This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurora Display tonight!

People in Canada and the northern US may be treated to a display of the Aurora Borealis tonight, June 8th. And if you're in the southern hemisphere, you should get a light show as well, with the Aurora Austalis visible.

Solar Flare, Auroral Display

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

I can not wait...

It's so pretty to see
    This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

i hope i can see it from where i am!
      sigpic

Comment

I hope I get to see it too from Buffalo, NY.....hope I can stay up long enough.....

Comment

I've never seen one. Would love to see one sometime before I die.

Comment

i saw one once, few years ago it made it far enough down to Kansas

you will likely need to be well out of the city to see it

a sheeting curtain of phosphorescent light, wavering across the sky
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

clouds here
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It's cloudy here and too bloody humid.

Comment

Originally posted by AllyCat View Post
                  It's cloudy here and too bloody humid.
                  then we must block the sun and bring winter earily

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    then we must block the sun and bring winter earily
                    Yes we do. Michigan never gets this hot.. it's ridiculous. We need Apollo's chariot or Thor's ship

Comment

Originally posted by AllyCat View Post
                      Yes we do. Michigan never gets this hot.. it's ridiculous. We need Apollo's chariot or Thor's ship
                      are you jel's sister ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        are you jel's sister ?
                        LOL Good Lord no....

I think I'd be insane right about now.... oh wait.. I am here ain't I?!

:: shifts her eyes a bit :: I am actually not his sister... although I am close enough I could claim that

Comment

Humid as all get out here, and I'm too tired to walk the two blocks up to the lake for a dark, unimpeded view of the northern horizon. Well, actually, it's more the being sleepy and having to get up in six hours for a ten-hour workday, followed by three or four hours worth of combined drive time and last-minute staff setup for my historical recreation event this weekend, followed by what will probably be too little sleep, followed by an eight-hour work day and then a weekend staffing the event. No rest for the wicked, I guess, and no aurora, either. Drat.

I'm off to respond to an email or two and then go to bed. On the plus side, the client is springing for breakfast and lunch (and, one would assume, coffee) tomorrow and Friday. Somebody remind me to tell the funny story about the service call from hell that I made yesterday... um... on Sunday night or something, when I'm back and have time to tell it properly.

Y'all play nice, now.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            Humid as all get out here, and I'm too tired to walk the two blocks up to the lake for a dark, unimpeded view of the northern horizon. Well, actually, it's more the being sleepy and having to get up in six hours for a ten-hour workday, followed by three or four hours worth of combined drive time and last-minute staff setup for my historical recreation event this weekend, followed by what will probably be too little sleep, followed by an eight-hour work day and then a weekend staffing the event. No rest for the wicked, I guess, and no aurora, either. Drat.

I'm off to respond to an email or two and then go to bed. On the plus side, the client is springing for breakfast and lunch (and, one would assume, coffee) tomorrow and Friday. Somebody remind me to tell the funny story about the service call from hell that I made yesterday... um... on Sunday night or something, when I'm back and have time to tell it properly.

Y'all play nice, now.
                            Will do.. You be careful out there Sweetie. It's suppose to be rather huge storms

Comment

if I do manage to get a view of it I'll try to take pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X