PDA

View Full Version : So Eli isn't smarter then Rush afterall

Puddle-Jumper
May 10th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Im going under the assumption that Eli failed to fix the pod, his calculations were wrong and he got the entire crew killed :D

Major_Griff
May 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM
How morbid.

Pharaoh Atem
May 10th, 2011, 10:17 AM
How morbid.

Just the usual trolls

GoodSmeagol
May 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I agree 100% with the thread title.
Rush was smart enough to scam his way into a pod giving himself the best chance at survival.
Eli on the other hand, was dumb enough to allow him self to the be pawn left to the most unknowns.
Rush is smarter then Eli.

Spidey3121
May 10th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I myself am operating under the assumption that Eli fixed the problem and they all arrived safely in the next galaxy :-)

themeatcleaver
May 10th, 2011, 11:21 AM
i'd like to think that over the course of those three years Eli fixes his pod and wakes up to find Col. Telford knocking on his glass as Destiny is flanked by uber-zpm powered 304's :)

spaceship
May 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
i'd like to think that over the course of those three years Eli fixes his pod and wakes up to find Col. Telford knocking on his glass as Destiny is flanked by uber-zpm powered 304's :)

He only has 2 weeks to fix his pod. After that he either kills himself or kills everyone's chances of making it to the next galaxy alive.

Still awesome scene at the end when you have him looking out the observation deck. He seems content.

Stargater276
May 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I suspect the first episode of season 3 had to do with Eli alone on Destiny, I bet he would have screwed something up. :o

themeatcleaver
May 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM
He only has 2 weeks to fix his pod. After that he either kills himself or kills everyone's chances of making it to the next galaxy alive.

Still awesome scene at the end when you have him looking out the observation deck. He seems content.

Totally, I've mentioned elsewhere that I love that smile he had at the end!

The Destiny
May 10th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I like to think that fixed it and Destiny is still out there.. somewhere..
And even if he didn't and died, everyone else would've lived. Man that was a tough choice at the end. Those 3 were my 3 favourite characters so losing any would've been a loss.

I loved the ending montage. The music was great, a real moodsetter. I can't stop rewatching it.. Sometimes I'm obsessed with certain scenes because of the music. It gave me this happy feeling thinking "Destiny will still go on"

Puddle-Jumper
May 10th, 2011, 03:59 PM
By this stage Im so sick of Eli being the genius kid, sorry but he was the most rediculously obvious character archetype in just about any show Ive seen... except maybe mitchell.

It absolutely makes no difference how naturally smart Eli is, he just simply just wouldn't have the education to be smarter then anybody on board the ship, he just wouldn't,.Yes he's been on the ship for like a year or so now fine, but Rush and the other PhDs aboard have had an awful lot more then that to become experts in their respective fields, and somehow a kid thats a genius at math is able to be smarter then them at fields as varied as engineering and astrophysics? Fields that intrinsically require one to have a certain level of knowledge, you can't just be good at math and be an astrophysist, there are certain principles and knowledge that you need to have in order to attempt those calculations.

Eli has a high school education, and he can't pick up a bachelors degree, a PhD and several years experience in a single year. Take for example his plan with the blue star, Im going to go out on a limb here but Im guessing thats not something thats covered in high school science in america? His plan about blocking the frequencies for the drones, great but how would he have any idea about how any of that technology works? Again nothing about him not being smart, but a single semister in MIT doesn't cover alien technology, and neither does being good at math. As with his calculations with ginny, Eli would have absolutely no idea of any of the calculations needed to be made for something to be done inside a star, its not that he's not naturally intelligent and a carter or mckay to be, but he simply does not have the education needed for that, its not something to be learnt in a week, its something thats learnt in several years.

And yes Rush may have tutored him somewhat, but this isn't a new thing thats cropped up in this episode, this is something thats been in the show from day 1. I loved SGU and Im sad to see it go, but Im glad that I won't be seeing Eli anymore.

