Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Earth have turned off their stone platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would Earth have turned off their stone platform?

Since they were told the crew was all going into suspended animation for 3 years, do you think that HWC would have at least kept the stone terminal up and running just in case? Or would it have been packed up/turned off??

But who will Eli talk to if earth turns off the connection?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      But who will Eli talk to if earth turns off the connection?
      They could keep it on for the 2 weeks he has left but then shut it off for the next three years

Comment

Did anyone stone in to tell them Eli was gong to have to stay awake for 2 weeks?? IIRC they stoned into the HWC offices, before they found out they had some broke pods..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Since they were told the crew was all going into suspended animation for 3 years, do you think that HWC would have at least kept the stone terminal up and running just in case? Or would it have been packed up/turned off??
          Putting the thing in moth balls makes sense, however were I running the show, I'd have someone in the room hooked up 24/7, 365 for just the off chance that someone calls.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet that HWS uses the stones for a number of their off-world bases, seeing as Icarus had the stones and they had no idea originally that the 9th chevron dialed a ship on the other end of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
              I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet that HWS uses the stones for a number of their off-world bases, seeing as Icarus had the stones and they had no idea originally that the 9th chevron dialed a ship on the other end of the universe.
              They'd need more than one pad I suppose. Perhaps one per base.

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

i would keep it on in case earth was able to dial destiny and we could see supplies and crew members being sent
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

As far as we know they still require the stones.
                  How many stones have we recovered? Have we seen anything that would lead us to believe we can produce them?

Icarus had the stones in a pack in a box, it was not in use, it was packed for the trip.
                  Even if they only went to the next galaxy, they would want to communicate unlike they had the chance with Atlantis.

Comment

There probably are other stone platforms, sure, but they're linked to other stone platforms. As for the one hooked up to the Destiny, I'd say they turned it off. Because hey, Young signed off with Telford, said goodbye... I think the stone platform on that end staying shut down, or maybe just having one guy have his side of the stones be active over the next three years, might've happened, but I'd bet the former, if only for dramatic effect: They sign off with Earth, the pod problem comes up, and Eli can't go back to Earth and find a solution there. DUN DUN DUN.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

my guess is earth left there's on while destinies is turned off, which is fine seeing as no one is using them. as for eli i don't see him talking to earth because that probably would use up power, though i do see him finding/activating gin.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Did anyone stone in to tell them Eli was gong to have to stay awake for 2 weeks?? IIRC they stoned into the HWC offices, before they found out they had some broke pods..
                        Maybe Eli, himself, did. I'd think he'd want to say something to his mother before being suspended like that.

As a little side note, this suspension idea reminds me of the SGA episode "Aurora", and the SG1 episode "Lifeboat".

Comment

Ahh only on SGU can you be see things whilst stoned and not be ridiculed ..

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                            my guess is earth left there's on while destinies is turned off, which is fine seeing as no one is using them. as for eli i don't see him talking to earth because that probably would use up power, though i do see him finding/activating gin.
                            Why would it use power? The stone platform is its own item..

Comment

there's a bunch of other possible applications on the earth side of the stones and it would be a waste to not explore them in the ~3 years meanwhile

picking up souls of dead people, for instance

Comment

Working...
                              X