on sale this week: FARSCAPE #20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on sale this week: FARSCAPE #20

"The War for the Uncharted Territories" heats up, as Part 8 hits stands on Wednesday in the form of Farscape #20. (As an aside -- frell me sideways, I've written 20 issues of a monthly comic. That's awesome.)

This is an issue that is at once the most action-packed and the most introspective issue of the series, and I have to admit to being particularly proud of it. The comic is co-plotted by myself and that O'Bannon fella, with art by Will Sliney and cover by Caleb Cleveland. It'll be published by BOOM! Studios, like usual, for $3.99.

Oh, and the title is "Getting the Band Back Together." It'll be pretty obvious why when you read it. (And I did take a certain pleasure out of using a pop-culture reference that was actually used by another Ben Browder character, to wit, Colonel Mitchell on SG1....)

Here's a preview on my blog........................
    Keith R.A. DeCandido
    [email protected]
    www.decandido.net
    decandido.wordpress.com
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Nice!
    Hopefully it'll be in the comic store, where I regularly get my stuff from, this weekend!

edit:
    Thanks for the preview, too. It was nice. I still wish the art would improve a few more notches. Regardless of whatever shortcomings (it's not bad, mind you, but I wouldn't call it great) the art may have, the great story makes up for it!
    Last edited by gotthammer; 07 June 2011, 10:40 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I know I can't wait to get my hands on this issue.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Great issue, though, a few members of the band are still missing. I loved having the "my name is" sequences, as well as seeing the Kkore get a little suprised...if not nervous.

BTW, KRAD, what's with the actual release dates of these things being so sporadic? As late as last week, every site I could find said this would come out June 29th, and then it came out today. (just curious as to how this works, I assume they push it out as soon as it's ready and that is sort of their final deadline?)

*edited to add, I'm not complaining, just curious as to how the industry works. I know you have to work your butt off to get this, and how ever many things you are working on, out.

Comment

Randy: I have no idea. I just write the scripts and hand them in. *shrug*
          Keith R.A. DeCandido
          [email protected]
          www.decandido.net
          decandido.wordpress.com
          Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

As long as they do come out, that is all that really matters to me.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              As long as they do come out, that is all that really matters to me.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X