The Destiny
May 10th, 2011, 04:03 PM
well.. we are geeks and have some rudimentary knowledge of all this stuff :)

Eli is a geek too, except he's twentysomething and been working and living on a (apparently mathbased because everything requires calculating) spaceship for a year. Or maybe he used computersimulatons a lot, like in Twin Destinies.

jelgate
May 10th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Its not so cut and dry. In some areas Eli is definitily smarter then Rush and vice versa. Just like TJ knows more then both of them in medicine

rolfbjarne
May 10th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Eli has a high school education, and he can't pick up a bachelors degree, a PhD and several years experience in a single year. Take for example his plan with the blue star, Im going to go out on a limb here but Im guessing thats not something thats covered in high school science in america? His plan about blocking the frequencies for the drones, great but how would he have any idea about how any of that technology works? Again nothing about him not being smart, but a single semister in MIT doesn't cover alien technology, and neither does being good at math. As with his calculations with ginny, Eli would have absolutely no idea of any of the calculations needed to be made for something to be done inside a star, its not that he's not naturally intelligent and a carter or mckay to be, but he simply does not have the education needed for that, its not something to be learnt in a week, its something thats learnt in several years.

You don't learn any of that on any school in any place on Earth.

Eli's kind of genius (and Rush' for that matter) is something you're born with, not something you learn. If you want to learn as much as possible, you'll end up as Brody or Volker.

Meshakhad
May 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I imagine Eli found a way. Maybe he was able to pull off a recharge, and got enough power to keep life support on for three years.

Phenom
May 10th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Of course Eli would have found a way. Not much of a cliffhanger though. If there were a Season 3, the ratings would have absolutely tanked on that finale.

Giantevilhead
May 10th, 2011, 06:09 PM

Eli's kind of genius (and Rush' for that matter) is something you're born with, not something you learn. If you want to learn as much as possible, you'll end up as Brody or Volker.

The brain doesn't magically generate knowledge. Someone who's "naturally smart" may be able to learn faster than other people but they still need to learn in order to know how things work.

Greenfire32
May 10th, 2011, 06:36 PM
The brain doesn't magically generate knowledge. Someone who's "naturally smart" may be able to learn faster than other people but they still need to learn in order to know how things work.

Yeah. Never mind those idiot savants, they're about as real as bigfoot.

Stitch
May 10th, 2011, 06:43 PM

Or open Rush's pod, shoot him, throw him out an airlock, then get in his pod... LOL

HaMm3r
May 10th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Let's not forget that Eli still had one brand new, fully operational shuttle. Combine that with three working spacesuits and suddenly Eli could potentially survive a lot longer than two weeks, without draining Destiny's power reserves at all.

Since the shuttle has its own independent power and life support, Eli could live in it and move all of his food supplies there. Then, by using the spacesuits he could continue to work on the damaged stasis pod long after Destiny itself becomes uninhabitable.

Could he make it three years if he couldn't fix the pod? Hard to say with only the information we were given, but this scenario certain increases his odds.

Notleo
May 10th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Eli can be a math genius and do some of the things he does. Mathematicians, especially ones in scientific fields, need to at least have a working knowledge of that science. Scientists depend on them to create the equations to prove their theories, like how Rush uses Eli and Chloe. Plus, a real genius is self taught anyway. Places like MIT give them the resources to reach their full potential. That's exactly why Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg never finished their degrees at Harvard. What gets me is how the scientists in almost all sci-fi have a perfect understanding of engineering and can fix almost anything. I guess "scientist" sounds better than "engineer."

Its not so cut and dry. In some areas Eli is definitily smarter then Rush and vice versa. Just like TJ knows more then both of them in medicine

TJ is one of my biggest pet peeves. There are no such thing as officer medics, only officer nurses and doctors. And because she's a woman, can't be a combat rescue officer, which, as far as I can tell, don't get medical training like enlisted pararescue do. And if she was, her advanced weapons training would be even better than Greer's. With the stones, you don't even need a doctor on board, just someone to stabilize somebody long enough for a doctor, like a nurse or medic. And don't even get me started on Matt's qualifications...

