This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Satellite Images

A friend told me he found a website that let you view images from satellites no longer in use. He said the service was free but he was never able to find it again. Has anyone else heard about it.
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

nope, sounds like a nifty service though.
    http://bickenland.lonaf.com/phpBB2/index.php

This is a sig, have a nice day.

Comment

i used http://www.terrafly.com/
      to get this image of my neighborhood a few min ago.
      Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
      Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

thats cool.

any chance of a site that works over the UK?

sigpic

Comment

Hey, I can see my house from here!!

sorry, someone had to say it.
          So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
          And we never even know we have the key.
          Already Gone---------
          The Eagles-----------

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
            i used http://www.terrafly.com/
            to get this image of my neighborhood a few min ago.
            I just looked at my neighborhood and most of the pics are at least 6 years old. Even downtown Richmond, VA (I live outside of it) are just about as old.
            If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

holy crap... that is cool!
              Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

For £29 from WHSmith online I got a satelite photo of my parents' house as a jigsaw.

Madeleine

Comment

i looked up my house and they gave me a piece of a road map
                  MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                  I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
                    i looked up my house and they gave me a piece of a road map
                    yeah that isn't the photo that happened to me too but after i got the picture.
                    Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
                      A friend told me he found a website that let you view images from satellites no longer in use. He said the service was free but he was never able to find it again. Has anyone else heard about it.
                      There's always Microsoft's Terraserver (US Only): http://terraserver.microsoft.com/

Pretty good pictures and allows you to zoom on but the imagery is at least a few years old & not all areas are covered.
                      A top-secret government program involving instantaneous travel to other solar systems by means of a device known as a stargate. (Marty)
                      Sounds like a good idea for a TV show - if you're into that sort of thing. (O'Neill)

Comment

Working...
                      X