Unsatisfied and displeased about SGU´s prematurely end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsatisfied and displeased about SGU´s prematurely end

Who else here feels still a huge portion of disappointment that SGU will not even get a movie?

I know that some people here say, move on, it´s just a TV show bla,bla,bla...

But it was more than that, Stargate was a big part of my life and a good one. Chatting with fans, getting new infos about the ongoing Seasons and all the other excitement and fun distraction from the daily routine is gone just like that! Nobody can give us a bit hope for continuation and a reboot is a no go for me when not even SGU is getting a end that the show and the fans really deserved.

SyFy messed up, MGM not even care enough to say anything, TPTB and most of the actors have moved on and fans get left hanging in the cold.

I need a novel, comic, mini series, movie or something else to hold my hopes up. And not something completely new that may even ignore everything that was before.

The whole situation sucks BIG TIME!
    I like to free my anger here a bit, it´s more therapeutic than suffer quietly.
    sigpic

I can appreciate you are disappointed that SGU is over. Many of us are disappointed that SG is over.

Comment

You are so NOT alone! It is frustrating. I think the most frustrating aspect is the replacement shows. Or maybe the cliff hanger at the end with Eli. This franchise could have gone on forever! This website is a representation of the allegiance for the shows. It is just a show, but classic movies are just movies, and paintings in a museum are just paintings. I'm not sure if anyone has read the new Michio Kaku book "Physics of the Future" but this book is a confirmation of the reality of sci fi. Art offers a door out of reality, or a way to deal and reflect upon reality and also how to understand it more. With Sci fi, it opens doors to an imaginative future. I think Stargate is a reflection of this. I feel you!
      sigpic
      Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
      "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      etc.....

Comment

It's a terrible shame that we will never get to see what that 5 year arc was going to be, and that so many of the threads set up in this season will never see an end.
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

There are already several other threads on this same subject.

Comment

I can live without the characters. Following them for two seasons was a wonderful experience I'll keep with me forever. But what kills me the most is that we were exploring the universe in the most far-out space-faring show that's ever hit a network and they stopped us right in our tracks. I want to see more of what's out there more than anything. I want to see more barren wasteland planets with space aliens on them. I'm sure we would have seen some crazy planets. Like one of the gates would be underwater and they'd have to use the suits to go through. Etcetera.

You can't really blame the actors. Most of them are taking it as hard as us, maybe even harder. However, feel free to blame TPTB. The reason a movie didn't get made is because the producers couldn't come up with enough money in time.

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
              Who else here feels still a huge portion of disappointment that SGU will not even get a movie?
              I didn't watch the show, but I've liked a show that ended on a cliffhanger after two seasons. I understand the frustration.

I know that some people here say, move on, it´s just a TV show bla,bla,bla...
              Count me in as someone who will say that. There's more to life than TV.

But it was more than that, Stargate was a big part of my life and a good one. Chatting with fans, getting new infos about the ongoing Seasons and all the other excitement and fun distraction from the daily routine is gone just like that! Nobody can give us a bit hope for continuation and a reboot is a no go for me when not even SGU is getting a end that the show and the fans really deserved.
              All of this reboot talk is laughable. Everyone is convinced that it will happen, just because some franchises have done so. Here's a thought. Wait until MGM makes an announcement. Until then, it's not going to return, it's not going to reboot, it's not going to... anything. It's just over. If you miss the excitement of anticipating new episodes... hmm... Find a new show to watch? Sanctuary is good. As for a big part of your life having come to an end... that's life. I had two twin cats, Oreo and Indy. They were a big part of my life (at home). One froze to death in January, 2010. The other went missing in June, 2010. I will never see either of them again. I could mourn them endlessly (I still miss them) or I could move forward. I chose to move forward. Sometimes, you've got to let go of yesterday and march forward into tomorrow. Keep the good memories, but let go of living in the past.