Analog
May 10th, 2011, 07:33 PM

Of course the brain generates knowledge [from nothing]. How else would humans accumulate it? (Or how would the Ancients, if you want to keep it fictional.)

Being able to learn quickly and being able to discover novel ideas or reverse engineer/decode something are different types of smarts.

Einstein was pretty smart -- he probably didn't learn all that in school either.

Rock on.

garhkal
May 10th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Let's not forget that Eli still had one brand new, fully operational shuttle. Combine that with three working spacesuits and suddenly Eli could potentially survive a lot longer than two weeks, without draining Destiny's power reserves at all.

Since the shuttle has its own independent power and life support, Eli could live in it and move all of his food supplies there. Then, by using the spacesuits he could continue to work on the damaged stasis pod long after Destiny itself becomes uninhabitable.

Could he make it three years if he couldn't fix the pod? Hard to say with only the information we were given, but this scenario certain increases his odds.

Interesting suggestion.. Though don't the shuttles get recharged From the destiny?

Giantevilhead
May 10th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah. Never mind those idiot savants, they're about as real as bigfoot.

Even savants have to learn. They just learn so quickly that it seems like they came up with everything by themselves. They're also much better at associating different stimuli with their area of expertise. In fact, many prodigies and savants have some form of synesthesia that allows them to innately associate different stimuli.

Of course the brain generates knowledge [from nothing]. How else would humans accumulate it? (Or how would the Ancients, if you want to keep it fictional.)

Being able to learn quickly and being able to discover novel ideas or reverse engineer/decode something are different types of smarts.

Einstein was pretty smart -- he probably didn't learn all that in school either.

Rock on.

No, humans accumulate knowledge through observation of the environment. A person will not magically know something without some kind of experience relating to the phenomenon.

morbosfist
May 10th, 2011, 10:06 PM
No, humans accumulate knowledge through observation of the environment. A person will not magically know something without some kind of experience relating to the phenomenon.Like, say, a year's worth of experience on an alien spaceship surrounded by geniuses.

Ouroboros
May 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Well Rush was smart enough to manipulate the situation so it wouldn't need to be him that bet his ass on being able to repair alien technology in two weeks with a pile of rocks so yeah. I'd agree. Eli is not smarter than Rush.

If Eli's is smart he'll just work for 13 days and then upload himself into the computer like Ginn if he's not successful by then.

If he's really smart though, he'll spend the 13 days working on optimizing that upload process instead, so that once the three years pass the rest of the crew will awaken to meet Eli the living ship and trans-human god being they must now all obey.

Nah, that's probably what Rush would do.:D

"Did I fix the ship? Oh colonel, I AM the ship"

Giantevilhead
May 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Like, say, a year's worth of experience on an alien spaceship surrounded by geniuses.

Except they already made Eli smarter than those geniuses even before he got on the Destiny.

It's just one of those stupid sci-fi cliches.

Phenom
May 10th, 2011, 11:17 PM
This thread can be answered by these easy questions...

a) Who is safely snug in his stasis pod?

b) Who is trying to fix a broken pod to save his life?

*Clue - The answer to a) is the smartest*

morbosfist
May 10th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Except they already made Eli smarter than those geniuses even before he got on the Destiny.

It's just one of those stupid sci-fi cliches.Smarter at math given a base to work from. Your complaints don't bother taking into account context. You're just automatically equating smarter with "better".

Giantevilhead
May 11th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Smarter at math given a base to work from. Your complaints don't bother taking into account context. You're just automatically equating smarter with "better".

I didn't equate it, the show equated it. Eli was coming up with better ideas than the other scientists and figuring out ways to fix the ship from the beginning. The show is just using the old cliche of genius scientists somehow being good at just about every field of science.

