PDA

View Full Version : Now What?

Anubis21
May 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM
So now what do we do? The ending was horrible (in a good way) how they leave us hanging. I wonder if it was a clue that we will the the continuation of the series in three years? So there are no more future projects to speak of in the Stargate section, at least the last i heard. Anything different?

SupremeLegate
May 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Doubt it.

Phenom
May 10th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Now....

we watch other TV shows.

Stargate is gone and if you try and find cryptic clues as to a proposed future of the franchise, then I am sorry to break this to you but you are in denial (probably a normal reaction however)

senilegreen
May 11th, 2011, 12:11 AM
So now what do we do?

Write your own SG story, post it online somewhere.

KEK
May 11th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Hope/campaign for novels or comics.

carmencatalina
May 11th, 2011, 05:49 AM
I've already pre-ordered my season 2 DVD, and am planning a big ol' fashioned re-watch of all 40 episodes once it arrives.

After that - who knows!

KEK
May 11th, 2011, 06:24 AM
The first thing I'll do when I get mine is listen to the commentaries. The ones for season one were great.

revo1059
May 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm waiting until blu-ray to buy, but then I will buy it.

Greenfire32
May 11th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Well, we've seen literally all there is to see Stargate. I guess now we can finally go outside and start living again. It's been a long 14 years. I wonder how much the world has changed....

anaberration
May 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM
So I found something new to watch in the hopes that I would enjoy it as much as I did SGU. Well I do enjoy it as much. The show ? Outcasts from the BBC. Now much to my surprise, t's been [email protected]&#$&$*(&%#*) $*&#(*$&[email protected]#(_*$ $#*&)$#*() !!!
I mean what the god**** friggin *** of a *****....WTH ?
It survived one season and was just cancelled...Damn. Of you should check it out and you talk about a "cliffhanger", crap, its' a cliffhanger for real. Oh well back to watching Firefly and curling up into a fetal position. I guess the world does end tomorrow...
http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/news/a308844/bbc-confirms-outcasts-axe.html

skarwolf
May 20th, 2011, 05:16 PM
The ending of SGU was better then Atlantis' which was laughable.

themeatcleaver
May 20th, 2011, 07:18 PM
i dunno i felt better about the atlantis ending if only because i absolutely loved seeing atlantis over earth slugging it out with the superhive like galactica and a basestar. that was awesome. otherwise, yeah it was obviously wicked rushed. i DID like Vegas though, its one of my favorites.

i'm just hoping and praying that Universe gets resolved somewhere down the line as it just feels unfinished to me.

that said, i'm also debating going outside or joining a gym or something now that i'll have free time. i do believe a battlestar rewatch is in order in as well.

Pharaoh Atem
May 20th, 2011, 07:20 PM
The ending of SGU was better then Atlantis' which was laughable.

the city making it back to earth was epic. ..... well the means on how it did it will always be a laugh.

Tanith0709
May 20th, 2011, 07:33 PM
So I found something new to watch in the hopes that I would enjoy it as much as I did SGU. Well I do enjoy it as much. The show ? Outcasts from the BBC.

It started out with good ratings, ratings went down a fair amount and thus the BBC decided to move the show to a different day, ratings never recovered and so the show was canceled.

I feel some deja vu coming on.

RoK
May 21st, 2011, 07:15 PM
Right now there's nothing new to speak of in the Stargate section. I was looking forward to the third SG-1 and the first Atlantis movies, but since they've been shelved, I'll have to get my sci-fi fix somewhere else.

As for stories, I say write 'em. Either that or join a Universe RPG. I know there's one on here that I'm trying to start off based off the episode, Epilogue.

ZGoten
May 22nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
Well, I am looking forward to the gateworld rewatch, especially to listening to the episode commentaries. The rewatch is going to take almost 1.5 years, so maybe by then there will be some good news for us fans.

TuKwick_1
May 22nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
So now what do we do? The ending was horrible (in a good way) how they leave us hanging. I wonder if it was a clue that we will the the continuation of the series in three years? So there are no more future projects to speak of in the Stargate section, at least the last i heard. Anything different?

Don't know about the rest of ya'll but I have been watching since i was a kid now im going to watch all of it again. it might take me a year but im going to do it. 10seasons sg1 + 5 seasons SGA + 2 seasons SGU +3 movies = a lot to watch.....

TuKwick_1
May 22nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Well, I am looking forward to the gateworld rewatch, especially to listening to the episode commentaries. The rewatch is going to take almost 1.5 years, so maybe by then there will be some good news for us fans.

non stop would take >270 hours with out special features.....

ZGoten
May 24th, 2011, 05:02 PM
non stop would take >270 hours with out special features.....

So what you're saying is . . . ?

Brian
May 25th, 2011, 12:55 AM
What's next is fight fight fight for more Stargate. Sure efforts might be in vain but hey at least you try. As long as we stay together and for a substantial amount of time who knows right?

Other than that...hmm...well I just got Firefly on Blu-ray so I am going to have to watch that. I also would like to see Battlestar Galactica, I haven't seen any of it but have heard so many great things and from what I've heard the tone is similar to SGU so that would be nice. Only problem is the price for that series is pretty steep for me right now, and I wouldn't settle for DVDs seeing as how the Blu-ray version is out. We'll see what time brings though maybe I'll be able to save up for it.

That's about it in the science fiction realm for me though. There is way too much cheesy campy low quality stuff out there...in my opinion and preference of course...and well SGU was the last (time frame wise) science fiction show I took interest in. I tried watching Sanctuary once, just to see, but couldn't stand it for very long just way too cheesy and cheap looking for me. I think I have super high standards after SGU and won't settle for anything less haha.

Shadow_7
May 25th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Now....

we watch other TV shows.

Now we go get jobs and make an already saturated market (job seekers) more saturated. Security guard who watches monitors of mostly uninteresting content for eight hours a day sounds about equal to current programming options. And they pay me...

And cancel the subscription services, since there's effectively little to nothing to watch anymore. And I wont have time to watch it anyway, since I have to work two jobs to make the same yearly income I used to make with one job just a few years ago. With 50% benefits coverage for the first year (is that even legal)?

Onealwasoverrated
May 25th, 2011, 02:20 AM

We all pray to the gods at the alter of Roddenberry and hope that Syfy runs out of programming to cancel and decides to put SGU back into production.

zexstream
May 25th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Hi guys, My first post.

Well like many others im fed up with the Americans ending TV shows in their prime without any conclusion.

Im so annoyed I decided to end SGU myself.

I searched the web and got some clips of old shows with some music and created my own alternative ending.

If you like it good, if your hate it then I challenge you to make your own!

Anyhow Enjoy.

Well we alll know we will never see SGU back after the cancelation and I like others wasnt happy with how it ended. So I ended it myself!

In this ending its Dr Rush who stays awake whilst Eli enters the chamber. Whilst looking for a way to fix the final pod Dr Rush realises that the automated drone ships have found them and they are about to be destroyed, knowing he cant do anything to save the ship or its crew Dr Rush decides to go back to the chair and spend his final moments with the one he loves as the ship is destroyed and SGU comes to an end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Fl-CH0AEA