Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T'Pol and 2009 movie, missed opportunity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T'Pol and 2009 movie, missed opportunity...

Enterprise's third season episode "E2" was set in 2153. The Enterprise encountered an alternate Enterprise from the near future that was thrust 117 years into the past. 2153+117=2270 The 2009 movie was set in the 2250's. T'Pol could have had a cameo in the movie, but alas... missed opportunity. What if she'd been one of the elders that Spock rescued?

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    Enterprise's third season episode "E2" was set in 2153. The Enterprise encountered an alternate Enterprise from the near future that was thrust 117 years into the past. 2153+117=2270 The 2009 movie was set in the 2250's. T'Pol could have had a cameo in the movie, but alas... missed opportunity. What if she'd been one of the elders that Spock rescued?
    God no. She was terrible enough in ENT and SG1. Maybe the worst actress I've ever seen.
    Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

What was so terrible about Jolene Blalock's acting? I liked her portrayal of T'Pol and Ishta. My only real complaint about T'Pol was her wardrobe. It was utterly unrealistic for a Vulcan to wear let alone on a starship. I mean, could you see Hoshi dressing like that?

By the way, which episodes did Blalock appear as Ishta?

Comment

She was in a 6th or 7th season ep, and again in the 8th. Only 2 eps.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          What was so terrible about Jolene Blalock's acting? I liked her portrayal of T'Pol and Ishta. My only real complaint about T'Pol was her wardrobe. It was utterly unrealistic for a Vulcan to wear let alone on a starship. I mean, could you see Hoshi dressing like that?

By the way, which episodes did Blalock appear as Ishta?
          Well for one her performance as T'Pol and Ishta was almost indistinguishable so yea, nuff said. Terrible actress, should've stuck to modeling.
          Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

Her performances for both parts were nothing alike. T'Pol was stoic and emotionless, Ishta was anything but. I'm struggling to take your critique of her seriously, she was one of the stronger actors on Enterprise, and did well in SG-1 (and House) too.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              Her performances for both parts were nothing alike. T'Pol was stoic and emotionless, Ishta was anything but. I'm struggling to take your critique of her seriously, she was one of the stronger actors on Enterprise, and did well in SG-1 (and House) too.
              I found her to be slightly emotional and tense in both parts. In fact she's always tense on camera. Imo she holds the title of worst vulcan ever followed closely by kirstie ally and tim russ. If I can tell someone is acting then they aren't really acting. I can always tell she is acting.

Comment

I thought T'Pol was awesome....

Comment

I hated T'Pol.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                    I hated T'Pol.
                    T'Pol=doorstop

Finally we agree on something.

Comment

I can see where the criticism of Jolene Blalock comes from although some of it seems a bit harsh. We (or at least I) don't know how she was asked to play the character and she had to deal with some pretty soft writing imo. However,

Originally posted by Onealwasoverrated View Post
                      Imo she holds the title of worst vulcan ever followed closely by kirstie ally and tim russ.
                      Tim Russ, really? I might agree that he makes a better Klingon than a Vulcan but I always thought he made a rather good Vulcan personally.
                      "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Personally i think that the problems with T'pol stemmed from bad writing/direction. She was supposed to be playing a vulcan but the writers kept on adding way too much emotion into her character. They even introduced story arcs and character development that mainly consisted of T'pol becoming overly emotional or losing emotional control because of this, that and whatever.

Maybe they where just trying to hark back to the vulcans of TOS and early TNG who had strong emotion but kept it firmly under control as opposed to the completely devoid of emotion and personality vulcans that populated the later series of trek or maybe the writers just genuinly thought that the only way for the charcter to be interesting was for her to have emotions.

Either way i think it was the fault of the writers not the actress. And am not going to mention the dumb outfit that was neither vulcan nor a starfleet uniform cause otherwise if i start ranting about that my head might explode.
                        Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Here's a thought. Not all Vulcans act exactly the same. Who's to say that T'Pol can't have difficulty with completely suppressing her emotions?

Spock was half human and overcompensated. Tuvok was a full-blood Vulcan, but he seemed to struggle with his darker emotions. T'Pol was from the mid-22nd century and struggled with curiosity. She was always wanting to look in places that Vulcan society would frown upon.

Comment

I love T'Pol in Enterprise, she was very pleasant to look at, and with my finger on the mute button I didn't even have to listen to anything she tries to act!

Comment

Originally posted by Onealwasoverrated View Post
                              God no. She was terrible enough in ENT and SG1. Maybe the worst actress I've ever seen.
                              Says the one who can't spell O'Neill correctly.

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
                              She was in a 6th or 7th season ep, and again in the 8th. Only 2 eps.
                              Trying to figure out what you're talking about here? ENT only had four seasons.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X