Also, I didn't complain about anything. I was pointing out a mistake someone made concerning intelligence and learning.

icsteffi
May 11th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Eli would have made it. Period. Doesn't make that ending any less powerful or beautiful.

timmciglobal
May 11th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Eli may be technically smarter but he's very naive and doesn't take into account chance of failure in his plans.

Tim

Trig
May 11th, 2011, 02:06 AM
I didn't equate it, the show equated it. Eli was coming up with better ideas than the other scientists and figuring out ways to fix the ship from the beginning. The show is just using the old cliche of genius scientists somehow being good at just about every field of science.

Also, I didn't complain about anything. I was pointing out a mistake someone made concerning intelligence and learning.

Coming up with better ideas sometimes takes someone with less knowledge, the fact that Eli hasn't been around and hasn't done the MIT thing can be a good thing.
The more you know (or think you do) the more boundarys you have, sometimes it takes someone who doesnt have those boundarys to question things, dont forget hundreds of years ago scientists said the world was flat, or that the sun revolved around the earth, just because someone is the best in there field doesnt mean that they are right..

morrismike
May 11th, 2011, 03:54 AM
This thread can be answered by these easy questions...

a) Who is safely snug in his stasis pod?

b) Who is trying to fix a broken pod to save his life?

*Clue - The answer to a) is the smartest*

You forgot c)
c) Do you allow the resident sociopath free run of the ship while everyone is defenseless inside the pods. Let's be frank, Rush would sell the crew for meat to another race if it meant saving his own bacon and keeping the ship going.

Giantevilhead
May 11th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Coming up with better ideas sometimes takes someone with less knowledge, the fact that Eli hasn't been around and hasn't done the MIT thing can be a good thing.
The more you know (or think you do) the more boundarys you have, sometimes it takes someone who doesnt have those boundarys to question things, dont forget hundreds of years ago scientists said the world was flat, or that the sun revolved around the earth, just because someone is the best in there field doesnt mean that they are right..

There were no scientists when people believed the earth was flat.

The whole point of science today is to constantly try to disprove theories and ideas. One of the major requirement of a scientific hypothesis is that it has to be falsifiable. None of the theories or laws in science are right or true, they've just been tested so much that we assume that there's an extremely low probability that they're wrong. Scientists don't get to the top of their field by proving themselves to be right, they get there by not having been proved wrong.

morbosfist
May 11th, 2011, 07:35 AM
There were no scientists when people believed the earth was flat.This is just stupid. Of course there were scientists. Who do you think conceived the idea that it wasn't flat? There were no modern scientists, which is a different thing entirely.

KEK
May 11th, 2011, 08:42 AM
He could be right, I'm not sure scientific method had really been invented back then.

LtColCarter
May 11th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I would say that Eli is smarter THAN Rush ;)

morbosfist
May 11th, 2011, 08:52 AM
He could be right, I'm not sure scientific method had really been invented back then.It wasn't invented, or at least concretely established, until around the 17th century, incidentally the same time flat Earth fell out of favor. But that wasn't my point. Even if the method wasn't the same, scientists have existed in some form well before that.

KEK
May 11th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I'm not sure that's really true. Of course there were people out there seeking truth earlier than that, but without using scientific method I'm not really sure you can call them scientists.

morbosfist
May 11th, 2011, 09:31 AM
For lack of a better term, I see nothing else to call them. The principle is the same, just not refined until recent times, which is really true of just about everything.

Giantevilhead
May 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM
It wasn't invented, or at least concretely established, until around the 17th century, incidentally the same time flat Earth fell out of favor. But that wasn't my point. Even if the method wasn't the same, scientists have existed in some form well before that.

Magellan circumnavigated the earth in 1522.

For lack of a better term, I see nothing else to call them. The principle is the same, just not refined until recent times, which is really true of just about everything.

And a baby is not as mature as a man so do you consider babies to be men?

People who did not use the scientific method were not scientists. They may have been precursors to scientists but they were not scientists. They were philosophers, mathematicians, alchemists, seers, and astrologers, but not scientists.

morbosfist
May 11th, 2011, 02:05 PM
And a baby is not as mature as a man so do you consider babies to be men?

