X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty obvious

on what happens afterward.

Eli couldn't figure out **** so he died suffocating after the life support was turned off. the drones waited for a few weeks, realized the probability of meeting destiny dropping so they went back to all the gates destiny visited before in this galaxy, thereby killing all of destiny crew's alternative descendants, PLUS the blue aliens. Alas, they could not find destiny so they realized destiny must've gone to the next galaxy, so all they went, following destiny's path, unnoticed by the destiny crews. SGC contacts lucian alliance telling them 'no really, you can't dial in now. see? we're not doing it too', but of course no lucian alliance would believe that kind of gibberish. so they dialed and all suffocated. after the dialing event, drones picked up the hyperspace signal and more sure than ever they are on the right route. of course, by now destiny's FAR ahead of the drones, but nooo, the connection of the gate took out powers so now they gotta drift for couple of more years until they wake up in the next galaxy. by the time they wake up, there are piles of bodies scattered around the ship (including eli's), because while life support was off, so was artificial gravity generators! so bodies flied around the ships the whole time! just when they are like 'wtf's with all these lucian alliance bodies', drones showed up and destroyed destiny and of course by now they've realized they can just visit all the planets with gates just to kill civilizations more effectively. good job destiny.

The drones cant track destiny in FTL.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      The drones cant track destiny in FTL.
      No, but using the OP's theory, they can detect the gate activity when the LA gates in. Also, They have been shown to be able to calculate quite well Destiny's path with minimal information, so I can see where it's possible that they could deduce Destiny's route after a gate-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
        No, but using the OP's theory, they can detect the gate activity when the LA gates in. Also, They have been shown to be able to calculate quite well Destiny's path with minimal information, so I can see where it's possible that they could deduce Destiny's route after a gate-in.
        If Destyiny traveled far enough away before they dialed in, then the ship may be able to jump away before the drones arrive. Plus without life support active there may be a little extra power to fight them, but then again the crew would probably die due to lack of power.

Comment

I normally don't feed trolls but taking this seriously for just a second I have to put a point in:

I'd like to think of it as Destiny enters a new galaxy and it's over with the drones. You can only play out that type or storyline so long before it gets real old (see replicators).
          The way I look at it is: New galaxy, new problems/adventures/experiences/sights.

I think it's quite neat how SGU was setup for always having the ability to write new things into the show with one simple fact making it possible, going to a new galaxy. That creates ample opportunity to keep the show going forward, making it interesting. Of course that's not the only reason for that...others include things they touch on for an episode and then leave behind for a while, like they did the the blue aliens and the Ursini and Telford. I had a lot more examples but can't think of them right now.

I really have enjoyed how this show has so many possibilities and story elements that they can bring back. Always the opportunity for more.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by dacooker
          The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

No just no.

Comment

Ummmm...no...
              sigpic

Comment

Well if we're going worst case scenarios.. when the Destiny fails to turn up at any of the blockaded stars for a while the drones calculate the odds are they were destroyed as a result of damage sustained in their most recent battles with the drones. They then turn their attentions to where the Destiny came from and track back it's path to (eventually) our galaxy, destroying all civilisations on the way.

Once here they do their business, and - after destroying everything - track ships paths and gate travels etc to Pegasus then destroy that too. Then some tracking of the supergate residual energy to the Ori galaxy which they also destroy.

Meanwhile our heroes sleep longer than intended, so long in fact that they awake elderly and decrepit (on the still age incredibly slowly in stasis theory) and unable to use the stones since nobody is on the other end. Eli wallows in self-loathing at having caused all this. TJ has advanced ALS and Dr Park is still blind.

Old Rush comes up with a fantastic scheme to time travel-gate back to the last world they gated to and warn them that the Eli plan will fail. Old Young denies permission due to mistrusting Rush's motives. Eli backs him due to guilt and they secretly enact the plan. The plan fails spectacularly (possibly due to arthritis or senility) dooming them all and Destiny, leaving just enough time for Young to lay one last headbutt on Rush to give a moment of happiness to an otherwise bleak ending.
                "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                  Well if we're going worst case scenarios.. when the Destiny fails to turn up at any of the blockaded stars for a while the drones calculate the odds are they were destroyed as a result of damage sustained in their most recent battles with the drones. They then turn their attentions to where the Destiny came from and track back it's path to (eventually) our galaxy, destroying all civilisations on the way.

Once here they do their business, and - after destroying everything - track ships paths and gate travels etc to Pegasus then destroy that too. Then some tracking of the supergate residual energy to the Ori galaxy which they also destroy.

Meanwhile our heroes sleep longer than intended, so long in fact that they awake elderly and decrepit (on the still age incredibly slowly in stasis theory) and unable to use the stones since nobody is on the other end. Eli wallows in self-loathing at having caused all this. TJ has advanced ALS and Dr Park is still blind.

Old Rush comes up with a fantastic scheme to time travel-gate back to the last world they gated to and warn them that the Eli plan will fail. Old Young denies permission due to mistrusting Rush's motives. Eli backs him due to guilt and they secretly enact the plan. The plan fails spectacularly (possibly due to arthritis or senility) dooming them all and Destiny, leaving just enough time for Young to lay one last headbutt on Rush to give a moment of happiness to an otherwise bleak ending.
                  sigpic

Comment

Those drones would have a bad day in the MW.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                      Those drones would have a bad day in the MW.
                      I totally agree with that.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sorry my friend. This post was a no.
                        "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

Well given their willingness to go with suicide runs (the drones), they could do some significant damage on that bad day. And for all we know they are the replicators of that part of the universe. But since it'd take them millions of years to get here, I think our tech would outmatch them by then. Or nothing of interest left to do anything to for the drones. i.e. Just another desert planet with sand fleas... (like most of season one).

Comment

Win.
                            sigpic

Comment

A wild troll appears....

Go, TROLL HUNTER!

Last edited by Mr. Jack; 14 December 2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X