Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Ancients abandoned Atlantis 10, 000 years ago

Why didn't the Wraith simply dial in?
    I'm assuming the Ancients had the shield on at all times as to prevent the Wraith from invading the submerged Atlantis through the Gate. And I assume they must have turned it off when they left for Earth.
    Then 10,000 years pass until the Tau'ri dials the Gate.
    My videos
    My art
    sigpic

they blocked every incoming wormhole with one exception from Earth
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      they blocked every incoming wormhole with one exception from Earth
      this, they say it themselves (the ancients).

Comment

No the Lanteans never said such a thing in regards to the Wraith, as far as the Wraith knew, there was no where else for the Lanteans to go, they controlled every other world with a gate and Atlantis was all that remained. Once they knew they couldn't dial in then they would have given up anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          No the Lanteans never said such a thing in regards to the Wraith, as far as the Wraith knew, there was no where else for the Lanteans to go, they controlled every other world with a gate and Atlantis was all that remained. Once they knew they couldn't dial in then they would have given up anyway.
          They told Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
            They told Weir.
            JANUS: I've blocked all addresses to the gate except Earth. You will be safe.
            Janus blocked the gate after Weir arrived.

Comment

Janus blocked the gate after Weir arrived.
              and before he left with the others

Comment

Thanks for the answers. But that leads me to this - how did Sheppard dial back from Athos then? They dialed to Athos, and met Teyla and co. Did McKay remove the block somehow without mentioning it to anyone? Did the block deactivate after the city rose to the surface?
                My videos
                My art
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
                  Thanks for the answers. But that leads me to this - how did Sheppard dial back from Athos then? They dialed to Athos, and met Teyla and co. Did McKay remove the block somehow without mentioning it to anyone? Did the block deactivate after the city rose to the surface?
                  After the initial dial-in from Earth, it can be assumed that the programming would allow any gate to dial Atlantis again.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    After the initial dial-in from Earth, it can be assumed that the programming would allow any gate to dial Atlantis again.
                    That's my thoughts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                      and before he left with the others
                      Yes but the OP asked why the wraith didn't dial in when the Lanteans were there. Which as far as we know they never did, they certainly never tried when they knew we were on Atlantis so I guess they either knew they wouldn't be able to get through or they had no idea a gate was even there.

Comment

Yes but the OP asked why the wraith didn't dial in when the Lanteans were there. Which as far as we know they never did, they certainly never tried when they knew we were on Atlantis so I guess they either knew they wouldn't be able to get through or they had no idea a gate was even there.
                        Which can't be as they are all coming to Atlantis because they know Atlantis is the only way to get to Earth (THE GIFT). They also know that Earth isn't in the PG (RISING) so the only means to go to Earth is a stargate.
                        Unfortunately TPTB forgot those facts.
                        Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Skie View Post
                          Which can't be as they are all coming to Atlantis because they know Atlantis is the only way to get to Earth (THE GIFT). They also know that Earth isn't in the PG (RISING) so the only means to go to Earth is a stargate.
                          Unfortunately TPTB forgot those facts.
                          Perhaps but there is no evidence to suggest that they did. The Lanteans managed to leave Atlantis without waiting for the Wraith to stop dialing in. I suppose its possible that they brought a Stargate with them to override the Atlantis one so they could bring through more ships and soldiers from elsewhere if they knew the gate on Atlantis was impenetrable.

Comment

Maybe they tried, but as we know the gate has its own shield.. so they were never successful..

Comment

In "Before I Sleep," future-Weir told the Ancients about the city flooding when her expedition arrived. To make sure she didn't change the past by simply interacting with them, they locked all incoming stargate addresses except for Earth. The question is... the original timeline that the first Weir came from... how did that timeline's Atlantis go untouched by the Wraith via stargate?

Comment

Working...
                              X