Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now thats its all over...do you remember how it began for you? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now thats its all over...do you remember how it began for you? :)

I remember my first SG-1 episode, I was flipping through channels on basic cable at my grandma's house and nothing was on except this cheesy, low production budget-looking sci fi show that I tuned into halfway through. It must have been one of the Tok'ra episodes, I dont even remember, but they were running around through a bunch of blue rock tunnels.

By the end of it I was so jazzed. I'd seen the movie, which I liked OK, and I kinda had heard about a show based on it, but I had no idea how awesome it was, and I tuned in weekly from then on out. Thank goodness for the old Scifi Friday blocks of SG1. I'd spend many long nights after that during my undergrad up till 4 in the morning watching episodes online back to back....just one more episode then bed, for real this time....

Kinda weird to think that if I had decided to watch the news instead, I might never have gotten into the SG franchise at all....

Side note...most awesome moment in SG: when the Prometheus first took off out of the hangar. I was like "Yes! The Tauri have a starship!"

I remember watching the movie when it first came out. When I heard about the series, I jumped at the chance to watch it. Been hooked ever since

Comment

I remember how I started watching SG1, but I do not remember my first episode. I started watching the show religiously in 2004. During Season 8. And quickly got caught up through Sci-fi's constant SG1 airings back then. But I'm really unsure what my first episode was as a friend wanting to watch it and I had no clue what it was but thought it looked cool.

Comment

Of course I remember. I had seen the movie and loved it at the time. One night I was going door-to-door doing a school fundraiser (Christmas cards I believe) when I got to a door where the guy was watching SG-1. This was back when it was still on a premium channel and I couldn't get it if I'd asked. About four or five years later it came to Sci-Fi, and I've been watching since. First episode was the first one of season six. I actually told my wife this story for the first time the other day. It's one that she had never heard.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Yes. I saw the movie at the cinema when it first came out and fell in love with the concept. Then as soon as the series reached the UK, a friend of mine said I had to come over and watch it (it was on Sky, which I didn't have) and I started with COTG and fell in love with the show and have been following it ever since.
          The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

It began as a date to the movies with my ex husband... We went and saw Stargate.

Then the series came out.

The rest, as they say, is history.
            : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
            : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

I saw the movie in the theatre when it was first released, and then later I heard about the launch of the series on Showtime. I didn't have Showtime then; I was on a tight budget even with working both a full-time and a part-time job. I also didn't have a lot of time for watching TV as a result, so subscribing to Showtime wasn't in the cards then, though I wished I could. I may have seen part of an episode during one of the "free sample" periods our cable company would do with Showtime and other premium channels to entice people into signing up; I have a somewhat vague memory of this.

But as soon as it was available in syndication, I began watching! I'm pretty sure I began with COTG although I don't recall for sure. But knowing me, if I wasn't going to be home to watch it from the first episode, I would have recorded it on my VCR and watched it the next day.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

For me it began with the movie.
                Then I saw COTG on a rental video.
                A few years past then I purchased COTG along with another couple of episodes.
                But it was after seeing 'The Broca Divide' I was hooked.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Saw CotG in syndication because of RDA & got into it right form the start. Didn't see the movie until a few years after that. Was lukewarm on the movie & may not have bothered with the series had I saw the movie first. Then again, I did watch Legend for RDA.

Comment

How did it begin? It was fall, 1998. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine was in it's final season, Star Trek: Voyager was in it's fifth. I was keeping an eye out for a show to replace DS9. I was enjoying SG-1 syndicated reruns (one year behind cable). When DS9 ended, I began to follow SG-1 regularly. I've been watching since then, though I lost interest after seeing the premiere of Universe. I still like SG-1 and Atlantis, though.

Comment

I managed to catch Children of the Gods as a kid, age 8 or 9, when it 1st came on South Africa. I was hooked instantly.
                      sigpic
                      Weapons At Maximum!

Comment

I really cant remember, I remember watching the film a long time ago but cant remember how I got into the TV series...

Comment

Believe it or not, the first ep I saw was "Emancipation"... *and* I kept watching!

I was channel surfing and caught it in syndication on Space here in Canada. I was immediately impressed by the characters, and while it was not the best tv I had ever seen, it reminded me of the first season of TNG in a lot of ways. As I do with most shows, I came to SG-1 late, so the show itself was part way through its 7th season. I *really* wanted to catch up, so I taped (yup, VHS taped ) the show and rented the DVDs from the library and caught up by the 8th season!

Woah... I guess that means I've watched 17 years of Stargate (more than that really, 'cuz I've seen every ep *at least* twice... most more than that) in about 7yrs. Yikes! haha
                          "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                          ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
                            Believe it or not, the first ep I saw was "Emancipation"... *and* I kept watching!

I was channel surfing and caught it in syndication on Space here in Canada. I was immediately impressed by the characters, and while it was not the best tv I had ever seen, it reminded me of the first season of TNG in a lot of ways. As I do with most shows, I came to SG-1 late, so the show itself was part way through its 7th season. I *really* wanted to catch up, so I taped (yup, VHS taped ) the show and rented the DVDs from the library and caught up by the 8th season!

Woah... I guess that means I've watched 17 years of Stargate (more than that really, 'cuz I've seen every ep *at least* twice... most more than that) in about 7yrs. Yikes! haha
                            I happened to see a couple of VHS tapes at my parents' house a few days ago with the titles of SG-1 episodes on them. I laughed because I used to have a huge green storage tub FILLED with VHS tapes of the show.
                            "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                            - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Saw it on Hulu last year. Seen all episodes since.

All 354, SG-1, SGA, SGU.

Hard to say which is best.

Comment

Working...
                              X