This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack O'Neill

General O'Neill showed up in the series premiere and a recurring role (3 episodes) in the third season. Would you have liked to O'Neill have a larger role?

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    General O'Neill showed up in the series premiere and a recurring role (3 episodes) in the third season. Would you have liked to O'Neill have a larger role?
    You can never have enough O'Neill, if he's with Woolsie then that's bonus points.
    Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

Quite the contrary. Atlantis connected back to Earth too soon which allowed for O'Neill to come over. What they should have done was asked Robert Patrick as Colonel Sumner to be the by the book yet kick ass starring character with Sheppherd playing his heroic and maverick like second in command.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

After having spent two years on The X Files, I doubt he'd have signed on. Robert Patrick is mostly a film actor. I was surprised The X Files got him to begin with.

Comment

As much as I like Jack O'Neill, SGU needed to be a show of it's own, without assistance from either of the previous two series.

And I really liked Robert Patrick on the X-Files; even better than Mulder.

Comment

I would have liked to see more of him in S4 and 5..

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              As much as I like Jack O'Neill, SGU needed to be a show of it's own, without assistance from either of the previous two series.
              Er... we're not talking about SGU. This is the Atlantis forum.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              I would have liked to see more of him in S4 and 5..
              Season 4: O'Neill could have been written into a number of episodes. He could have had a cameo in "Reunion" instead of Teal'c. He could have been written into "Miller's Crossing" which featured the SGC substantially. There's also "Outcast" where Sheppard tracks down a human-form replicator on Earth. What about "Midway" when the Wraith invade Earth? If they could only get RDA for one episode, this was it! Finally, "The Last Man." What if it were a hologram of General O'Neill or perhaps an older version of O'Neill briefing Sheppard? As it stands, he didn't need to show up this season, but I'd have liked to see him pop up in "Midway." Imagine he's visiting the SGC for X reason, then the Wraith show up, then Teal'c and Ronan show up. It could have been grand!

Season 5: There really aren't any episodes where RDA could have shown up as O'Neill. Only three come to mind: "Search and Rescue," "Vegas, "Enemy at the Gate." These episodes were pretty full, and Carter served as the big SG-1 character on the Earth in the finale, so... I just don't see him popping up this season.

Comment

As it stands, he didn't need to show up this season, but I'd have liked to see him pop up in "Midway." Imagine he's visiting the SGC for X reason, then the Wraith show up, then Teal'c and Ronan show up. It could have been grand!
                Way too much coincidence for my taste.

Anyway this is SGA and not SG. We have several underused characters in SGA, why not using them (e.g. Lorne, Cadman) instead of the ones of SG, which BTW ALREADY had their own series.
                Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

As much as I love Jack, I think small doses of the SG1 characters on Atlantis is enough. As Skie said above, there are enough underused folks on SGA already, use them more! I wasn't a big fan of Daniel taking such a big role on First Contact either. Although he's one of my favorites on SG1.
                  sigpic

Comment

O'Neill's definitely high on my favorite SG1-character list but like Skie says...

Originally posted by Skie View Post
                    Anyway this is SGA and not SG. We have several underused characters in SGA, why not using them (e.g. Lorne, Cadman) instead of the ones of SG, which BTW ALREADY had their own series.
                    The less of SG1 in SGA, the better... I was watching Atlantis for the Atlantis characters and settings, not to see another cameo from an SG1-character, not when there are SGA-peeps who were in desperate need of some well earned screentime.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i would have loved more o'neill especially in s4 when sam was on atlantis full time as it would have been nice to see them together.
                      sigpic
                      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

We're talking O'Neill, not the whole SG-1 cast showing up and taking over. I think ya'll are blowing things out of proportion. The only SG-1 character who had a significant role on SGA was Carter. Everyone else was a recurring role of about five or less episodes per character. Hardly an SG-1 invasion. As for focusing on characters such as Cadman and Lorne... eh... they were boring. SGA had a lot of great recurring characters. Cadman was good for a cheap laugh (the hiccup girl?). Lorne was good for leading a team when Sheppard wasn't present, but that's about it.

Comment

We're talking O'Neill, not the whole SG-1 cast showing up and taking over. I think ya'll are blowing things out of proportion. The only SG-1 character who had a significant role on SGA was Carter. Everyone else was a recurring role of about five or less episodes per character. Hardly an SG-1 invasion. As for focusing on characters such as Cadman and Lorne... eh... they were boring. SGA had a lot of great recurring characters. Cadman was good for a cheap laugh (the hiccup girl?). Lorne was good for leading a team when Sheppard wasn't present, but that's about it.
                          It doesn't matter - I'm watching SGA and I want to see the characters from that show do things, not SG1 transplants who are already developed and have oodles of backstory... AND are easier to write for. Instead of accepting the challenge they fall back on what they find easiest to write for.

Novak was the hiccup-girl and she was awesome - even though she too is an original SG1-character. Same with Lorne btw, and McKay.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sometimes, I feel like ya'll forget that Atlantis was directly spun off from SG-1. Guest appearances are inevitable.

Comment

Woolsie was an SG1 character although not a regular. I always liked Lorne. He was kind of like Ford 2.0
                              Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

Working...
                              X