The fate of the descendants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fate of the descendants

I have a bad feeling that their descendants will probably be wiped out since there are command ships guarding each gate. The sleeper ships won't fare well either because their destination is a gated colony, which is also guarded by a command ship.

Destiny had to go out of it's way to drop the colonists off, therefore it's unlikely there'd be a command ship at their gate, as they were only positioned along Destiny's planned course.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithaborn View Post
      Destiny had to go out of it's way to drop the colonists off, therefore it's unlikely there'd be a command ship at their gate, as they were only positioned along Destiny's planned course.
      Uh, there are no gates off the planned course.
      Therefore how could the Novuns of gotten to the other planet?

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
        Uh, there are no gates off the planned course.
        Therefore how could the Novuns of gotten to the other planet?
        Oh, as I understood it, Destiny was a followup to the seed ships...also, weren't there normally multiple gates (locked out or otherwise) along it's course? It's supposition, granted, but I don't think Destiny was trying to visit EVERY gated planet, but plotting a kind of "overview" course of some of the most promising locations.

Will have to go back and review the Novus colony episodes now. Darn

Comment

As far as we know the Drones are only blockading the gates in Destiny's path but the gates they've left behind (where most of the colonists presumably are) should be safe. Besides, won't the Drone command ships go dormant eventually?

Comment

The drones were out attacking advanced species long before Destiny came along. My fear is that what happened to the world in 'Blockade' will happen to Novus Novus... or whatever they name the new Novus. All of Destiny's descendants wiped out.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Yeah - i hope not. Of course Novus had been left untouched up until now. This left us with the thought that the Drones were either created or awakened within the past 30 years since the planet had been abandoned. Of course now that we're bypassing them we'll never find out. O, and the fact that the series is ending. Not that they would have gone back on and theorized on it anyways...

Comment

Novus gate was working until it was buried under lava flow ~ 30+ years prior to Destiny's arrival. They stated that Novans gated to different planets until gate was destroyed. Remaining people built ships which are non-FTL capable so voyage takes between 200-300 years to reach expedition planet most Novans transited to.

Destiny dropped off settlers from Common Descent on planet that most Novans gated to so they weren't shoved off by themselves.

I do question whether more planets were attacked by drones that Novans had settled. Obviously drones understood that Destiny was traveling in a narrow path. Maybe they skipped planets behind them in favor of catching Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by h22chen View Post
                  I have a bad feeling that their descendants will probably be wiped out since there are command ships guarding each gate. The sleeper ships won't fare well either because their destination is a gated colony, which is also guarded by a command ship.
                  Its hard to say if they will be fine. At least it will be 200 Years before the rest of the Novans arrive at the New world. The People on Novus where save, because the Drones couldn´t figure out the meaning of the Hyperspace events they picked up. Now that they obviously concentrate on finding Destiny, they suddenly found out about the Gates. So they will probably be stationed at every Stargate down the line.

Them concentrating on Destiny could be in the Novans favour or not, because that means that they will check the Planet, but there are not many People there yet. So the Drones might just change Plans after realising that noone is coming. If the command ship stays in the Planets orbit till the Novans arrive, needless to say that wont end pretty.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

And perhaps if the descendants move it underground the drones won't find it..

Comment

Working...
                    X