This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay:Like Him Or Not?

I personally adore McKay and his portrayer, Hewlett. I have seen him in one of his SG-1 episodes, and even then I liked him. I am more than thrilled he made it into Atlantis, even more so that he is a main cast member and not just an extra like Grodin & Zelenka ( I always remember the name =P).

However, *gasp*, some people find him incredibly annoying. My friend Dojima wishes they would kill him off and give Aiden Ford his spot, since he gets much more attention.

So what does everyone else think?

BTW, I had a litter of cats over the week and Rodney is the cutest ^^, he even seems to have McKays inquisivtive yet obnoxious attitude
    RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He called Carter a dumb blonde. That scarred my opinion of him for life.

But I'd like the kitty version.
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I am a major McShep slasher, and he and John are always toghether playing ^^!

He's so my favorite out of them =P

Comment

Hated Mckay in SG-1..... well disliked anyway, but watching him in Atlantis has really made me change my mind on him. He's actually probably my favourite character on the show... if not my best definatly top tier.
        Abyss:

"Damn straight! I'd have busted you out, blown this rat hole to hell and made sure that sonofabitch suffered!"

"The Others would've stopped you."

"They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands."

"You wouldn't do that," Daniel tells him, shaking his head.

"Ba'al would be dead--"

"Jack--"

"And don't think I'd stop there!!"

"You're a better man than that," Daniel says calmly.

"That's where you're wrong!!"

Comment

love him! He's great! I can't believe i didn't notice him in SG1! A bit of prompting, and i can remember him! But he really shines on Atlantis. He's multi-layered, and arrogant, geeky, but he's hiding a lot of his inner character. I absolutely love the "i'm with genius" t-shirt!

And david hewlett is brilliant! the facial expressions make mckay a really convincing character!

Killing off McKay would be a sin! He makes me laugh! Childhood's end and sanctuary are great McKay episodes.

Comment

You know, I am starting to wish I didn't leave London, then I would be able to see all these episodes ahead of time

Comment

McKay is such a great character, in my opinion he is the best character not just in Atlantis but in the entire Stargate series. However I can't even rember what he was like in his SG-1 appearence.

Comment

Ditto, I just cannot wait until season one comes out on DVD.

I just got into the habit, mainly being Friends, Will & Grace, and SG-1, but I pray for SGA soon ><

Comment

I've seen episodes 1-18 of SG:A and I have to admit, McKay annoyed me for about the first 3-4 episodes. Then it clicked and I've liked him ever since.

Comment

i wasn't a huge fan of him in sg1, since he almost killed Teal'c but he was better in Redemption and he is awesome in sga

Comment

haha ya Dr Mckay is so cool, I loved him even in SG1, he had alittle Funny spark which was so cool, especially when he starts hitting on Carter lmao!.

Him in Atlantis is soo Cool haha, his funny as well, gives Atlantis a Funny spark like sg1 has with O'neill hehe.

We lub Mckay his cool! =D

Lunera, u said u left London? so u couldn't see them before hand? u mean u went some where with out sky? hehe

Comment

His synical attitude makes the show! Everyone laughs at McKay because he is just a big baby, while aswell has an ego larger than Sokar's moon! Awesome character.

Comment

Hey, England has crummy food, no denying that.

Not a single pacsun either

The only good thing is that boyfriend I picked up along the way Scottish accents rock

Comment

haha, foods ok, I just love English Breakfast =D

Comment

Of course.
                              I did see him in Atlantis before SG1 but watching even his 'dumb blonde' comment moment he's still soo great. I liked the sparkage between him and Carter, you barely ever see her so antagonised - gives her an extra side.

And David is such a great actor - he has great lines (love the snark and the touching bits) and does the best delivery of them. He acts with everything he's got, his face, his eyes, whole body language - making McKay sooo great to watch.

I agree he's a sarcastic sometimes mean, cutting arrogant guy but he's also very vulnerable, heroic when it really matters, ulitmately alot better man than anyone believes he is including himself.

Its great to have such a realistic character on the show - he's definitely £D character because he isn't the gungho hero, the stuff he does he does despite his fear and that makes it meaningful.

If they killed him off I'd be amazingly sad - just shouldn't ever happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X