PDA

View Full Version : SG-1 Hero Clicks

Greybro
May 18th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Ok, being a fan of desktop toys in general, working as a graphics designer for a living, I was excited to start collecting the very cool, though incredibly cheaply made Hero Clicks recently. I’ll never play the game you understand. But, there is something undeniably cool about placing these little guys around my cubicle in mock battles. Attack of the Hand Ninjas etc. Anyways, I’m once again struck by the producers of the worlds greatest Sci Fi Tv series missing the boat once again. Where oh where are my SG-1 Clicks pray tell?

Now, I appreciate the fact that there are sites where I can buy actual SG-1 weapons and uniforms, considering I’ve yet to win that pesky lottery, I’d rather prefer a quality line of action figures. Man if SG-1 had a line of figures comparable in quality to say the recent Master of The Universe line, I know for a fact they’d have to make an absolute killing!

What is the hold up? Does it have something to do with the original movie writers holding onto such toys rights? I wonder.

:cool:

omnian
May 18th, 2004, 09:48 AM
I reckon it's just MGM being awkward.....damn them. Would be soooo cool though!

simon4of4
May 18th, 2004, 10:40 AM
I agree. While I'd love to own one of the, oh so expensive, official prop Zat guns. I'd be perfectly happy with a $20 toy with "Authentic Digital Sound Effects!" As long as it also automatically sprang up with the push of a button. :)

Storm
May 18th, 2004, 10:57 AM
I think something along the lines of the original Star Wars figures would be great. Of course, you'd have to have ships (don't anti-ship me. I just think action figures need cool rides), a Stargate (with a shimmery blue insert, of course), and the Cheyenne Mountain playset. Yeah, I'd buy it.

There are people out there who custom-make action figures, who would probably more than happy to turn out SG-1, some Jaffa, and of course, Asgard.

Storm

simon4of4
May 18th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Yes! Great idea!

A Cheyenne Mountain playset would be so awesome. :)

Greybro
May 18th, 2004, 12:33 PM
There's a guy who will do a 12 inch G.I. Joe Style action figure with custom modelled head and a hand craft set of clothing and props for like $250 US. The funny thing is t hat a person could probably have that made and then manage to turn a profit on eBay.

I do love the action figures though. The Spiderman line with 32 points of articulation are awesome!

petzke_42
May 18th, 2004, 02:26 PM
I've got the Black Symbiote Spidey on my wall...very cool, very articulate :P

Hostile
May 18th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Sam Carter blowup doll.

I'm a bad, bad person.

Jprime
May 18th, 2004, 03:59 PM
heheheheheheheheheh...

Jprime
May 18th, 2004, 04:00 PM
An interesting thing about zat guns is that I have never seen one offered that could open up and close. Are the ones on the show CGI?

FixxxeR
May 18th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Sam Carter blowup doll.

I'm a bad, bad person.

Major Samantha Carter is too pure to allow such debauchery to happen :mad:

Greybro
May 18th, 2004, 04:03 PM
You said it Jprime. for the kind of money they are asking I'd expect some sort of electric discharge to go along with the opening and closing action. Maybe a Zat/ Stunn gun?

Jprime
May 18th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Another wicked thing would be if the jaffa ction figures' Prim'tah's would pop out when you pushed the figures head...with hissing sound effects too. maybe the entire jaffa could be used as a water gun by shooting green "venom" out of the Prim'tah...Id sure buy it!

Greybro
May 18th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Another wicked thing would be if the jaffa ction figures' Prim'tah's would pop out when you pushed the figures head...with hissing sound effects too. maybe the entire jaffa could be used as a water gun by shooting green "venom" out of the Prim'tah...Id sure buy it!
Ahhhhh. That's a cool idea!!!

Mio
May 18th, 2004, 05:18 PM

"No gou'ald larva were hurt in the manufacturing of this toy...."

petzke_42
May 18th, 2004, 07:24 PM
An interesting thing about zat guns is that I have never seen one offered that could open up and close. Are the ones on the show CGI?

As far as I have heard, there are only a handfull of "working" (meaning opening and closing) zats...the rest are just non-working models.

Jprime
May 18th, 2004, 08:15 PM
I guess they only need a few "working" zats, plus a few if somebody breaks 'em...for scenes were you never see them open and close non-opening versions could be used.awesome blowup doll idea!

Asgard-VA
May 18th, 2004, 08:32 PM
...a Stargate (with a shimmery blue insert, of course...

Storm

There is one of those "soothing" water-effects things on the market in the shape of a circle. It stands upright (just like a gate) and the water gets pumped through forming a poor-man's shimmering effect. I actually bought one as a joke for a relative of mine who is really into SG-1. Doesn't have the gate symbols on it, but I'm sure that problem could be solved.

Tok'Ra Hostess
May 19th, 2004, 07:16 AM
There is one of those "soothing" water-effects things on the market in the shape of a circle. It stands upright (just like a gate) and the water gets pumped through forming a poor-man's shimmering effect. I actually bought one as a joke for a relative of mine who is really into SG-1. Doesn't have the gate symbols on it, but I'm sure that problem could be solved.

Really? I want one for my workdesk. (Will it fit on a workdesk?)It would make a neat focal point during those long, drawn-out daydreaming sessions while I wait for customers to call.

What's it called by? Where did you get it, and for how many deniros?

KokiriChild
May 19th, 2004, 08:58 AM
I did make a Stargate out of Lego when I was younger... unfortunatley I couldn't create a stable wormhole through it, lego is no substitute for Naq'ida

SeaBee
May 19th, 2004, 03:02 PM
I spotted a 1/2 size replica of a stargate in somebodies front garden last year. It was made of fibreglass and the guy had built it himself. He could make a fortune with that.

KokiriChild
May 19th, 2004, 03:22 PM
What? Ahh >_< that's so cool!

I've thought about trying to build a miniture version that has a rotating ring with some motors in that I can control through USB so I could make a dialing program on my laptop and link the two together and it'd be so cool and I've obviously had too much sugar as there's no punctuation throughout this whole section

weeeeeeee chocolate

Asgard-VA
May 19th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Really? I want one for my workdesk. (Will it fit on a workdesk?)It would make a neat focal point during those long, drawn-out daydreaming sessions while I wait for customers to call.

What's it called by? Where did you get it, and for how many deniros?

I picked up one at a local Kohls, but there are probably other places that carry it. As a matter of fact, I found a picture of it at amazon.com tonight. It's called "HoMedics WFL-STRM EnviraScape Streaming Waters Illuminated Indoor Fountain, Copper" and you can get it for about $20. Oh, and it definitely can fit on your desk at work, although you will need an electrical outlet if you want your gate powered up.

Polyglot
May 20th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Hey, that's pretty cool. Too bad the circle one doesn't come in silver.

simon4of4
May 20th, 2004, 11:21 AM
That's why they make paint silly. :p