SyFy messed up, MGM not even care enough to say anything, TPTB and most of the actors have moved on and fans get left hanging in the cold.
              Syfy made a business decision. MGM is too concerned with surviving bankruptcy to care what some fanatics think. The producers, writers, actors, and so on... they move on, because at the end of the day... it's just their job. They've got to stay employed, which means when SG ends... time to find new work. As for fans getting left hanging in the cold... eh... only if you choose to perceive it that way. SG-1 was wrapped up with two movies, Atlantis returned to Earth in the finale... that just leaves SGU unresolved. Shows get cancelled all the time without resolution. What makes SGU so special?

I need a novel, comic, mini series, movie or something else to hold my hopes up. And not something completely new that may even ignore everything that was before.
              What about your imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                IAll of this reboot talk is laughable.
                Why is it laughable? Even Brad Wright believes that at some point, whether he is a part of the franchise or not, that there will be more Stargate.

Everyone is convinced that it will happen, just because some franchises have done so. Here's a thought. Wait until MGM makes an announcement. Until then, it's not going to return, it's not going to reboot, it's not going to... anything. It's just over. If you miss the excitement of anticipating new episodes... hmm... Find a new show to watch? Sanctuary is good. As for a big part of your life having come to an end... that's life.
                MGM is still going to want to know that fans want to see more Stargate in the future. One way is for fans to keep talking about it and asking for it. The more they know there is an interest, the more they will consider bringing it back at some point.

So if fans want to talk about it, let them!

My only frustration with this is that a reboot means new characters and while I love to see new characters, I really want to see the old characters continue as well and not in secondary roles as most reboots do to the original characters.

And as for getting a new show...I watch a few now but for the most part, there's not much on TV that I care to watch so now I'm reading books! It works too!
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                  Why is it laughable? Even Brad Wright believes that at some point, whether he is a part of the franchise or not, that there will be more Stargate.
                  The paragraph you quoted below contains the answer to your question. Brad Wright believing there will be more Stargate has nothing to do with whether it will be rebooted or not.

MGM is still going to want to know that fans want to see more Stargate in the future. One way is for fans to keep talking about it and asking for it. The more they know there is an interest, the more they will consider bringing it back at some point. So if fans want to talk about it, let them!
                  I never said they couldn't talk about it.

My only frustration with this is that a reboot means new characters and while I love to see new characters, I really want to see the old characters continue as well and not in secondary roles as most reboots do to the original characters.
                  Who are you to say a reboot would mean new characters? If anything, it'd be a return to Jack O'Neill and Daniel Jackson.

And as for getting a new show...I watch a few now but for the most part, there's not much on TV that I care to watch so now I'm reading books! It works too!
                  I was about to suggest reading a good book. Have fun!

Comment

The paragraph you quoted below contains the answer to your question.
                    Hummm, not really but it doesn't matter as we are getting off topic.

Brad Wright believing there will be more Stargate has nothing to do with whether it will be rebooted or not.
                    Brad Wright believing is validation for fans to continue to ask for Stargate which was a direct response to your laughable comment, not as to whether Stargate WILL get rebooted or not.

I never said they couldn't talk about it.
                    Maybe not but when you post comments about a reboot being laughable, it makes one feel that they shouldn't be talking about it anymore. So it's probably just a matter of interpetation.

Who are you to say a reboot would mean new characters? If anything, it'd be a return to Jack O'Neill and Daniel Jackson.
                    I say it, because it is an opinion, not a fact , just like you stated it'd be a return to Jack O'Neill and Daniel Jackson which is an opinion and not a fact.

Maybe I should have been a bit clearer...IMO its either new characters or new actors playing the established characters, either way...it's mixed feelings for me.

Personally I think a reboot is going to be more on the SGU side of things as SGU seemed to be the most unfinished of all the shows

I was about to suggest reading a good book. Have fun!
                    Thanks. I will. It's good to get back to something that gives me much more choices with my imagination!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      Brad Wright believing is validation for fans to continue to ask for Stargate which was a direct response to your laughable comment, not as to whether Stargate WILL get rebooted or not.
                      You really should read more carefully. What I found laughable was people assuming SG will be rebooted, NOT that it would return.

