Veiwers of the episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veiwers of the episode

so does anybody know how many millions of people saw the eipsode last night?? as in an official count?

It'll likely be announced within the next day or two. GateWorld will post a news story. I'm guessing just over 1 million, but maybe it will get more than that due to it being the series finale.

Comment

Yeah, either later today or early tomorrow. Unless it's inexplicably huge and SyFy decides to issue us a press release. That of course would be yet another punch in the face. Seeing as it'll neither be huge and SyFy will chose to ignore it's existence that won't happen...

The majority of season 2 has floated around 1 million viewers with Epilogue rating the highest (i think) with an approximation of 1.1 million viewers. My guess is there won't be much of a jump though as "fans" who lost interest along the way probably won't care enough. Besides, if you hadn't been watching it'll make very little sense and the emotional impact would be lost.

Comment

ya...i didnt miss one airing of the series...its sad that its gone...im going to bet it got over 1.5 mil views

Comment

Taking the series as a whole the trend was 'the more awesome it is, the lower the ratings' and this sort of stabilised around 1 million ( jojo'ing up and down a few hundred thousand ) which isn't so weird because the entirity of season 2 as awesome.

Due to it's awesomeness ( and because it was actually terrific as a series finale, with the goodbyes and Destiny shutting down and all ) I'm going to say, based on the trend... 700K

I hope it's more of course.

Comment

It would be a massive slap in the face to SyFy if it got several million or more..

Comment

Apparently, Gauntlet got 1.134 million viewers, while Sanctuary has plummeted to only 756k. Talk about a serious turn around.

Syfy needs to learn how to manage time slots.

Comment

Originally posted by geddarkstorm View Post
                Apparently, Gauntlet got 1.134 million viewers, while Sanctuary has plummeted to only 756k. Talk about a serious turn around.
                Hehe, reported to 4 significant digits (not the poster's fault I know as it's just copied from elsewhere.) The probability of there being 1.135 or 1.133 million viewers is almost the same as 1.134. There are large uncertainties involved, which news reports most often ignore.

Anyway, not very impressive and to be expected. With so much choice in entertainment these days I fully expect that more and more shows are going to be struggling.

Comment

It's impressive for SGU, and for any show in that time slot on a minor network.

Comment

Originally posted by geddarkstorm View Post
                    That is so ****ing hilarious/ironic or something stupid it's not even funny. Like wow. What a turnaround.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

If sanctuary does keep dropping, it does prove a point.

Luckily we can hope Sanctuary viewers keep dropping in that timeslot without it damaging the shows chance of another season, because they got picked up already. We're not sanctuary haters or anything that actively wish sanctuary's demise.

Comment

The "turn around" I was referring to was Sanctuary plummeting to the center of the Earth, viewership wise. Contrast this to how they were doing in the Friday slot last year.

Comment

From Syfy's posting on the main gateworld page, it seems that 'bump up' we got is normal for the ending of a series.

Comment

Indeed, which makes it kinda funny people were expecting it to be in the 700k's or around that. It was nice of Syfy to reply, and to get their side of the story; makes me feel a lot better about it all. C'est la vie.

Comment

Working...
                            X