X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Clone Wars -- Season 3 BD/DVD announcement

Woohoo

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Clo...Season-3/15502

The Clone Wars - North-of-the-Border Listing Gives DVD, Blu-ray Season 3 Date, Cost, Artwork
    According to Amazon.ca, the standard and high-def releases are available in late October

We haven't received an announcement from Lucasfilm or Warner Home Video, and the U.S.-based arm of Amazon hasn't completed their listings for the title yet. But up north of the border, the Canadian arm at Amazon.ca is accepting pre-orders for The Clone Wars - The Complete Season 3 on both DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc! The release date shown is October 25th, and you can prepurchase your copy from them at a discount off the list prices of CA$55.98 SRP for the DVD set, and CA$74.98 SRP for the Blu version. Early cover art, which is also seen in the "sign up to be notified" listings at the USA arm of the big e-tailer, has been posted below. Since the studio hasn't formally provided this info or artwork, it may not be final and could be subject to change. Stay tuned for updates, if necessary!

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I really do not like that artwork. It's just too blue. Should have treated it the same way as Yoda when he was on the cover and used a colour that didn't match his lightsaber's colour.

sigpic

Comment

I agree. I don't mind strong colouring, but it really needs something in it to contrast that much blue.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wow. That is so BLUE! My son will be annoyed he has to wait so long!
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Shoot. I do not care a lick about the color I just wanna own season three.

Just don't know if I can wait that long.
          sigpic

Comment

Bit old, but it seems like they've toned down the blue a lot.

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...set/index.html

Looks much better now that it's not burning my eyes. Can't believe only the blu-ray is getting 30 deleted scenes.

sigpic

Comment

Still quite blue, but a big improvement for sure. Love that there's going to be deleted scenes!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Still quite blue, but a big improvement for sure. Love that there's going to be deleted scenes!
                30+ deleted/extended scenes is good news, but it will annoy me if I decide to get the DVD version as I'm still very much pro-DVD. I've nothing against Blu-ray, but I still prefer viewing movies on PC/DVD player than using my PS3.

sigpic

Comment

Well, if you're already handicapping your viewing experience by watching it in a sub-standard format....

Comment

Better sub-standard than pointlessly overpriced. Besides, if the quality is good enough, it should look fine upscaled. I only really watch movies on PS3 when I'm in bed trying to sleep. Waste of good Star Wars material just for blu-ray when I'd only watch it when going to bed. DVD = all day long.

sigpic

Comment

Got this on Tuesday.

There's nothing in the disc descriptions about deleted scenes, but I did notice last night when watching "ARC Troopers" that the 'kiss' deleted scene has been restored.

I am pretty disappointed though that the boxset only appears to be available in slimline packaging--so it doesn't match the two larger, collectors-style releases of the first two seasons

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Got this on Tuesday.

There's nothing in the disc descriptions about deleted scenes, but I did notice last night when watching "ARC Troopers" that the 'kiss' deleted scene has been restored.

I am pretty disappointed though that the boxset only appears to be available in slimline packaging--so it doesn't match the two larger, collectors-style releases of the first two seasons
                        I'm really surprised the 'kiss' deleted scene was added back in. Parents are going to have a hard time explaining that one to their kids.

I'm a bit annoyed about that to. I really liked all the artwork that was included with the first two seasons.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I ordered this through Amazon.ca for my son. My son was also annoyed at the packaging. Sucks that it's been changed after 2 seasons. I'm surprised they did that! He has I think the last disc to watch still.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            I'm really surprised the 'kiss' deleted scene was added back in. Parents are going to have a hard time explaining that one to their kids.
                            Why would you be surprised that it was included? It's more than likely that the scene was removed by Cartoon Network themselves rather than LucasFilm. As Cartoon Network would have no control over DVD/Blu-Ray release, the original episode is included. Happens all the time with Anime DVD's being displayed as Uncut because of the edits done by the networks.

It was a really impressive scene though. I found it disturbingly funny.

sigpic

Comment

Yep, SB's hit the nail on the head. The episodes go to DVD/BD as they were created. Cartoon Network is the only party doing censorship in this equation, and since they aren't involved in the home media production, they have no say. Thus the episode appears as it was originally made.

I loved the kiss scene, myself. What a phenomenal character moment for Ventress.

Comment

Working...
                              X