PDA

View Full Version : X-Men 3: Why the hate? ( Spoilers)

Snowman37
June 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM
There seems to be a lot of hate on these forums for X-Men: The Last Stand. Why? I found it to be a very entertaining and thrilling film. If anything, too many scenes were cut out that should have been left in. I think the film was too rushed and would have benefited from a longer cut. :cool:

Admiral Mappalazarou
June 4th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Yep. I loved it too.

A lot more than Superman Returns, which is what Singer went to do instead.

. . . Poor, poor Singer.

DigiFluid
June 4th, 2011, 11:39 AM
'Curing' Mystique for no particular reason, after she was such an important player in the first two movies
It pointlessly introduced tons of mutants who had little to do past having a 10 second VFX shot
Rather than 'X-Men 3', an ensemble film focusing on a team of mutants in a hostile world, it was really just 'The Wolverine and Storm Movie'
Too much emphasis on Storm because Halle Berry insisted on it after winning her Oscar--when Halle Berry was was one of the most horribly mis-cast actors in the franchise
Too much emphasis on Wolverine because the tools writing/producing/directing/financing it thought that all you need is Wolverine to do X-Men
It failed miserably at telling the Dark Phoenix story. Whether you look at it in terms of comic adaptation or story fulfilment of the previous movie, it frakking awful
It completely abandoned the mutant/gay allegory that had been done masterfully in the first two films, just to tell some stupid "cure" story that had no place in a film that should have been 100% about the Dark Phoenix
It jammed Magneto's anti-human war story in for no particular reason other than "oh yeah, we forgot about the first two movies doing that!"
It pointlessly killed off major characters....I have no problem with character deaths, but for when they happen for no reason at all (including Cyclops off-screen) :rolleyes:
Rogue ceased to be an actual character with a story of her own, and was instead relegated to being a lovesick puppy with no mind of her own
Magneto's revolt was cumbersome and moronic. Rather than the deceptive, subtle, genius villain we'd gotten to know in the first two movies....he tears up the Golden Gate Bridge for no apparent reason.
Juggernaut isn't a mutant--so how was Leech able to harm him?
"I'm the Juggernaut, b*tch!" Pardon me while I go vomit.

No. This movie was a disaster from beginning to end, a waste of $210m, a waste of 90 minutes, and a waste of everyone involved's time. Every last copy of this movie deserves to be dumped into vats of manure (its own kind) and then shot into the sun, before all traces of it are erased from human memory.

gotthammer
June 4th, 2011, 11:49 AM
^
That, but less harsh.

Reason for 'less harshness': Umm...Shadowcat was cute? :D

Laxian of Earth
June 4th, 2011, 12:00 PM
well, i agree that it could have been done loads better (magneto is no idiot going for open revolt, even more if they have this "cure-weapon" - no he would have done all that another way....like taking out a missile silo crew and launching against the cure facility....or by sneaking in and poisoning the "cure-child" etc.)

rogue: well...'nough said about that :(

cyclops....well didn't like him that much anyway (also he should have gotten an on-screen death)

dark phoenix story: well i would have loved for THAT to be tossed out (then the magneto part would have been able to expand more)

still it was at least way better then any of the spider-man movies (or other stuff like that)

greetings LAX

Snowman37
June 4th, 2011, 12:10 PM
'Curing' Mystique for no particular reason, after she was such an important player in the first two movies
It was important to the story, because it illustrated just how cold Magneto was and how he was going way too far. Mystique had been with him for a long time, she was his #1. As soon as she is cured (via weapon), he drops her like rotten fruit. No compassion, no goodbye, just, "I'm sorry, but you're not one of us anymore." Cold. Also, she wasn't cured for no reason, she saved Magneto from being cured.

It pointlessly introduced tons of mutants who had little to do past having a 10 second VFX shot
Well, the movie is called The Last Stand. Brett Ratner wanted to give us a final battle between the X-Men and the Brotherhood.