People who did not use the scientific method were not scientists. They may have been precursors to scientists but they were not scientists. They were philosophers, mathematicians, alchemists, seers, and astrologers, but not scientists.Different analogy and you know it. Point is, they don't have to be modern scientists for it to be science, at least as we'd define it today. Getting picky over the proper protocol doesn't change the fact that people were making and constant revising theories long before there were terms to describe the field.

Giantevilhead
May 11th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Different analogy and you know it. Point is, they don't have to be modern scientists for it to be science, at least as we'd define it today. Getting picky over the proper protocol doesn't change the fact that people were making and constant revising theories long before there were terms to describe the field.

How is that a different analogy? A baby matures into a boy, then a teenager, then a man. A baby is capable of many of the things that a boy is capable of but in a less refined form, a boy is capable of many of the things that a teenager is capable of but in a less refined form, a teenager is capable of many of the things that a man is capable of but in a less refined form. We make similar delineations with respect to science. An alchemist may do many of the things that a chemist does but it's in a less refined form, a form that does not fit the scientific method. Therefore we cannot call an alchemist a chemist or a scientist in much the same way that even though a boy can do many of the types of work that a man does, we do not call the boy a man.

morbosfist
May 11th, 2011, 04:34 PM
It's a different analogy because it's comparing age to time periods. A boy is not a man because they haven't grown into one. An alchemist back in the day is the same general age as your average scientist, but the only difference is what is known then compared to now. They learned from scratch. Scientists now build on what was. The boy learns from others as he grows up. The alchemist learns new things then passes them on, and those refinements shape what future scientists will do.

Even if you insist on segregating them from today's scientists, a fact which by itself is perfectly ok, what they were doing was still science.

r81984
May 11th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I imagine Eli found a way. Maybe he was able to pull off a recharge, and got enough power to keep life support on for three years.

I would suspect that earth finally got Langara to let them dial the ship.
So right before Eli dies the gate is activated and a ton of supplies including a naquadria generator are sent through.
He then hooks it up to the life support so that he can continue to talk to earth and not drain the power needed for their plan.
He fixes the pod using parts from earth.

Or

Eli uses the stones and Mckay fixes the pod.

Either way the pod gets fixed and they wake up in 3 years.
The 3rd seaon probably would have started with them waking up and a flashback of Eli's ordeal.]]

This episode was a great cliffhanger for season finale, but a horrible series ender.

Giantevilhead
May 11th, 2011, 06:16 PM
It's a different analogy because it's comparing age to time periods. A boy is not a man because they haven't grown into one. An alchemist back in the day is the same general age as your average scientist, but the only difference is what is known then compared to now. They learned from scratch. Scientists now build on what was. The boy learns from others as he grows up. The alchemist learns new things then passes them on, and those refinements shape what future scientists will do.

Even if you insist on segregating them from today's scientists, a fact which by itself is perfectly ok, what they were doing was still science.

I'm not comparing different time periods. There are still people today who believe in astrology and alchemy. Archimedes and Pythagoras used methods that were far more scientific than methods used during much of the time that came after them.

I am comparing a continuum of behaviors. On one end of the continuum, you have people trying to investigating phenomenons and acquiring knowledge through random or superstitious behavior. One the other end of the continuum, you have a rigorous systematic investigation of phenomenons that tries to be as objective as possible. The scientific method is one spectrum of that continuum just like how the color "violet" is a spectrum of visible wavelengths of light. However, where that spectrum begins and ends is arbitrary. The color "violet" is between the wavelengths of 450–400 nm not because that's what the universe says it is but because that's what we've decided it should be so that it can be useful as a way of conveying information. That way, when a scientist says that the light is violet, another scientist knows that the light is somewhere between 450-400 nm and not 452-398 nm even if that difference is almost insignificant and not really discernible by human eyes. That is also the way we define the scientific method. We arbitrarily define a spectrum within that continuum of behaviors that we put under the purview of science so that when I say that I used the scientific method, a scientist knows that I used a set of behavior within this particular spectrum and nothing beyond it.

