Brody's magical metallurgical powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brody's magical metallurgical powers

Did anyone else think it's a bit strange than Brody can (in less than a day) refine raw palladium ore into a superconductor using the limited resources on board, but (as mentioned in the last episode) he still hasn't been able to grind up some wood pulp, mix in a little glue, and make paper?

He stoned in MacGuyver. Solution!

Also, as an engineer, it looks like he...

*Whips on sunglasses*

Engineered a solution.

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I found that to be a bit incredulous, too - lol.

Comment

stones do magical things. like bringing on qualified people

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          stones do magical things. like bringing on qualified people
          He could have given the ore to one of the repair bots and it may have refined it. *shrug*

Comment

Or Destiny might have proper tools .
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
            StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
            GW member infractions : 1

Comment

it would kinda suck if destiny has all the tools to find the proper resource but it can't refine them

Comment

those meteorite fragments can be forged into magical swords! but alas... we can't use swords to battle against projectile flying drones.

It's like sending humans as fodder to unmanned aircrafts.... wait... in fact, it's exactly as sending humans as fodder to unmanned aircrafts!

Comment

Lol palladium is a platinum group metal. This means that in it's natural form it will be very pure, free metal (unlike e.g. iron), just like the the gold nugget (assuming you can find a palladium nugget that big). And since that palladium came from asteroids, it would be even more pure that the geological one.
                  It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
                  -Dexter-

Comment

I think the writers should have shown us a lab for refining materials, some sought of manufacturing room.

One got to wonder where they got the materials from to fixed the dome to.

Comment

Brody = Da man.

Comment

You watch a television show about stargates between planets, and you complain about the science?

Comment

Tallifer,

Originally posted by Tallifer View Post
                          You watch a television show about stargates between planets, and you complain about the science?
                          The phrase "Einstein-Rosen Bridge" exists for a reason. The fact that we haven't, yet, been able to create one doesn't mean their creation is impossible.
                          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            He stoned in MacGuyver. Solution!

Also, as an engineer, it looks like he...

*Whips on sunglasses*

Engineered a solution.

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Comment

The simple truth is that if a radio failed they would be unable to fix it for anything more complicated than a bad battery.

Comment

Working...
                              X