Farscape episode "John Quixote" when Chiana and Crichton are trapped in a game and have to rescue a "princess in a tower" inorder to get out and are dressed in costumes. The second is the SG-1 episode "Gamekeeper" when they are all stuck in a virtual reality game that feeds on their worst memories and they have to keep re-living them. It had a Warehouse 13 twist, but been there done that. Writers could have came up with a better story.
                    It really reminded me of that Farscape episodes as well.

As for the episode itself I'm not a fan of the crossover between Warehouse and Eureka, I don't think it makes as much sense as people seem to think. The episode itself had some funny moments but it reminded me too much of the similar Farscape episode for me to enjoy as much as I might have done.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm with everyone who wasn't found of the video game part and how could Jinks get played so easily.

And for the $25,000 question. What came out of the painting the Dirty FBI agent gave Artie and how long until they come into play?
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

See, but I think it's because she hasn't lied to him yet. I don't think she's actually told a direct lie in front of Jinksy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                          See, but I think it's because she hasn't lied to him yet. I don't think she's actually told a direct lie in front of Jinksy.
                          I see your point but her attitude and threatening to shoot Pete on site should put him more on his guard around her.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            I see your point but her attitude and threatening to shoot Pete on site should put him more on his guard around her.
                            Yes, but that can be attributed to her being a probie, and not knowing the ropes. He was viewing her as an immature FBI agent, who felt she had something to prove. He knew that she could never have shot Pete, as she was an FBI agent. Now that's a lie he could discern, most likely. If she never had the intention to shoot him, nor the right provocation at that moment, it would be a lie, and he could tell, and relax.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              I'm with everyone who wasn't found of the video game part and how could Jinks get played so easily.

And for the $25,000 question. What came out of the painting the Dirty FBI agent gave Artie and how long until they come into play?

they look like some kind of nanites maybe to destroy the warehouse artifacts

argh I hate these evil agencies trying to destroy the warehouse
                              sigpic
                              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X