Rather than 'X-Men 3', an ensemble film focusing on a team of mutants in a hostile world, it was really just 'The Wolverine and Storm Movie'
Really? I seem to remember a whole array of X-Men characters being focused on. Wolverine is the star, obviously. Storm steps up after the deaths of Cyclops and Xavior, she's next in line to run the school. Xavior has a large role up to his death which is there to present how dangerous the Phoenix is. Jean Grey returns as the Phoenix, a secondary villain and the most powerful mutant ever encountered. Iceman has had an increasing role with more to do in each film, the same goes for Kitty Pryde (the girl who can walk through walls). Beast is also introduced with a substantial role. Magneto and Pyro shine with a lot to do, building up to the battle at Alcatraz Island. The only characters who really got short changed were Cyclops and Rogue. Cyclops was killed off early on due to the actor being unavailable, working on Superman Returns. As for Rogue... I have no idea why she just disappeared half way through the movie. Cure or not, she could have returned in time for the big finale. It's almost as if Brett Ratner didn't know what to do with her.

Too much emphasis on Storm because Halle Berry insisted on it after winning her Oscar--when Halle Berry was was one of the most horribly mis-cast actors in the franchise
I like Halley Berry as Storm. With the death of Cyclops early on, it made sense for her to have a larger role.

Too much emphasis on Wolverine because the tools writing/producing/directing/financing it thought that all you need is Wolverine to do X-Men
Well, Hugh Jackman is the star of the series. What do you expect? Should the movie star Halley Berry instead?

It failed miserably at telling the Dark Phoenix story. Whether you look at it in terms of comic adaptation or story fulfilment of the previous movie, it frakking awful
I'm unfamiliar with the Dark Phoenix story of the comics. Why not judge the movie on it's own merits? Yes, it reinvisioned the story, but it had to be brought down to Earth for the movie goers (people like me who never read the comics) to buy what was going on. Seriously, what was so bad? I thought it was great! I just wish they'd kept the scene at the end where Magneto orders Jean to help, and she just ignores him. It's almost as if she was enjoying the slaughter waiting for her turn to go after everyone.

It completely abandoned the mutant/gay allegory that had been done masterfully in the first two films, just to tell some stupid "cure" story that had no place in a film that should have been 100% about the Dark Phoenix
First off, I agree that this movie should have been all about the Phoenix. Save the cure for X4 with the Phoenix being the provocation. As for dropping the mutant/gay allegory, so what? Personally, I don't see the allegory as being exclusively gay. It speaks to anyone who stands apart from society. Perhaps you're poor, but your neighbors are wealthy. Perhaps your not very smart, but all your friends are college graduates. Alternatively, you could be so smart, that people shun you, because you make them feel stupid. The allegory speaks to everyone, not just gay people. And the cure does build upon this. Remember the scene where Rogue is excited about being cured? Enraged, Storm declares there's nothing wrong with her nor anyone else.

It jammed Magneto's anti-human war story in for no particular reason other than "oh yeah, we forgot about the first two movies doing that!"
Jammed? If someone's got the cure to mutation, do you really think Magneto is not going to show up? If anything would draw his attention, it's the cure.

It pointlessly killed off major characters....I have no problem with character deaths, but for when they happen for no reason at all (including Cyclops off-screen) :rolleyes:
What pointless character deaths? The only deaths I can remember are Cyclops, Xavior, and Jean. The death of Cyclops was ambiguous. It's implied, but a body was never found, and we didn't see him die. Xavior's death was there to foreshadow what the Phoenix was capable of. Jean's death was... well... how else would you have stopped the Phoenix?

Rogue ceased to be an actual character with a story of her own, and was instead relegated to being a lovesick puppy with no mind of her own
I'm totally with you. This was my biggest problem with the film.

Magneto's revolt was cumbersome and moronic. Rather than the deceptive, subtle, genius villain we'd gotten to know in the first two movies....he tears up the Golden Gate Bridge for no apparent reason.
He has every reason to tear up and move the bridge; it's to show his full power, scare the humans into submission, and provide a means for reinforcements to come to the island.

Like the Phoenix, the character was changed to suit the movie.

No. This movie was a disaster from beginning to end, a waste of $210m, a waste of 90 minutes, and a waste of everyone involved's time. Every last copy of this movie deserves to be dumped into vats of manure (its own kind) and then shot into the sun, before all traces of it are erased from human memory.
Disaster, waste of money and time? First off, it was 104 minutes, not 90. A lot can happen in 14 minutes. Second, the movie was one of the most successful films of 2006 and the most successful in the series (before Wolverine and First Class). You may wish to have every copy of the movie destroyed, but there are a lot of people who enjoy the movie. If you don't like it, that's cool. We can debate the pros and cons, or just the cons if you prefer. However, if other people like the movie... get over it.

DigiFluid
June 4th, 2011, 12:35 PM
You asked the question. Don't act surprised when someone tells you everything that was wrong with this steaming pile of a movie.

