What tech would help out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tech would help out??

Ok. In joe's blog of what the possible intros/season 3 would have been like include 2 aspects mentioning that Carter/Mccay and poss even Jonas gate to the ship with some tech to help out power it/make them able to dial home.

What sort of tech do you think it would have been?

Do we even know if our naquda generators would have been able to get hooked up?

Maybe something could possibly be done, a big maybe here, but possibly have them gate to the ship from earths end, sending some equipment through making it possible to connect Destiny to a icarus type planet. Use Destiny to search for a planet that may have a core capable of having such power (I know naquadria is artifically made) but possibly there could be something else out there, another planet that could do it too and then do a reverse program to allow destiny to connect home.

That is what i would imagine. Maybe use Jonas' knowledge of his homeworld and their set up to design something that could allow Destiny to land on a similar planet and make the conections.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Ok. In joe's blog of what the possible intros/season 3 would have been like include 2 aspects mentioning that Carter/Mccay and poss even Jonas gate to the ship with some tech to help out power it/make them able to dial home.

It was a brainstorming idea that was in conceptual phase only and a goofy one at that.

Comment

the thing from SG1 that can make everything including musical insurments
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've always been fond of Rodney McKay's subspace capacitor from SGA season 5 ep 4 "The Daedalus Variations." Especially since it is near ZPM power levels, it could help out Destiny dramatically.

My two cents.
          sigpic

Comment

No, they'll bring a big gun, march to the Faith planet a few galaxies back, point it at the obelisk and tell the Builders to build them a planet with a naquadriah core, or they're GONNA BLOW THEIR **** UP.

~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Ori shields
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                No, they'll bring a big gun, march to the Faith planet a few galaxies back, point it at the obelisk and tell the Builders to build them a planet with a naquadriah core, or they're GONNA BLOW THEIR **** UP.

LOL... What happens though wne we DO blow it up and they don't do anything?

Comment

LOL... What happens though wne we DO blow it up and they don't do anything?
                  We call them pacifists and move on. There are other people to blow up.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                    Maybe something could possibly be done, a big maybe here, but possibly have them gate to the ship from earths end, sending some equipment through making it possible to connect Destiny to a icarus type planet. Use Destiny to search for a planet that may have a core capable of having such power (I know naquadria is artifically made) but possibly there could be something else out there, another planet that could do it too and then do a reverse program to allow destiny to connect home.

That is what i would imagine. Maybe use Jonas' knowledge of his homeworld and their set up to design something that could allow Destiny to land on a similar planet and make the conections.
                    Originally posted by Selkhet View Post
                    I've always been fond of Rodney McKay's subspace capacitor from SGA season 5 ep 4 "The Daedalus Variations." Especially since it is near ZPM power levels, it could help out Destiny dramatically.

My two cents.

We use the naquda generators on Atlantis so I am sure that we could use it on Destiny. Also to dial Destiny from earth we could use the power from the U.S. like in the episode where they phased out the planet. With that power I am sure that we could build capacitors (Rodney would design). Jona's plant would be nice to dial out of but they do not want that to let us use there gate for that reason. I am sure that if we could get a dial out to Destiny that supplies and engineers could hook up small capacitors and naquda generators to dial Earth. Better yet get the worm hole drive up on Atlantis, get a ton of capacitors charged and go for it (only after we get all off the info we could out of the city just incase it goes boom).
                    sigpic

Comment

Big issue there, is for us to tap the power like that, of the planet, (or the US) we would definitely have to go public..

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post

Originally posted by Selkhet View Post

My two cents.
                        Big issue there, is for us to tap the power like that, of the planet, (or the US) we would definitely have to go public..
                        I would have to agree, I can not remember if the stargate is public in the reality that carter was sent too........
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skarwolf View Post
                          It was a brainstorming idea that was in conceptual phase only and a goofy one at that.
                          Yeah, the idea of them drifting for hundreds of years and a breakaway group of Novans (who had since mastered space travel) finding them (and trying to take over Destiny) = much more awesome. And given that he had so much more information about it, I'm thinking they were leaning in that direction.

Comment

Working...
                          X