Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I guess we wont find out what that signal at the beginning of the universe was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I guess we wont find out what that signal at the beginning of the universe was

I think that is a good thing though. Honestly, if they got to the source of that signal or whatever it would probably be a bit disappointing or just lame. Its like Shepherd Book in Firefly. The reason he was so cool was because he was such a mystery.

I also think it makes humanity seem small and the galaxy seem so big again. Like in old SG-1 before they had space ships and were all geniuses at using alien technology. That was really cool. Alien things should be hard to deal with and cause problems and stuff. It makes for much more interesting stories.

Originally posted by xTamx420 View Post
    I also think it makes humanity seem small and the galaxy seem so big again. Like in old SG-1 before they had space ships and were all geniuses at using alien technology. That was really cool. Alien things should be hard to deal with and cause problems and stuff. It makes for much more interesting stories.
    That right there would be the ONLY reason I would hope for a reboot of the series. We gained too much technology, too quickly in the later seasons of the show. Now we have the collective knowledge of 1/2 of the "4 races" plus techs from the Wraith, Ori, and assorted other races. For a series thats supposed to be about the accumulation of technology, thats a good result- but it should have taken them at least 30 seasons to reach this point.

Comment

Yeah, a lot more fleshing out could have gone on. An easy way to have toned things down, would to have made space travel slower (as it was originally laid out as). Once space travel could jump galaxies in four days, it kinda shrunk everything and overshadowed the gates greatly.

Comment

the message was
        "turn left"

Comment

Personally, I would have liked to see Destiny arrive at its ultimate destination.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The message was:

"Stewie Griffin was here!"
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

That signal isn't the only thing we'll never find out. *sigh*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                That signal isn't the only thing we'll never find out. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I know.
                  sigpic

Comment

In that interview on the home page brad wright said that they're not going to reveal what would have happened.. which I don't like one bit, fair enough if there was a chance at renewal but theres not so.. Id like if someone at least in their blog said what the message in in the background radiation was, unless they didn't know of course..
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I am somewhat content with never discovering what the signal in the CMBR was or what it means. I also don't mind not finding out who or what created Eden, and why they intervened in Destiny's journey.

The reason I am fine with this is that these loose ends ask questions that are so big, so deep and have such a large meaning, I doubt that in real-life they could ever be answered. I mean, who created the universe? A puzzle written into the very fabric of space-time, the answer of which could allow us to control our fate and tangibly change things in our universe? Does God exist or was Eden created by some advanced alien race? Is there a different between God and this alien race?

These questions are so big, any attempt to answer them might have turned out to be disappointing. That doesn't mean that I didn't want to see where the show would have ended; of course I did. But I am somewhat content with not finding the answers to the overall questions the show raised.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Personally, I would have liked to see Destiny arrive at its ultimate destination.
                        It never had an ultimate destination. Rush makes that pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          It never had an ultimate destination. Rush makes that pretty clear.
                          Wasn't its destination the signal at the beginning of the universe?

Comment

Its mission was to discover the meaning of the radiation. The signal itself is 14 billion years old, its not like there's a place that Destiny can go where it will be transmitting from a little brick building with an antenna....you cant fly to the big bang in a spaceship

Comment

The signal at the beginning of the universe:

Spoiler:
                              (tap, tap) "Is this thing on? Oh, it's a voice activated mic... you say there's some instructions? I can't see them, it's too dark. Somebody turn on a light...

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X