Snowman37
June 4th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I'm not surprised, I simply disagreed and argued against. It seems to me you are unable or unwilling to continue the argument. Interesting.

Admiral Mappalazarou
June 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM
More a discussion than an argument really.

Ukko
June 4th, 2011, 12:59 PM
More a discussion than an argument really.

The film is on in a bit.:D

chrono trigger
June 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM
personally i liked it but then i dont follow the comics so i dont know about things they might have messed up.

jelgate
June 4th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Its a summer movie like most superhero movies is all about action and special effects. I don't get the comic comparassion. Most of them are contradicted by the comics all the time. I will admit the overuse of Wolverine but that is a problem with all the movies

JanineGrant2
June 4th, 2011, 01:54 PM
my only real problem with the film was the Phoenix story. That was an awful way to bring in Phoenix. Jean Grey (according to the comic) is supposed to be in a coma-ish state of some sort while the phoenix force takes over

Puddle-Jumper
June 4th, 2011, 02:31 PM
"I'm the Juggernaut, b*tch!" Pardon me while I go vomit.

this, im especially angry at this movie after seeing how awesome first class was...

J-Whitt Remastered
June 4th, 2011, 04:14 PM
my only real problem with the film was the Phoenix story. That was an awful way to bring in Phoenix. Jean Grey (according to the comic) is supposed to be in a coma-ish state of some sort while the phoenix force takes over

This was my major problem with the movie. I never really followed the comics myself, but I remember watching the cartoon as a kid and hated that Dark Phoenix was dumbed down so much. All the points that DigiFluid made are good reasons to not like the movie too.

Snowman37
June 4th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Jean Grey (according to the comic) is supposed to be in a coma-ish state of some sort while the phoenix force takes over
Brett Ratner found the phoenix force too cartoony, so he brought it down to Earth by simply making the Phoenix an alternate personality of Jean Grey. Effectively, the Phoenix as presented in the film is merely the dark side of Jean Grey. Personally, I prefer this over cosmic supernatural entities.

P-90_177
June 4th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I was never a big fan of the first 3 x-men movies to begin with. The second one was good. But I good take or leave the first and I really wish they had done the third much better. It was thouroughly dissapointing to me given all the hype surrounding it. Then again I'm not a huge X-Men fan. It seems to me though that the biggest focus should have been the battle of wits between Xavier and Magneto who then moved the X-Men and the Brootherhood like pieces in a chess game. This never happend though. Instead we got Magneto hatching huge mega evil plan and the x-men going in to stop him. There was no subtlty to any of it.

I enjoyed Wolverine Origins mainly because you went into it knowing exactly what you were about to see. A two hour mindless action movie with Hugh Jackman which frankly was pretty damn awesome.

I've yet to see First Class but I am quite looking forward to it. It seems like it might just give the franchise a little bit of intelligence and logic in my own mind.

The saving grace for X-Men is that it was made before Superhero movies found their footing. So far they just seem to be picking up and getting better and better as the producers learn what people want. So hopefully as they learn more and more any future X-Men films will get better.

In the mean time I just look forward to the final batman film, the next superman movie and the rest of the Avengers saga of marvel movies in terms of Superhero flicks.

Puddle-Jumper
June 4th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Brett Ratner found the phoenix force too cartoony, so he brought it down to Earth by simply making the Phoenix an alternate personality of Jean Grey. Effectively, the Phoenix as presented in the film is merely the dark side of Jean Grey. Personally, I prefer this over cosmic supernatural entities.

I never had any problem with that, cept that the phoenix has a character was badly written, she had about 4 lines of dialogue in the entire movie and it was just ohh shes evil! I also hated cyclops just dying off screen like that, not to mention the Rogue thing.. its like all of us here dying to get superpowers and that ***** just throws them away like last nights dinner

P-90_177
June 5th, 2011, 05:10 AM
I never had any problem with that, cept that the phoenix has a character was badly written, she had about 4 lines of dialogue in the entire movie and it was just ohh shes evil! I also hated cyclops just dying off screen like that, not to mention the Rogue thing.. its like all of us here dying to get superpowers and that ***** just throws them away like last nights dinner

Admitedly as super powers go Rogue had a pretty crappy one.

SaberBlade
June 5th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Admitedly as super powers go Rogue had a pretty crappy one.

