PDA

View Full Version : Drones ramming????

garhkal
May 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Do you think that the reason the drones started Ramming the Destiny, is that the command ship scanned it, and figured out they were only blocking the weapons firing??

General Jumper One
May 15th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I think they started kamikazing because it detected the weapons had no effect, so the only thing left they could do was kamikaze

Pharaoh Atem
May 15th, 2011, 02:02 PM
The drones wanted to play angry birds

P-90_177
May 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Do you think that the reason the drones started Ramming the Destiny, is that the command ship scanned it, and figured out they were only blocking the weapons firing??

Well I don't think they were doing it for their health. :P

clone
May 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM
The drones rammed because they could not win with weapon fire. They were built to win.

garhkal
May 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM
It just seems a little too quick of a 'tactics' adaption for something that is supposed to be robotic..

morbosfist
May 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Not really. If they can tell their weapons aren't doing damage while their command ship is about to go down, suicide runs would be a quick go-to.

morrismike
May 16th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I'm really surprised the drones didn't overload their systems at impact.

Ser Scot A Ellison
May 17th, 2011, 05:35 AM
One the biggest problems with fighting the Drones is how quickly they adapt to Destiny's countermeasures. Hence the need to simply bypass them. I am concerned that they will be followed.

Blistna
May 17th, 2011, 05:40 AM
The Destiny rammed into the command ship when it jumped out of FTL. If the weapons fire had no effect, anyone with half a brain would have tried ramming it.

SoulReaver
May 17th, 2011, 06:06 AM
they could've instead remodulated their weapon frequencies (yeah, Borg-style)

General Jumper One
May 17th, 2011, 06:16 AM

yeah they could've, but it wouldn't have been has cool

Blistna
May 17th, 2011, 07:16 AM

The thing is, they might not understand how a shield works because if you notice, the command ship didn't have a shield.

knowles2
May 17th, 2011, 07:21 AM

Destiny remodulating her shields already sounded to much like star trek.

garhkal
May 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Not really. If they can tell their weapons aren't doing damage while their command ship is about to go down, suicide runs would be a quick go-to.

Well we know that, but how would the drones have gone from "Hm, weapon fire not seeming to affect tech, to "RAMMING SPEED all kill yourself to take that ship out"//

Shylodog
May 17th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Well we know that, but how would the drones have gone from "Hm, weapon fire not seeming to affect tech, to "RAMMING SPEED all kill yourself to take that ship out"//

Likely a tactic they used in the past against other species.

morbosfist
May 17th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Well we know that, but how would the drones have gone from "Hm, weapon fire not seeming to affect tech, to "RAMMING SPEED all kill yourself to take that ship out"It's not that big a leap. The drones don't care about their lives. Their path of logic is simple: weapons ineffective, seek alternatives, ramming speed. When you can't shoot and your primary protectorate is about to go down, you have to so something.

garhkal
May 18th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Likely a tactic they used in the past against other species.

That i could see.

clone
May 19th, 2011, 12:47 AM
The drones have an artificial intelligence. So they can adapt their strategy.

There are different types of shields that could be used.
The Destiny shields sound to me like they only repel weapons fire, not physical objects.

morbosfist
May 19th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Destiny shields do repel physical objects. They have on multiple occasions. They were simply set in such a way that they were less able to deflect the drones than they would have been normally.

Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
May 26th, 2011, 10:14 AM
It was working wasn't it, so it was a good plan.

thekillman
June 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM
the drones do not HAVE any lives. they're machines designed to win. and they likely have a vast databank to draw winning tactics and strategies from

garhkal
June 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM
That is true.. Though it also makes me wonder, do those command ships have the capacity to make more?

morrismike
June 2nd, 2011, 04:20 AM
That is true.. Though it also makes me wonder, do those command ships have the capacity to make more?
probably not
For something like that it would be best to treat as a ship with guns and tie drones to specific ships (to avoid confusion in battle).

thekillman
June 2nd, 2011, 05:04 AM
there likely are production ships

garhkal
June 2nd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Though we never saw any hint of weaponry on those command ships.

the-nothing
October 1st, 2011, 12:25 AM
hehe that is true!! never even occurred to me

good point!

cosmichobo
October 7th, 2011, 05:10 PM
RE the drones changing their weapons frequencies/etc.. Eli stated that thanks to the one they captured, they had learned the drone's weapons frequency range... so even if the drones did (as they may have done) change their frequencies, the range was covered by Destiny's modification to their shields.

garhkal
October 16th, 2011, 02:38 PM
hehe that is true!! never even occurred to me

good point!

Even the command ship that showed up int he Atmosphere never seemed to have any weapon pods..

morrismike
October 16th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Don't need weapons when you've got 1000 drones.