Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It wouldn't be right to see Stargate end without posting in the SG1 forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't be right to see Stargate end without posting in the SG1 forum.

All hail to the true "ancestors"

Gotta wonder what the people involved with the first season would have said if you told them the show would last 10 seasons, have two spinoffs and two movies?

I doubt that they foresaw this coming.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      I doubt that they foresaw this coming.
      I'd ask Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin that question too
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
        Get a response?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          Eh, I could care less.

SG1 is what I fell in love with.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Eh, I could care less.

SG1 is what I fell in love with.
            same here
            sigpic
            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Yep, me too.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

sg1 >>> everything.

Comment

Originally posted by techs View Post
                  Gotta wonder what the people involved with the first season would have said if you told them the show would last 10 seasons, have two spinoffs and two movies?
                  I love how BW joked in one early interview that they could go 10 seasons with these stories! And they did...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                    I love how BW joked in one early interview that they could go 10 seasons with these stories! And they did...
                    sigpic

Comment

SG1 is by far the best show and I have seen allot of sci-fi! I was sad when the 10th season came to an end because this show, personally I could have watched SG1 interact with aliens for the next twenty years and I don't think it would have gotten old. The end of SGU was just kind of an open door that I hope provokes another capable cooperation to bring it back to life. For fracks sake Days of our Lives ran forever!

-SG1 lifer
                      sigpic
                      Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                      "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                      Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                      Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                      etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley2012 View Post
                        SG1 is by far the best show and I have seen allot of sci-fi! I was sad when the 10th season came to an end because this show, personally I could have watched SG1 interact with aliens for the next twenty years and I don't think it would have gotten old. The end of SGU was just kind of an open door that I hope provokes another capable cooperation to bring it back to life. For fracks sake Days of our Lives ran forever!

-SG1 lifer
                        True...but I think SG needs a rest before it comes back. Although, I'll hate the wait...I thing is needs a break.
                        sigpic

Comment

If it can wait until the current craze for dark soap-opera style shows passes, that may be best. I'd like to see an upbeat, adventure-oriented entry, not a Caprica-style clone.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

If it can wait until the current craze for dark soap-opera style shows passes, that may be best.
                            Yes I agree with this, it took me a couple of episodes to accept SGU's style, I was all agast when I saw all the intercourse....and the angsty cringes and exhales.
                            sigpic
                            Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                            "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                            Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                            Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                            etc.....

Comment

I never really could get past all that, and eventually gave up, just like I suspect a lot of people did. *shrug* Give me something like the early seasons of SG-1 any day. There was plenty of seriousness there and enough angst to keep it from being fluff, but the overall tone was well-leavened by humor and high adventure, which is precisely the reason I loved it. More, please.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X