I think Rogue has the best powers of the X-Men, unfortunately she got screwed by not being able to control it. In the movie, Rogue had a legitimate reason for wanting to take the cure. She couldn't touch anyone. It's bad that Rogue seemed to want to lose her powers because of her relationship with Iceman, rather than just being able to interact with people normally. Rather than being a character tormented by her inability to do casual things with friends without risking hurting them, they focused on her and Iceman wanting to get jiggy with it.

nx01a
June 5th, 2011, 10:44 AM
'Jiggy with it'. Wow. I haven't heard that since 2008. :P

I liked the 'Phoenix as Jean's repressed id' concept, but the execution was like a lethal injection in movie form.

SaberBlade
June 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM
'Jiggy with it'. Wow. I haven't heard that since 2008. :P

I liked the 'Phoenix as Jean's repressed id' concept, but the execution was like a lethal injection in movie form.

I try not to keep up with current lingo, otherwise id b tipin lyk dis an wud ned to kil myslf.

I don't like the idea of Phoenix being a repressed personality. Makes the character seem like a psycho. Personally I'd have liked Jean to just be so powerful she couldn't control herself. That would be more believable to me, rather than giving a character we'd seen in two movies into a skitzo.

DigiFluid
June 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I try not to keep up with current lingo, otherwise id b tipin lyk dis an wud ned to kil myslf.

I don't like the idea of Phoenix being a repressed personality. Makes the character seem like a psycho. Personally I'd have liked Jean to just be so powerful she couldn't control herself. That would be more believable to me, rather than giving a character we'd seen in two movies into a skitzo.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3801/picardfacepalmx.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/picardfacepalmx.jpg/)

Galileo_Galilee
June 5th, 2011, 02:10 PM
It was actually Wolverine 3 and not the X-Men three.

But I was really surprised that Kelsey Grammer played the Beast. I thought he was an excellent pick for that role and thoroughly that it was the best match for Hank McCoy.

And the Juggernaut wasn't a mutant in the X-Men comics. He was magically altered by that mystic gem.

Unless they revamped him lately.

Plus, I wanted to see the fight against the Shiar on the moon, not this poor bastardization of the Phoenix.

nx01a
June 5th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Introducing aliens and cosmic entities would really have been too much. The Phoenix is all about fire and life and experience, so it being Jean's subconscious or whatever made perfect sense in terms of grounding it in a way that The Dark Phoenix Saga as originally written simply couldn't do on the big screen. It's one of the few aspects of the movie that I actually liked, much like replacing a home-grown Cthulhu with Dr. Manhattan as the supposed Big Bad in the movie version of Watchmen.

SaberBlade
June 5th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Introducing aliens and cosmic entities would really have been too much. The Phoenix is all about fire and life and experience, so it being Jean's subconscious or whatever made perfect sense in terms of grounding it in a way that The Dark Phoenix Saga as originally written simply couldn't do on the big screen. It's one of the few aspects of the movie that I actually liked, much like replacing a home-grown Cthulhu with Dr. Manhattan as the supposed Big Bad in the movie version of Watchmen.

Phoenix wasn't Jean's subconscious though, it was a second and separate personality that Xavier had just buried (that's how I remember it). I completely agree that aliens and cosmic entities would have been too much, so I would rather have her subconscious acting out, or even better to have another telepath screw with her mind, but instead she was more an evil twin.

MIZA
June 5th, 2011, 11:26 PM
wait are you talking about the new X-MEN or the third one the last stand

SaberBlade
June 6th, 2011, 01:48 AM
wait are you talking about the new X-MEN or the third one the last stand

Last Stand, as it's X-Men 3.

Snowman37
June 6th, 2011, 09:13 AM
2000: X-Men
2003: X2: X-Men United
2006: X-Men: The Last Stand
2009: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
2011: X-Men: First Class

X-Men 3 is in reference to The Last Stand.

Replicator Todd
June 6th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I don't like X3 too much at all. I love the X-Men, I call myself a X-Fan, both on and off screen. I loved the first two films and even Wolverine(hope to see First Class soon).

But I found X3 to be a very messy film and not at the same level or tone as the previous films. It almost seemed like it took place in a alternate universe or something. Kinda like alot of the continuity from the first two had been lost. The actors did a good job but alot of the characters seemed....out of place?

Ellen Paige was a great Kitty Pryde though IMO. And Storm seemed to get some more focus(would of loved to see her as the lead X-Man in a fourth film). I liked Beast as a political man pushing for Mutant rights n' stuff. The music was great. And the Danger Room opening was fantastic.

