PDA

View Full Version : Share a pod ?

webxro
May 14th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Now after thinking a while about this last ep , i have a thing in my mind , can't 2 people share a pod ?
laughing at the idea of having Rush and Young share the last pod :jack_new_anime06:

dgh64
May 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Hey, I wouldn't mind sharing a pod with Chloe or James :D

I was actually thinking the same thing, when I saw Rush stepping into his pod and all that space around him, I said to myself "Hey, they could stick two, maybe three people in each of those things."

morbosfist
May 14th, 2011, 11:31 AM
THe pods likely can't regulate the functions of multiple people.

Rickington
May 14th, 2011, 12:12 PM
THe pods likely can't regulate the functions of multiple people.

Agreed, I doubt they would even activate if they detected two people in one pod.

Nth Chevron
May 14th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Well i dont think these ones regulate functions, as Eli said it stops all metabolism stone cold.

The stasis pods in Atlantis allowed metabolism to be active but very decelerated, the same for the pods on the Aurora.

N.C

morbosfist
May 14th, 2011, 12:20 PM
They still monitor life signs. Stuff two people in there and you'd get all sorts of wacky readings. The pod would probably dump them as a safety measure.

webxro
May 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
If they where monitoring the life functions they will consume power , power that the ship doesn't have

morbosfist
May 14th, 2011, 02:17 PM
If they where monitoring the life functions they will consume power , power that the ship doesn't haveThe pods need power to be active in the first place. It's also made perfectly clear that the pods do monitor those inside. The fact that the pods use power is a null issue, because Eli's calculations took them into account.

webxro
May 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
still even if they monitor life signs , what stops them from modifying the system to allow 2 people inside

morbosfist
May 14th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Because such a thing alters the basic functionality of the device. It's meant for one person. It'd be like trying to toast four pieces of bread in a two-slot toaster.

gaguhan.galore
May 15th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Because such a thing alters the basic functionality of the device. It's meant for one person. It'd be like trying to toast four pieces of bread in a two-slot toaster.erm, on the sleazier side of things consider the... feats... the normal human body wasn't meant to be put through

that said, if the pods basically work like freezers then there's less energy expended on putting two (barely fitting) pieces of meat on one fridge than having both pieces of meat on their own two fridges.

stuffing eli-sized people together is probably a bad idea though.

morbosfist
May 15th, 2011, 09:33 PM
erm, on the sleazier side of things consider the... feats... the normal human body wasn't meant to be put throughRep for that. Nevertheless, however "creative" humans can be, there are still limits.

that said, if the pods basically work like freezers then there's less energy expended on putting two (barely fitting) pieces of meat on one fridge than having both pieces of meat on their own two fridges.

stuffing eli-sized people together is probably a bad idea though.It's more than a fridge. Actually freezing a person would kill them. Stasis pods must use some other means to store people.

webxro
May 16th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Freezing a human body would kill them because of the ice crystals , what if they don't form any crystals

garhkal
May 16th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Because such a thing alters the basic functionality of the device. It's meant for one person. It'd be like trying to toast four pieces of bread in a two-slot toaster.

Plus who's to say when trying to do said rework, they won't break it..

morbosfist
May 16th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Freezing a human body would kill them because of the ice crystals , what if they don't form any crystalsThat would require pumping in some kind of antifreeze agent.

knowles2
May 17th, 2011, 07:26 AM
or some way to repair the ice crystal damage during the revival processed.

Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
May 19th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I doubt it is anything like actually freezing meat.

Shylodog
May 19th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I doubt it is anything like actually freezing meat.

Interestingly enough, JM talked a bit on his blog about Destiny's pods. He stated they are different than the pods in SGA and SG1, that they DO freeze the occupants, and that they stop aging cold. No progressive aging over the years.

Of course, his statements were quick replies in his "Mailbox" segment, so I may have misinterpreted his statements.

tomstone
May 22nd, 2011, 08:02 AM
Interestingly enough, JM talked a bit on his blog about Destiny's pods. He stated they are different than the pods in SGA and SG1, that they DO freeze the occupants, and that they stop aging cold. No progressive aging over the years.

Of course, his statements were quick replies in his "Mailbox" segment, so I may have misinterpreted his statements.

Maybe the Pod could technically freeze them, but reviving 2 bodies in one Pod might be a bit of a Problem.

Energy is not an issue since Eli already stated that it could happen that they could end up drifting for thousands of years. I dont think that Destiny can maintain power supply to the pods when that happens.

TuKwick_1
May 22nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
This is kinda like 2 people in a pod(emphasis on kinda), what if you activated the stones and send rush, volker, young or who ever back to earth with the stones and then put there bodies in the status pods? would the person who goes into the pods consciousness stay with the body or would they switch? What about the person who gives up there body? they are effectively giving up 3+ years. Thoughts???? I have got to get off nub status.....

rancher
May 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I always thought they worked like some force shield type thing. Didn't they show them in episodes of SG1 etc. sort of like a "field" coming from the back? The ancients had "magic" shields anyway, so the type used in the pods could be radiation like, passing through matter. Basically, penetrating, encapsulating every cell (or down individual atoms/particles), preventing/limiting interaction with each particle next to it. So essentially, isolating each individual particle while maintaining shape and structure. Not interacting with each other, not using energy. Molecule size for example, it would be like storing H20, carbon, etc. in the pods instead of people. Then temperature wouldn't matter much either, but cool would help slow things down further.

If that makes any sense.

garhkal
May 30th, 2011, 04:13 PM
The ones in Taonas and at the antartic platform worked that way as well as those in atlantis..

Arga
June 16th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I was thinking the same, there is so much room there, it looked like a whole family could freeze together.
It's obviously not the same technology as the sleeping beds of "the 5th Element"...

the-nothing
October 1st, 2011, 12:15 AM
I think everybody had that thought passing through their mind (share a pod) but have you seen THE FLY? haha only kidding

actually what are the chances on the crew numbers equating to the pod numbers -1?

that IS stretching it A BIT

KEK
October 1st, 2011, 02:07 AM
I think everybody had that thought passing through their mind (share a pod) but have you seen THE FLY? haha only kidding

actually what are the chances on the crew numbers equating to the pod numbers -1?

that IS stretching it A BIT

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3015/teleportsjp.gif