Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Don't the Drones Destroy Each Other ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Don't the Drones Destroy Each Other ?

How do they ascertain what is "tech" and what isn't ? Shouldn't they all destroy each other given they too are "tech."

Inventing something that wasn't mentioned in the show doesn't count.

They are programmed to destroy all tech that isn't their own. This was mentioned in a past episode
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by skarwolf View Post
      How do they ascertain what is "tech" and what isn't ? Shouldn't they all destroy each other given they too are "tech."

Inventing something that wasn't mentioned in the show doesn't count.
      Aside from what Jelgate mentioned, do you seriously think whoever built them would be so stupid as to not include an exception clause. This is what IFF is all about. It's a plot point in "Deliverance".

Comment

Yeah...what morbosfist said
        sigpic

Comment

I managed to get a section of the Drones base code from my contact at the SGC:

If(New Tech.Drones=False, Attack=True, PowerSaveMode = On)

Comment

O_o
            sigpic

Comment

In this episode, a couple of drones command ships defeated. But the second technique should helps destiny survive through out the galaxy by emitting the destiny ID as one of the drones command ship.

When they destroy the first command ship, they should collecting at least a couple of small drones and use it to defeat the command ship on the future encounter. Use the small drone docking inside the command ship and emitting destiny ID. So they will attacking each other.

With a Kino attachment, Eli or Rush also could instruct the drone destroying the core of command ship interactively. A Trojan horse tactics while destiny fake ID lasted.

So far we know a drone command ship can't send commands to a drone from different command ship.

Comment

That is assuming that as soon as the new command ships come into range, they don't override what ever programming we could put in.

Comment

They demonstrated in a previous episode, a command ship cannot take over drones from a other command ship.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 17 May 2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

knowles,

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    They demonstrated in a previous episode, a command ship cannot take over drones from a other command ship.
                    That we know of. Since that tactic was used in the first encounter with the drones the Command Ships may have adopted countermeasures for that tactic.
                    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

From Deliverance...

WALLACE: I got it! I got it! Look at this!

(Nick comes over and looks at the screen as Eli points.)

WALLACE (grinning): Recognition software.

(Nick looks blank.)

WALLACE: Friend or foe. Right now, the drones that were here first are ignoring the second wave because they don't have a command ship telling them which side they're on. What if we tell them that they're the enemy? We use the same I.D. tag that they used for us.

Comment

That to me shows the new command ship would have taken over the old drones.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          That to me shows the new command ship would have taken over the old drones.
                          How? The original drones were ignoring the new ones, and weren't receiving commands from the new command ship controlling the new drones. Destiny basically became the original drone's command ship and told them to attack the new drones and their command ship.

Comment

Cause by that above quote of the script, it seemed the new drones just got there without a command ship controlling things.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Cause by that above quote of the script, it seemed the new drones just got there without a command ship controlling things.
                              I just re-read the transcript, because you made a good point. But a second command ship had arrived and that is what the "Second wave" was from. The first wave was from a command ship that they had destroyed with the help of the blues. After the second command ship arrived, it was determined by Rush that the drones are separated by their command ships and do not take commands from any CS but their own. At least as far as they could tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X