My last nitpick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last nitpick

When Destiny took out the command ship, suddenly the remaining drones went dormant.

When we first encountered the drones, there was no command ship, yet they tried to tear into Destiny like a pride of lions on a lame zebra.

Just a little inconsistent is all. But I did love this series, these franchises, this genre. I will sorely miss it.

it may not have been visual, but it may have been transmitting.

dead drones after commandship destruction was shown before, since they waited for a signal. since we know they can track subspace - and are therefore aware of it - it makes sense they may use subspace comms sometimes.
    Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
      When Destiny took out the command ship, suddenly the remaining drones went dormant.

When we first encountered the drones, there was no command ship, yet they tried to tear into Destiny like a pride of lions on a lame zebra.

Just a little inconsistent is all. But I did love this series, these franchises, this genre. I will sorely miss it.
      The command ship from the first batch was waiting out of sublight range.

Comment

simple, the drones first discovered went up against Ursini ships by themselves and when they achieved their objective they went dormant to conserve power and await to be picked up by a command ship.

They were programmed to destroy technology so don't need a command ship if they are active.

Comment

there was a command ship just not in range.

Comment

I think the solution to the Drone problem was to do what they did with the original remaining drones. Take them over and use them to attack the command ships. Figure a way to let the Drones of the dead command ships affix themselves to Destiny extend the sheilds around them then use those drones to hold off the attacking drones while taking down the mother ships which appear to have no on board weapons of their own.

Over time Destiny will have quite the complement and should be able to take out command ship after command ship.
            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Working...
            X