But killing off Cyclops, Xavier, AND Jean Grey?! WHAAAAAT?! Cyclops, who is supposed to be the team leader of the X-Men(not Wolverine). Xavier kinda seemed like he was not the same Xavier we grew to know in the first films and Jean Grey...who...well....her death was more acceptable than the other two but I think she comes back all the time in the comics. Its been a while. And what happened with Rouge and Mystique along with the whole cure thing made me frown big time.

I do enjoy watching it from time to time, but it is definitely the worst X film out there. I wish Bryan Singer got to do this one too. :(

Snowman37
June 6th, 2011, 10:18 AM
It almost seemed like it took place in a alternate universe or something. Kinda like alot of the continuity from the first two had been lost.
What do you mean?

Ellen Paige was a great Kitty Pryde though IMO. And Storm seemed to get some more focus(would of loved to see her as the lead X-Man in a fourth film). I liked Beast as a political man pushing for Mutant rights n' stuff. The music was great. And the Danger Room opening was fantastic.
Agreed! If there is a fourth movie, I'd imagine Wolverine would succeed Cyclops as team leader with Storm succeeding Xavior as school administrator.

But killing off Cyclops, Xavier, AND Jean Grey?! WHAAAAAT?! Cyclops, who is supposed to be the team leader of the X-Men(not Wolverine). Xavier kinda seemed like he was not the same Xavier we grew to know in the first films and Jean Grey...who...well....her death was more acceptable than the other two but I think she comes back all the time in the comics. Its been a while. And what happened with Rouge and Mystique along with the whole cure thing made me frown big time.
Well, the movie is called The Last Stand. The death of Cyclops was to cover the actor's unavailability. However, the fact that we don't see him die was probably a back door for Cyclops to return in a later movie. What really happened to him? We really don't know, his death is presumed. As for Cyclops being team leader, he was in the first movie. He was again in the second movie, though he spent most of the film kidnapped by Stryker. Really, if you want to accuse a movie of not utilizing Cyclops, blame X2. The actor was available, and he mostly just bookends the film. You can't blame X3, the actor had limited time to appear. What do you mean as to Xavior not being like himself from earlier films? He seemed the same to me. If you're referring to his darker side in how he was dealing with Jean Grey, well... that's the whole point. This was to be a dark film, showcasing the Phoenix. Naturally, that would mean a darker side of Xavior as well. As for his death... that was largely to show just how dangerous she is. Xavior was the only one who could control the Phoenix, and she finally grew strong enough to kill him. With Xavior gone, how on Earth do you stop the Phoenix??? His death served a purpose to showcase the Phoenix's true power and that it will kill anyone. As for the death of Jean... in this movie, it was revealed that she did not die in X2, she merely survived via a psychic cacoon of some kind as theorized by Xavior. Her death at the end of this film is her one and only death in the series. I didn't mind Mystique being cured, it showed how cold and merciless Magneto can be. His long time associate and best friend gets cured, and he just walks away. Horrible. With Mystique cured, Pyro filled in as Magneto's new right hand man. As for Rogue... I agree. I get why she left to be cured, her power is absorbing the life force of others. However, there were touching someone briefly aided her. Touching Wolverine in the first movie saved her life. Touching Pyro in the second movie saved the police officers. Imagine what she could have done in the third movie's final battle. Ultimately, the third film had too many characters, and I think this was the best the writers could do with Rogue. Still, I liked the alternate ending scene where she returns and didn't take the cure. That should have been kept in the film.

Replicator Todd
June 6th, 2011, 11:14 AM
What do you mean?
Well, I thought some of the characters seemed different than their previous films and the whole world seemed....different. Of course it take places in the same world but it just felt alot different to me.

Agreed! If there is a fourth movie, I'd imagine Wolverine would succeed Cyclops as team leader with Storm succeeding Xavior as school administrator.
Would be neat! Its what I have hoped for. (I know some people think the films have too much Wolverine but who else could replace Cyclops in the movie continuity?)

