This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 Hero Clicks

Ok, being a fan of desktop toys in general, working as a graphics designer for a living, I was excited to start collecting the very cool, though incredibly cheaply made Hero Clicks recently. I’ll never play the game you understand. But, there is something undeniably cool about placing these little guys around my cubicle in mock battles. Attack of the Hand Ninjas etc. Anyways, I’m once again struck by the producers of the worlds greatest Sci Fi Tv series missing the boat once again. Where oh where are my SG-1 Clicks pray tell?

Now, I appreciate the fact that there are sites where I can buy actual SG-1 weapons and uniforms, considering I’ve yet to win that pesky lottery, I’d rather prefer a quality line of action figures. Man if SG-1 had a line of figures comparable in quality to say the recent Master of The Universe line, I know for a fact they’d have to make an absolute killing!

What is the hold up? Does it have something to do with the original movie writers holding onto such toys rights? I wonder.

"Amanda ga dai suki desu."

I reckon it's just MGM being awkward.....damn them. Would be soooo cool though!
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I agree. While I'd love to own one of the, oh so expensive, official prop Zat guns. I'd be perfectly happy with a $20 toy with "Authentic Digital Sound Effects!" As long as it also automatically sprang up with the push of a button.
      "Maktal shree! Loc'tak. Mek'ta satak Oz! Moktal Oz. Moktal Oz, Kree!" - Daniel Jackson

"So, you want to be my Oma?" - Jack O'Neill

Comment

I think something along the lines of the original Star Wars figures would be great. Of course, you'd have to have ships (don't anti-ship me. I just think action figures need cool rides), a Stargate (with a shimmery blue insert, of course), and the Cheyenne Mountain playset. Yeah, I'd buy it.

There are people out there who custom-make action figures, who would probably more than happy to turn out SG-1, some Jaffa, and of course, Asgard.

Storm

Comment

Yes! Great idea!

A Cheyenne Mountain playset would be so awesome.
          "Maktal shree! Loc'tak. Mek'ta satak Oz! Moktal Oz. Moktal Oz, Kree!" - Daniel Jackson

"So, you want to be my Oma?" - Jack O'Neill

Comment

There's a guy who will do a 12 inch G.I. Joe Style action figure with custom modelled head and a hand craft set of clothing and props for like $250 US. The funny thing is t hat a person could probably have that made and then manage to turn a profit on eBay.

I do love the action figures though. The Spiderman line with 32 points of articulation are awesome!

Comment

I've got the Black Symbiote Spidey on my wall...very cool, very articulate
              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Sam Carter blowup doll.

I'm a bad, bad person.

Comment

heheheheheheheheheh...
                  [email protected]
                  http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                  One nation under dog
                  There of which I stand alone
                  A face in the crowd
                  Unsung, against the mold
                  Without a doubt
                  Singled out
                  The only way I know

Comment

An interesting thing about zat guns is that I have never seen one offered that could open up and close. Are the ones on the show CGI?
                    [email protected]

One nation under dog
                    A face in the crowd
                    Unsung, against the mold
                    Without a doubt
                    Singled out
                    The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile
                      Sam Carter blowup doll.

I'm a bad, bad person.
                      Major Samantha Carter is too pure to allow such debauchery to happen

Comment

You said it Jprime. for the kind of money they are asking I'd expect some sort of electric discharge to go along with the opening and closing action. Maybe a Zat/ Stunn gun?

Comment

Another wicked thing would be if the jaffa ction figures' Prim'tah's would pop out when you pushed the figures head...with hissing sound effects too. maybe the entire jaffa could be used as a water gun by shooting green "venom" out of the Prim'tah...Id sure buy it!
                          [email protected]

One nation under dog
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                            Another wicked thing would be if the jaffa ction figures' Prim'tah's would pop out when you pushed the figures head...with hissing sound effects too. maybe the entire jaffa could be used as a water gun by shooting green "venom" out of the Prim'tah...Id sure buy it!
                            Ahhhhh. That's a cool idea!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime

"No gou'ald larva were hurt in the manufacturing of this toy...."
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X