Dr. Peter Grodin Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Peter Grodin Appreciation Thread

This thread includes SPOILERS for "The Siege, Part One." Since the entire content of this thread is likely to be a spoiler, it would be cumbersome to use spoiler tags.

In this thread we remember Dr. Peter Grodin, who selflessly gave his life in the defense of his friends. May he never be forgotten, and may his sacrifice not be in vain.

If you wish to express your sadness in your signature or in a post, feel free to copy and paste a picture of Peter Grodin that links to this thread. Here is the code...just remove the three (3) asterisks (*).

[*URL="*http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=293698"][*IMG]http://img181.exs.cx/img181/6013/grodingate1bu.gif[/IMG][/URL]

The end result will look like this:
    Last edited by Major Tyler; 25 January 2005, 09:09 PM.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Wow, no one appreciates Grodin? Sad. Hopefully it's just people avoiding spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      Wow, no one appreciates Grodin? Sad. Hopefully it's just people avoiding spoilers.

I do, it was funny and sad, earlier in Seige Part 1 I was telling a friend of mine who is was watching it with how much i like his character and then....he died

<3 for Dr. Grodin.

Comment

ya we liked Peter, he was cool, one of thos Extras from the First episode u will always remember, =( we liked him.

<3 for Peter

Comment

In Memory of Peter Grodin

Death came quickly
          While others waited patiently
          The seconds seemed like years
          But there was no time for tears
          In a flash all was gone
          Hence all your days since you were born
          Are now but memories of a world in jeopardy

A scholar, called to adventure
          Entangled in situations beyond the mind's realm
          The path you trod was all too new
          And now one journey's come to an end.

We who are left weep for him who is no more
          Atlantis farewells him who gave his life
          Colleague, comrade and recent kin
          The man who was Dr Peter Grodin.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            In Memory of Peter Grodin

Death came quickly
            While others waited patiently
            The seconds seemed like years
            But there was no time for tears
            In a flash all was gone
            Hence all your days since you were born
            Are now but memories of a world in jeopardy

A scholar, called to adventure
            Entangled in situations beyond the mind's realm
            The path you trod was all too new
            And now one journey's come to an end.

We who are left weep for him who is no more
            Atlantis farewells him who gave his life
            Colleague, comrade and recent kin
            The man who was Dr Peter Grodin.

*cries again*

I loved Grodin...I'm so upset

Comment

Well I love Grodin but we shouldn't give up hope just yet.
              I'm certainly not.
              I posted a question about Grodin's future up to the Ask Joe thread.

Just because Grodin's last known place to be was obliterated doesn't mean he's dead.
              Come on, this is scifi we're talking about.

There are as I see it so far 9 possibilities.

1. He's dead, he blew up - end of story - bit of angst
              2. Someone helped him ascend - though I find that option a bit cheap and don't want to see it - rather have him dead than that be used.

The next 3 are based on what if the Wraith 'culled' the station - I admit its unlikely and I would have to look back and see if there is any evidence in the special effects in the scene to show any beaming off. But should that have happened I see three possible outcomes.
              3. He's a tasty snack for them.
              4. He ends up being experimented on much like the rumours for another character and appears in later seasons.
              5. Considering the Wraith might know that Bob, their spy on Atlantis is dead, they might keep and interrogate Grodin. Obviously if he was kept on the hive ship and if those got destroyed in the seige then he's die there instead of where they all think he did, but if somehow he remained with the Wraith I could well see them using him to gain the advantage against humans, to learn of the technology etc once they realise the human threat is a bit more serious - all presuming that everyone on Atlantis wins the fight of course.

6. There was alifepod Grodin got to. He does know the systems well and maybe he looked it up and got to it in the nick of time - and it might have got missed in the explosion and debris. If it got hit by debris and he was unconscious then that would explain why he didn't radio to say he was still alive.

7. If the station had some odd portected thing like a lifepod - with everything but that core bit being obliterated and it just looking like a large enough part to be big bit of debris (there did seem to be some large chunks afterwards too)

8. Back to what if he found something on the schematics - maybe there's a transporter down to a base on that planet nearby. Hard to believe since they never mentioned anything Atlantean on the planet in The Defiant One, only that damaged Wraith ship.

9. Same as above, but maybe to another station like that or a different safe planet?

I know some are far fetched but I think they aren't all so. The one i'd most like to see done would be 5.
              Last edited by Purpleyin; 26 January 2005, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I am very, very sad.

Was just starting to really like Peter - hoping TPTB can resurrect him somehow. *crossing fingers*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I still like the "beaming into the back of the PJ" theory. I'm sure the satelite has a transporter, and maybe he beamed himself into the PJ's rear compartment and got knocked out. Rodney and Miller wouldn't even nothice until they went back there.

I know, I know...wishful thinking.

Good bye, Peter.

P.S. Thanks for another beautiful poem, EasterLily

Comment

Oh, i have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more of Peter. He'll be back.

Comment

I don't what to say apart from the fact I am very annoyed at TPTB. *sniff* First
                      Spoiler:
                      Markham in the Brotherhood
                      and now Grodin.
                      Spoiler:
                      And Bates comatose!
                      Are TPTB on a warpath with my favourite minor characters or something???
                      ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

I was so shocked when I watched the seige. I had no idea that was going to happen. But it was a good episode.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                        Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          Well I love Grodin but we shouldn't give up hope just yet.
                          I'm certainly not. I posted a question about Grodin's future up to the Ask Joe thread. Just because Grodin's last known place to be was obliterated doesn't mean he's dead.
                          Come on, this is scifi we're talking about.

I hope you're right... but I don't want Days of Lives stuff though... I tend to go for the alternate timeline theory one myself.
                          From where I was looking, the weapons platform blew up very thoroughly which is not to say that he didn't find some kind of last minute escape route... but I didn't think he had that much time. As for killing off minor characters, I seem to remember a certain Maj Kowalsky from SG1 making his exit very early on...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'm rather more hopeful grodin is alive after rewatching the explosiion frame by frame.
                            there's an odd bit of debris that comes off at slighlty iffy trajectory - at first I wondered if it was a dart - though that seems foolish for wraith to do when also firing on the ting. rewatching it appears its part of the satellite - at the side that sort of detaches/undocks and moves away.

I could just be debris but it moves across screen deliberately away into ur view, like its filling the corner - meant for us to see?

I thought i might be imagining it but a friend rewatched it and agrees it looks to be moving faster than the other debris and looks too shiny and pointy for a dart but like part of the the satelite.

They also pointed out they were expecting a much large explosion considering theres a naquadah generator on board the satelite - since the explosion from one in hotzone was quite big.
                            That might point to the bit they docked to being the same bit that might be detaching - and if so likely to have both Grodin and the generator on - explains the odd debris and the lack of big explosion.

Far fetched I know but not impossible. I really hope this might be becasue I want the character back and he was listed as being in part 2 on imdb.

Here's a rather unclear screen cap I got of it as it moves away - couldn't get any better unfortunately.
                            http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/1..._whatsthis.JPG

Comment

I hope you're right, Purpleyin.

Comment

Working...
                              X