Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you be? Who would you serve? (spoilers for the books and series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would you be? Who would you serve? (spoilers for the books and series)

For those of you who have read the books and watched the series, who would you be in the world of Game of Thrones? Which house would you serve? Or would you go as a sellsword (a mercenary) and not serve any house?

I personally find it difficult to choose any one house to align myself with. Excessive politics gives me a headache. Though I find House Stark to be the most preferable...

Spoiler:
    I know the grim fate that awaits almost all of them and Winterfell.
    I'm not interested in throwing my lot in with them, though they're the house I find the most honorable and trustworthy.

I like House Baratheon as well but...

Spoiler:
    The behind-the-scenes rivalry between the 3 Baratheon brothers--especially between Stannis and Renly--spells doom for their house later on.
    I'm not really interested in going that route either.

I narrowed it to five possibilities.
    • Being a rogue/exile in service to Daenerys Targaryen, much like Jorah Mormont or...
      Spoiler:
      Barristan Selmy, who seeks her out of true loyalty and isn't a spy like Jorah Mormont.

• One of Tyrion's personal guards, but not loyal to House Lannister, if that's even possible. I think this would be an interesting adventure, especially in light of the twists and turns that happen to him and his family later...
      Spoiler:
      He and Daenerys will likely meet each other on the other side of the Narrow Sea and perhaps lend his services to her? Of course, I would be right there in the thick of things if I were one of his personal guards.

• Training as a maester at the Citadel. As to which house I'd go to, it'd either be to Daenerys or to the Night's Watch, in a manner similar to...
      Spoiler:
      Samwell Tarly.

• A ranger with the Night's Watch. Given what my career paths have been and the things I've seen, the reality of being on the Wall is an option on the table, especially in light of the build-up of hostile forces on the other side of the Wall.
    • A mercenary, like Bronn (now famous for coining the phrase about the Eyrie, "Give me ten of my best men and some climbing spikes and I'll impregnate the *****." )
    Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 17 May 2011, 11:28 PM.
    sigpic

I find the Night Watch the most interesting. I love the whole Guard the Kingdom/Warrior persona, that is quite appealing to me personally (especially given the that the story is set in a Dark Ages/Renaissance era). But the whole no women or families would make me go crazy, so until they change the rules, I'll pass.

I have only seen the first 5 episodes and have never read any books or spoilers brother Fuzz - so I can only speak of what I have seen so far. And from that I would have to say Winterfell and the house of Stark would be where I would want to live.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I would choose to be in the service of Dany.

1) She's smart and determined, not crazy like the rest of her family
      2) She becomes totally bad***
      3) She has dragons
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
        I would choose to be in the service of Dany.

1) She's smart and determined, not crazy like the rest of her family
        2) She becomes totally bad***
        3) She has dragons
        Ditto! You said it perfectly
        sigpic

Comment

I'd serve in the NightWatch

Comment

I wouldn't allign myself with any House per se, though I wouldn't mind going to Dorne to the Martells,
            Spoiler:
            oh Arianne and those sand snakes

Or maybe House Tyrell,
            Spoiler:
            but they will maybe get some company by the Iron born.
            Wouldn't like to be around when that happens!

Though I wouldn't mind to serve Victarion Greyjoy,
            Spoiler:
            especially now that he's probably going to meet Dany
            He's a great commander and decent guy.

Another possibility would be to go the way of Jorah Mormont, without the traitor thing of course,
            Spoiler:
            like Barristan Selmy
            and be a companion of Dany.

Can't really decide, I guess, all of the options above have their merits.
            sigpic
            My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
              I wouldn't allign myself with any House per se, though I wouldn't mind going to Dorne to the Martells,
              Spoiler:
              oh Arianne and those sand snakes

Or maybe House Tyrell,
              Spoiler:
              but they will maybe get some company by the Iron born.
              Wouldn't like to be around when that happens!

Though I wouldn't mind to serve Victarion Greyjoy,
              Spoiler:
              especially now that he's probably going to meet Dany
              He's a great commander and decent guy.

Another possibility would be to go the way of Jorah Mormont, without the traitor thing of course,
              Spoiler:
              like Barristan Selmy
              and be a companion of Dany.

Can't really decide, I guess, all of the options above have their merits.
              Great choices Andron. Working for Dany or the Night's Watch are still strong choices for me. I get the feeling though that they will eventually be working towards the same goal. The only other option I can think of would be the Brotherhood Without Banners, especially...

Spoiler:
              ...when Beric Dondarrion was the leader. The Brotherhood did a lot of good for the little folks and it would be good to help them. Unfortunately that radically changes after certain events Catelyn takes over.
              sigpic

Comment

House Greyjoy, of course!
                Spoiler:
                Asha for Queen!
                sigpic

Comment

My favourite character right now is Brienne of Tarth: I like the idea of the knight errant, the naive paladin, the loyal retainer. I do not think the Houses matter to her, only her lord.

Comment

i would join the starks (because they are honourable) or danaerys.
                    sigpic
                    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I'd pledge myself to serve Sansa Stark when she gets a bit older. I'll happily kill Joffrey for her. That, or Dany, but more of a long-distance capacity - more fun to be had in the Seven Kingdoms than across the sea. I could be her version of Varys, only with the man-parts. Hmm... The little spiders are telling me everything! Muwhahaha.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I've been thinking about this since this thread was opened (yes, seriously!) and I've finally decided. I would be the queen of bloody everything and rule the lot of you!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                          I've been thinking about this since this thread was opened (yes, seriously!) and I've finally decided. I would be the queen of bloody everything and rule the lot of you!
                          I would serve you Lah!

if however something happened to you I have to say I would back Dany
                          sigpic

Comment

It would be the House Stark for me. Although Ned my man has been beheaded ...

Keeping in mind though that I've only seen the series and have not read the books, so I do not know what is to come.

Comment

I would go with the house of stark, the most honorable houses of all or the dwarf tyran (?) he is so much fun to hang out with, I hate the lannisters but you have to admit he is one awesome character, and I want to be teacher sword fighting by Syrius (?) ^^
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X