2263-66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2263-66

• Genius Loci -- A nice little aside and follow-up on Lyta and G'Kar. It's kind of interesting to see the two of them getting along and into trouble on their own; it's one of those relationships I wish we'd been able to see more of on-screen than just that little bit toward the end of B5. I also think it's really cool that they find the Psi Corps mothership in hyperspace that was mentioned in The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father and then never appears on-screen.
    • The River of Souls -- Personally, I think this is easily the weakest of the B5-centric movies. The Soul Hunter episode in Season 1 was never really all that interesting, so I kind of wonder how it ended up being the focus of an entire movie later on. I guess it's not totally without its charms though. Every time I watch it, I'm still impressed that it has both Ian McShane and Martin Sheen in it--that's some big time star power. And the whole holo-Lochley thing...

• The Nautilus Coil -- Oh wow, wow. What a fantastic short story! Why couldn't this have been the subject of a novel, or a Lost Tales release, or a movie? Telepath War happening in the background! Garibaldi's block gets removed! Kevin Vacit! The revelation that telepathy does not evolve naturally in sentient beings at all! Holy crap....amazing story.
    • The Legend of the Rangers -- Hate, hate, hate. What an awful bloody movie. This is the one B5 project that I'm glad failed and never resulted in any additional material. It's not JUST the horrid acting, or JUST the 'cadets in space', or JUST the impossibly lame firing control, or JUST the shallow and predictable writing (though any of those on their own would have been enough), but the entire thing is just such a mess that I don't know why I bother including it in my rewatches.

• Some really neat stuff going on near the beginning of the second Legions of Fire novel. A hyperspace "funnel" leading to an enormous Shadow base, the place from which the Shadow plague originated? Neat. Only thing about that is that find it a little strange there would be a Shadow jumpgate at all, considering Shadow vessels never had to use jumpgates to enter and exit hyperspace
    • Nice to finally 'see' Galen again in general. After following him through the three Techno-mage novels, it's great to see him show up again in LoF2 and then finally see Peter Woodward's portrayal
    • A Call to Arms is kind of interesting movie in an odd way. It can't even rightly be called a "backdoor" pilot, as the movie doesn't stand alone. I find it a little odd that the Drakh, after playing so quietly for five years at this point, would present themselves so openly. Wouldn't they expect to be hounded and hunted after that, wherever they went?
    • And Dureena, she's okay once Crusade gets running, but in A Call to Arms she's such a useless character
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life
Working...
X