Maybe not but when you post comments about a reboot being laughable, it makes one feel that they shouldn't be talking about it anymore.
                      It's not my fault if someone misinterprets what I say.

I say it, because it is an opinion, not a fact , just like you stated it'd be a return to Jack O'Neill and Daniel Jackson which is an opinion and not a fact.
                      Yes, but you didn't share an opinion, you made a declaration. Your exact words, "My only frustration with this is that a reboot means new characters..." That's a declaration. A reboot does not automatically mean new characters, it means returning to the beginning and starting over. This also means returning to the original set of characters.

Maybe I should have been a bit clearer...IMO its either new characters or new actors playing the established characters, either way...it's mixed feelings for me.
                      A reboot would likely mean retelling the discovery of the stargate all over again with Jack and Daniel played by new actors. It might mesh the original movie with the beginnings of SG-1 in a new way. Who knows? Ultimately, this is all speculation at best. MGM doesn't even know what it will do with SG. For all we know, the next production could be a fourth series in the SG-1/SGA/SGU world. It could be a reboot, it could be a remake of the original film, it could be a sequel to the original film... there's no way to know. It's all speculation.

Personally I think a reboot is going to be more on the SGU side of things as SGU seemed to be the most unfinished of all the shows
                      A reboot will likely ignore SGA and SGU and play out as a remake of SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        There are already several other threads on this same subject.
                        I see dead................................. horses.
                        Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

You really should read more carefully. What I found laughable was people assuming SG will berebooted, NOT that it would return.
                          You are still missing my point because it was about using the term 'laughable' which I don't agree with whether it's a reboot or return as both are plausible. It really just depends on how much time goes by. Personally I don't think a reboot will happen if Stargate returns somehow in the next few years...however if it goes a long period of time then it might be a reboot like Star Trek was.

It's not my fault if someone misinterprets what I say.
                          Never said it was, however that's why my following post acknowledge that we may be interpeting things differently.

Yes, but you didn't share an opinion, you made a declaration. Your exact words, "My only frustration with this is that a reboot means new characters..." That's a declaration.
                          Oh brother, seriously... it was an opinion of which I clarified in another post!

A reboot does not automatically mean new characters, it means returning to the beginning and starting over. This also means returning to the original set of characters. A reboot would likely mean retelling the discovery of the stargate all over again with Jack and Daniel played by new actors. It might mesh the original movie with the beginnings of SG-1 in a new way. Who knows? Ultimately, this is all speculation at best. MGM doesn't even know what it will do with SG. For all we know, the next production could be a fourth series in the SG-1/SGA/SGU world. It could be a reboot, it could be a remake of the original film, it could be a sequel to the original film... there's no way to know. It's all speculation.
                          All we know is that many believe that Stargate will be back, whether it's a new series, actually giving us more movies, finishing off SGU or going back to where it all began and starting over.

A reboot will likely ignore SGA and SGU and play out as a remake of SG-1.
                          That's open to interpetation and something we won't know until it happens.

And now to get back to the topic at hand which is SGU's premature end....

How could they have done it differently in the time that they had to write an ending? At least this leaves it open ended so that their journey can continue......
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley2012 View Post
                            You are so NOT alone! It is frustrating. I think the most frustrating aspect is the replacement shows. Or maybe the cliff hanger at the end with Eli. This franchise could have gone on forever! This website is a representation of the allegiance for the shows. It is just a show, but classic movies are just movies, and paintings in a museum are just paintings. I'm not sure if anyone has read the new Michio Kaku book "Physics of the Future" but this book is a confirmation of the reality of sci fi. Art offers a door out of reality, or a way to deal and reflect upon reality and also how to understand it more. With Sci fi, it opens doors to an imaginative future. I think Stargate is a reflection of this. I feel you!
                            ITA with you. Stargate open plenty of "what ifs". I'm going to miss SGU and the entire franchise.

Comment

To say the least.

Comment

Working...
                              X