The death of Cyclops was to cover the actor's unavailability. However, the fact that we don't see him die was probably a back door for Cyclops to return in a later movie. What really happened to him? We really don't know, his death is presumed.
Ah, thats very true. It would be great to have Cyclops return. But Phoenix was so crazy its hard for me to believe he isn't dead. :p

As for Cyclops being team leader, he was in the first movie. He was again in the second movie, though he spent most of the film kidnapped by Stryker. Really, if you want to accuse a movie of not utilizing Cyclops, blame X2. The actor was available, and he mostly just bookends the film. You can't blame X3, the actor had limited time to appear. Well I don't necessarily blame X3, just Wolverine's high popularity. :p

What do you mean as to Xavior not being like himself from earlier films? I just was a little surprised of Xavier suppressing the mind of another. Didn't fit with the comics counterpart or the character represented in the past films. Xavier taught people how to control and use their abilities, not hide them away.
This was to be a dark film, showcasing the Phoenix. I didn't think it was dark, just messy. :p
As for his death... that was largely to show just how dangerous she is. I think if she killed Wolverine it would of been a much better showcase of how dangerous she was.
With Xavior gone, how on Earth do you stop the Phoenix??? With the invincible Wolverine of course! :p
As for the death of Jean... in this movie, it was revealed that she did not die in X2 To me it was revealed in X2 that she DID die and at the end she was reborn as the Phoenix.
I didn't mind Mystique being cured, it showed how cold and merciless Magneto can be. But I already knew about Magneto. The past films did a good job of showing that he is cold.
With Mystique cured, Pyro filled in as Magneto's new right hand man.
Yeah, I never found Pyro very menacing though. :p

As for Rogue... I agree. I get why she left to be cured, her power is absorbing the life force of others.
I understand why she left as well but I found it unnecessary, the focus should of been the Phoenix story only IMO and not this silly cure storyline.

Ultimately, the third film had too many characters,

Yup! Exactly. :D

That should have been kept in the film.

I think this film needed alot of things kept in or changed. :p

magictrick
June 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
The movie was poorly written and rushed. End of story.

I have no problem with character deaths, as long as they are handled properly. Killing Cyclops off screen is a big no-no. I understand it was due to the actor being unavailable but still, not very good. The Xavier "death" (the bonus segment during the credits) was ok and Jean's death was expected. Everything else was way too messy though.

Snowman37
June 6th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I think seeing Scott die would have been giving too much away too soon.

magictrick
June 6th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I think seeing Scott die would have been giving too much away too soon.

Ya I know what they were trying to do and that is leave it open ended if there's a fourth movie they can find a way to bring him back. But for the movie itself as a standalone it wasn't good. Plus there's no guarantee there will be another movie.

Snowman37
June 6th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I didn't say anything about leaving his death ambiguous for fourth movie in the post you quoted. I simply said that given his death was early on, the director probably didn't want to reveal too much too soon. All we see is his face ripple, then Xavior immediately sends his X-Men team to the lake. Once there, they find Jean and Cyclops's glasses, but that's it. We don't know what truly happened until Wolverine confronts Jean. By not seeing the death of Cyclops, Xavior's death has greater emotional weight. Given that Xavior had a larger role than Cyclops in this movie, it made sense.

MIZA
June 7th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Last Stand, as it's X-Men 3.

oh yes that was awful , everybody dies !!, what the heck ?! well that is why I didn't like

MIZA
June 7th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Than they just keep making prequals , I mean they are good, but I wish they would at least resolve the story line from the last stand !?

Snowman37
June 7th, 2011, 01:39 PM
everybody dies !!, what the heck ?!
Of the X-Men, only three people died: Cyclops, Xavior, and Jean Grey. I'd hardly call that everyone. Besides, it's the movie featuring the Phoenix. What did you expect? :S

Than they just keep making prequals , I mean they are good, but I wish they would at least resolve the story line from the last stand !?
There's plans to do a sequel to First Class, a sequel to Wolverine, and X-Men 4.

boo1234
June 8th, 2011, 07:27 AM
the final battle was stupid and unnecessary. Magneto could have just landed the bridge on the facility and be done with it. No need for all the deaths and "curing."

Snowman37
June 8th, 2011, 08:48 AM
It does make you wonder. So much metal, why not just flatten the facility?

Laxian of Earth
June 12th, 2011, 04:05 PM
or - like i already said - steal a bomber or something (we know that some of magnetos people can handle helicopters, so it is not a stretch to imagine they can fly jets) or hijack a navy ship (this is a harbour for christ sake) and fire a cruise missile at the facility :) (then they would have been sorry to "have lost" cyclops (he might have been able to shoot the missile down)

well still not that good a movie (i don't really hate it, but it could have been done better :)

greetings LAX