PDA

View Full Version : LA dials Destiny while everyone is in the status pods.

stargeek123
May 12th, 2011, 05:48 AM
I'm sure LA is planning on dialing Destiny again. If they knew the current status of Destiny with everyone in the pods that would be a good way to take over the ship. Knowing of course Destiny would have to drop out of FTL and could be near the drones.

escyos
May 12th, 2011, 05:49 AM
There isnt enough power so they would all die.

actuallyliam
May 12th, 2011, 05:58 AM
I assume they turned the power off to the stargate. Oh wait they did. I'm sure that they would have disabled the stargate. It seems a kind of stupid thing to forget.

Trig
May 12th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I thought the recieving gate draw its power from subspace therefor wouldnt require any external power.

Short is, if the LA gate in the ship will drop out of FTL and power up as it did when the team first gated onboard.

If this is done before Destiny leaves this galaxy then there could be chance to recharge and see how it goes, however if they gate in while Destiny is between galaxys then its pretty much game over...

escyos
May 12th, 2011, 06:24 AM
I thought the recieving gate draw its power from subspace therefor wouldnt require any external power.

No, the receiving gate will supply power if the dialing end is cut off from its power source, but not from subspace.

Major_Griff
May 12th, 2011, 06:28 AM
I thought all the power for a gate connection came from the dialing gate.

escyos
May 12th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I thought all the power for a gate connection came from the dialing gate.

See "48 Hours", the receiving gate will supply energy if the dialing end loses power, just to let the travelers through.

tomstone
May 12th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I assume they turned the power off to the stargate. Oh wait they did. I'm sure that they would have disabled the stargate. It seems a kind of stupid thing to forget.

What he said. They would be stupid if they did not disable the Gate and when its disabled it cannot be dailed. They did not have that option before, but with the master code broken there is no problem in taking the Gate off the Grid.

Kanten
May 12th, 2011, 02:04 PM
What he said. They would be stupid if they did not disable the Gate and when its disabled it cannot be dailed. They did not have that option before, but with the master code broken there is no problem in taking the Gate off the Grid.

Well the gate room won't have life support anyway so yeah.

Also, where exactly is LA going to dial in from?

Nth Chevron
May 12th, 2011, 03:56 PM

Though what exactly "on the grid" means for Destiny's gate i arent quite sure :P

N.C

garhkal
May 12th, 2011, 04:52 PM

Power was off to it in the beginning. BUT that didn't stop our people getting there in Air..

Also, where exactly is LA going to dial in from?

They take over Langara

knowles2
May 13th, 2011, 07:02 AM
or they could have fourth naquadria planet out there. An was simply using Langara as a diversion.

tomstone
May 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Though what exactly "on the grid" means for Destiny's gate i arent quite sure :P

N.C

Sam used that term various times when talking about the Gate Network.

Power was off to it in the beginning. BUT that didn't stop our people getting there in Air..

They take over Langara

We know several ways to make a Gate undailable. Any chance somebody got an instant Iris in their pocket?

pbellosom
May 13th, 2011, 02:43 PM
We know several ways to make a Gate undailable. Any chance somebody got an instant Iris in their pocket?

Do we? I thought only way we knew was to put an iris so close to where the event horizon would form that even the kawoosh cannot stabilise, which was definitely shown not to happen on Destiny.

tomstone
May 13th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Do we? I thought only way we knew was to put an iris so close to where the event horizon would form that even the kawoosh cannot stabilise, which was definitely shown not to happen on Destiny.

Anything blocking the Event Horizon would work, doesnt need to be the Iris.

Shylodog
May 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
If there is enough debris IN the gate opening it will prevent an event horizon from forming. They could pile enough crates inside the gate to prevent it from being usable. It's the same process as burying the gate, only vertically.

pbellosom
May 13th, 2011, 03:42 PM
OK, but didn't the final scenes show that the gate was unobstructed?

garhkal
May 13th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Yup.. You would have thought they did so, just in case earth DID get the ok to dial in from Langaran..

tomstone
May 13th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Yup.. You would have thought they did so, just in case earth DID get the ok to dial in from Langaran..

Would you risk it? Being ambushed by either your Friends or your Foes? I rather wake up seeing Rushs face and that already might give me a Heartattack.

garhkal
May 14th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Being how Seziure ended, it was less a concern that the LA would gate in. And since there was a slim poss of Woosley getting the goahead while they slept to get a supply run in, that would have factored in their decision to leave it unobstructed.