PDA

View Full Version : Any news on an OST?

Brian N
June 7th, 2011, 02:56 AM
I remember reading a thread in this forum that said SGU's original sound track was in the works, but since then nothing has been mentioned.

Does anyone have any news on this?

user87375856395
June 7th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I second this, wish there were more Stargate OSTs!

Rick :sheppard:

Admiral Mappalazarou
June 7th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I always wanted one for SG-1 (particularly the middle seasons). Goldsmith doesn't seem convinced enough that there's a market for this out there, even though Bear McCreary has proven it again and again. Fans love soundtracks.

Sp!der
June 13th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Yes. Fans love them, me included ^^

Shadow_7
June 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Sadly I think they moved away from the video montage closer to NOT do the OST. I'd like one though. There were some good songs (here and there). That don't forget to breathe one was quite appropriate for that episode.

Pharaoh Atem
June 13th, 2011, 08:02 PM
joel's a idiot for not relaseing music

TENTHIUS
June 14th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I don't understand this eiter. If there's anything SG related I'd buy right now, it is the SGU OST. Joe Mallozzi promised to send Mr. Goldsmith an email but there's no news about the response on his blog, so who knows? :( He doesn't respond on his Freeclyde site too. I have a bad feeling about this.

Sp!der
June 15th, 2011, 12:08 AM

exactly. I love his music, I waited years that he releases scores from SG1 Season 8-10 (ok he did release scores for Ark of Truth and Continuum... but still!) there is so much material over 17 Seasons... I dont understand why he does not push a release at least for an SG:U score.... I would buy it instantly! And where is the Atlantis Best of Soundtrack, we were promised of? ...:(

solid-snake56
June 17th, 2011, 05:00 AM

I'd like to know if he really cares about his job...
When I see Bear McCreary discussing with his fans through is blog and twitter, doing interviews for many websites, I see a composer who really wants to share his love for the music even when he's really busy with his projects. Sadly, I can't say the same for Joel. :(

I'm not a fan of the incidental music on SGU (too many synths) but I would buy the soundtrack if it was available. :hammond:

TENTHIUS
June 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I even thought of starting some #ReleaseSGUSoundtrack campaign. Sadly, I am not living in USA and don't use my twitter account that much, so it probably wouldn't have any impact. Releasing a soundtrack would be the most profitable thing they could do now. The score is created, so if they put it on iTunes or Amazon, they wouldn't have to spend money to create CD discs. It would be basically almost free, wouldn't it?

Egle01
June 18th, 2011, 03:45 AM
I'd like to know if he really cares about his job...
When I see Bear McCreary discussing with his fans through is blog and twitter, doing interviews for many websites, I see a composer who really wants to share his love for the music even when he's really busy with his projects. Sadly, I can't say the same for Joel. :(Well, maybe Joel is more humble about his work and a private person.

Sp!der
June 18th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Well, maybe Joel is more humble about his work and a private person.

true. but a release of his work now and then wouldnt hurt, would it? ;)

Egle01
June 18th, 2011, 07:17 AM
true. but a release of his work now and then wouldnt hurt, would it? ;)Of course not. In fact, I'd be completely thrilled if he'd be releasing SG soundtracks. But if he chooses not to, then there's still no right to call him an idiot. In my opinion.

TENTHIUS
June 18th, 2011, 10:05 AM
No, he is not an idiot. But if he chooses not to release it, he will let me down.

user87375856395
June 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM
The score is created, so if they put it on iTunes or Amazon, they wouldn't have to spend money to create CD discs. It would be basically almost free, wouldn't it?

Well apart from the licensing, not sure if that costs? but it would make them some money (minus Joel's royalties of course) depends how it works.

I would love an SGU soundtrack, I think the music's amazing, I love the synths (I'm a fan of the old Doctor Who scores from the 80's which are all synths!) so would 110% buy it!

Fingers crossed one day...

Rick :beckett:

Zyrodra
June 19th, 2011, 03:45 AM
I don't understand this eiter. If there's anything SG related I'd buy right now, it is the SGU OST. Joe Mallozzi promised to send Mr. Goldsmith an email but there's no news about the response on his blog, so who knows? :( He doesn't respond on his Freeclyde site too. I have a bad feeling about this.

That was me who asked about OST :P Its a shame he hasn't said anything since. I've left a message asking about every two to three blog posts of his but nothing so far.

I think the biggest problem for Joel is that physical media is cost more and Joel would be making a loss on every unit sold so the total units sold, to how much it would take to make them would not be in his favor. I would like him to go digital, that way he can get more money, he would lose about 10% to 20% on which ever service he uses (standard practice), and be available to nearly everyone anywhere. Its win win.

I think if we don't hear anything at the end of the year. Its not likely going to happen :(

TENTHIUS
June 19th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Seriously, how about some twitter or facebook camaign? There are many SG fans who would buy it. We need to show Mr. Goldsmith and MGM that we want it.

TheRandomOne
June 19th, 2011, 08:55 AM
That was me who asked about OST :P Its a shame he hasn't said anything since. I've left a message asking about every two to three blog posts of his but nothing so far.

I think the biggest problem for Joel is that physical media is cost more and Joel would be making a loss on every unit sold so the total units sold, to how much it would take to make them would not be in his favor. I would like him to go digital, that way he can get more money, he would lose about 10% to 20% on which ever service he uses (standard practice), and be available to nearly everyone anywhere. Its win win.

I think if we don't hear anything at the end of the year. Its not likely going to happen :(

There are always digital downloads. Or maybe even put them up on his own site to buy. There is one site I know of where many composers put their music up for sale & talk to the fans on Facebook about recommendations with what to put up. A few Movie Trailer Music companies do this