X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P. Jeff Conaway

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...port-be-turned

Jeff Conaway’s Life Support To Be Turned Off

Jeff Conaway’s family has decided to turn off the actor’s life support machine, RadarOnline.com has learned.

The family, who has kept a vigil at the Los Angeles hospital where he has remained in a coma after being found unconscious at home, were told by doctors the star’s fight for life is over.

"Doctors advised the family that Jeff has had no brain function since he was brought into the hospital," a source close to the situation told RadarOnline.com.

"The feeding tube has already been removed. The ventilator which is breathing for Jeff, will be removed sometime this afternoon.”

Said the pal: “Jeff is in no pain whatsoever."

It's unknown how Conaway, 60, will cope when the machine is switched off.

"No measures will be made to try and revive him once the breathing tube is removed," the source said.

"Jeff has remained unconscious and is unaware of what is going on."

The former Taxi star was hospitalized on May 11 for what was though to be a prescription drug overdose.

Dr. Drew Pinsky, who treated Conaway on "Celebrity Rehab," later said the star of Grease, 60, was suffering from pneumonia and sepsis, a severe illness in which the bloodstream is overwhelmed by bacteria, and had slipped into a coma.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

rip

Comment

Ah... Just noticed this thread.

RIP
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

very sad.

he just couldn't fix his life... now i think he'll finally be at peace.

(((jeff)))
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Just noticed this. My heart goes out to his family at this time.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

This is indeed sad news.
            sigpic
            Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
            Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Very sad. Hopefully in death he's found the peace that he could never find in life.
              sigpic

Comment

I hope people realise that he's not actually dead yet. I'm hoping that he'll be able to live without the life support and recover. It's sad what has happened to him, but I still hope for the best.

sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping for the best too, but it doesn't look likely, particularly if he's had no brain activity since hospitalization.
                  sigpic

Comment

Rip
                    sigpic

Comment

Sad to see this!
                      sigpic

Comment

That sucks. My thoughts to his friends and family.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

So much for looking like he'll recover... such a shame...
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

as JMS has tweeted, he's not dead yet....although we are only waiting for his body to succumb. Unfortunately, it can take days or weeks for that to happen.

Best wishes for his family in this difficult time.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, especially if his ex is putting her oar in... What a tragedy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X