Let the campaign begin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the campaign begin...

We need to show MGM what they have made a SERIOUS mistake in cancelling any further Stargate development. This show is too good to just let die. Star Trek did it, Futurama did it, for that mater even Jericho did it. Serenity got made ONLY because of the passion and devotion of the Browncoats.

Let's get organized and lets get busy. There's lot of us SG fans still out there. Time to let our voices be heard.

I'm guessing you're unaware that MGM is recovering from bankruptcy. The movies were shelved due to a lack of funding. When Syfy cancelled SGU, those movie scripts got shelved indefinitely. If there was profit to be made, MGM would jump on it. The studio isn't making mistakes, it's trying to survive. Give the studio time to put itself back together. Once all of its ducks are in a row, Stargate will probably return.

Comment

No, the reason cited is soft DVD sales, which I would guess MGM is interpreting as "lack of interest", when DVD seems to be becoming a rental market A strong letter campaign would show MGM that we Stargate fans continue to be loyal to our franchise.

At the very least the last two DTDVD movies should be made to properly "finish" the SG saga.

THEN let it reast and come back in a few years (probably with a reboot).

Comment

This I. Support
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin Kyle SG-9 View Post
          No, the reason cited is soft DVD sales, which I would guess MGM is interpreting as "lack of interest", when DVD seems to be becoming a rental market A strong letter campaign would show MGM that we Stargate fans continue to be loyal to our franchise.

At the very least the last two DTDVD movies should be made to properly "finish" the SG saga.

THEN let it reast and come back in a few years (probably with a reboot).
          i'm MUUUUCH more interested in the present characters and storylines, so YES, tie up the loose ends of those parts of the franchise, before you go making another stargate project.

i think part of the reason why fans turned away from sgu from the beginning, was we were still waiting for our shows to be dealt with, instead of pushing them off to the side for the new project. i feel if mgm does this same mistake, then sgu will just be added to sg1/atlantis in wanting those loose ends tied up.

finish your current projects before making new ones.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin Kyle SG-9 View Post
            We need to show MGM what they have made a SERIOUS mistake in cancelling any further Stargate development. This show is too good to just let die. Star Trek did it, Futurama did it, for that mater even Jericho did it. Serenity got made ONLY because of the passion and devotion of the Browncoats.

Let's get organized and lets get busy. There's lot of us SG fans still out there. Time to let our voices be heard.
            The issue isn't with MGM, but with Syfy. Some of us fans have already started going after them for this, and other decisions they have made recently. The fact that they tried to blame the failure of SGU on their fans and on MGM is just one item in a chain of actions that have decimated the Science Fiction community. If your interested in joining you should check out the website at http://www.reformsyfynow.com

Comment

my ultimate campaign would be a combo movie, so the most fans could be happy! let's let MGM know we still care and want more!!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

My idea to bring back Stargate would be to have a film (in theaters) that features characters from all three live action shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
                  The issue isn't with MGM, but with Syfy. Some of us fans have already started going after them for this, and other decisions they have made recently. The fact that they tried to blame the failure of SGU on their fans and on MGM is just one item in a chain of actions that have decimated the Science Fiction community. If your interested in joining you should check out the website at http://www.reformsyfynow.com
                  SyFi has nothing to do with the DTDVD projects.

Comment

Working...
                  X