PDA

View Full Version : Would an animated version of the SGU/Stargate franchise finale movie work?

phrogxix
May 15th, 2011, 09:12 PM
So, I haven't even started SGU yet (last season of SGA right now) but I've been wondering if an inexpensive, yet satisfying and marketable finale movie alternative wouldn't be an animated film with the actors lending their voices? Looking at something like Animatrix or the Dead Space animated tie-in films, it's hard to imagine they couldn't come up with something suitably mature and engaging, while having a far cheaper to produce product than even an episode that would still lend some closure.

The problem of course is that the studio seems disinterested in the franchise and one wonders if the fan base would even consider this to be an acceptable avenue. I would think some official, filmed end to the franchise would be better than nothing.

Just thinkin' out loud.

gaguhan.galore
May 15th, 2011, 10:33 PM
outsource the thing to animooters in japan.

preferably Production IG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_I.G).

for those who wouldn't know why, they're one of the best animation studios out there with a bunch of heavyweights to their name.

for those who would, think about it: SGU animated in GITS-like meticulosity and quality?
:eek::samanime24::vala09::ronananime25::thoranime09: :cool: (i have no words for it, cue fantarding rage etc)

this is, of course, blithely assuming the sticky issues of IP, logistics, financing and the like were dealt with all the while; so...

Replicator Todd
May 16th, 2011, 04:58 AM
The only type of animation I would accept is the CG super detailed kind that look like the respective actors. Something like "The Polar Express."

kache
May 16th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I would really hate an animated version, but a CG movie would be pretty interesting actually.

skarwolf
May 16th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Animated versions screw up the powers that be. They get confused and think cartoons are for kids and would put it on saturday mornings and act all confused when angry parents call up to complain about sex scenes and violence.

garhkal
May 16th, 2011, 04:02 PM
If done REAL WELL, i might not mind.

I am Goa'uld
May 16th, 2011, 07:02 PM
no thanks. id rather have a book.

the fifth man
May 18th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I would rather stay away from animation.