Puddle-Jumper
May 12th, 2011, 04:30 AM

No.... see no matter how much of a genius Eli is.. he can't be an expert in the field of astrophysics without any knowledge of astrophysics, it just doesn't work that way. Yes his intelligence can allow him to learn things quicker, but he would still need the basic knowledge in the first place.

Nth Chevron
May 12th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Travelling through multiple galaxies and being at the head of Destiny's systems - i am sure Eli has picked up a few Astrophysicist things by now, there will also be a manual in the DB for the pods so he can just extrapolate and fix

N.C

garhkal
May 12th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Well Rush was smart enough to manipulate the situation so it wouldn't need to be him that bet his ass on being able to repair alien technology in two weeks with a pile of rocks so yeah. I'd agree. Eli is not smarter than Rush.

Was rush playing him?? Or was it a double bluff..

Eli may be technically smarter but he's very naive and doesn't take into account chance of failure in his plans.

True. It was rush who saw through the dial home after recharging in the sun back in earth. It was rush who saw through the dial home while IN a star (eli's brilliant plan). It was rush who solved the code for the bridge.

I would suspect that earth finally got Langara to let them dial the ship.
So right before Eli dies the gate is activated and a ton of supplies including a naquadria generator are sent through.
He then hooks it up to the life support so that he can continue to talk to earth and not drain the power needed for their plan.
He fixes the pod using parts from earth.

Being how much older than Atlantis the Destiny seems, i doubt that we could hook up a Naquida generator that easily.

That and the drop out to allow the gate in, AND the subsequent subspace ripple would bring drone ships on them. Also with the speed that people come through, who;s to say the supplies done get smashed.

Eli uses the stones and Mckay fixes the pod.

He would be my choice.. especially with all the experience he has had around them.

Gollumpus
May 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I figure the last scene showing Eli smiling is because he's just spotted the Big Dipper...

regards,
G.

LtColCarter
May 13th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I figure the last scene showing Eli smiling is because he's just spotted the Big Dipper...

regards,
G.

O_o

garhkal
May 13th, 2011, 04:51 PM
OR maybe..

"Wait.. i have no one to worry about coming in my room.. Where did i put those tissues!"!!

morrismike
May 13th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Travelling through multiple galaxies and being at the head of Destiny's systems - i am sure Eli has picked up a few Astrophysicist things by now, there will also be a manual in the DB for the pods so he can just extrapolate and fix

N.C
You do know that astrophysics would be pretty useless on destiny, right?

morrismike
May 13th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Was rush playing him?? Or was it a double bluff..

True. It was rush who saw through the dial home after recharging in the sun back in earth. It was rush who saw through the dial home while IN a star (eli's brilliant plan). It was rush who solved the code for the bridge.

Being how much older than Atlantis the Destiny seems, i doubt that we could hook up a Naquida generator that easily.

That and the drop out to allow the gate in, AND the subsequent subspace ripple would bring drone ships on them. Also with the speed that people come through, who;s to say the supplies done get smashed.

He would be my choice.. especially with all the experience he has had around them.
A mkI generator would have very little to offer with respect to Destiny's power supply.

erotavlas
May 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I agree 100% with the thread title.
Rush was smart enough to scam his way into a pod giving himself the best chance at survival.
Eli on the other hand, was dumb enough to allow him self to the be pawn left to the most unknowns.
Rush is smarter then Eli.

I don't think that Rush is smarter that Eli. Take the last episode for instance, when he was trying to determine the pilot and copilot, Rush knew that the task was too complex for himself and that Eli was the only one who could do it. He was trying to coax Eli to step up and take control. Also Rush has repeatedly said that Eli is genius and has so much potential, he sees that Eli can surpass even himself.

Similarly Rush knew if anyone can fix the pod in 2 weeks it would be Eli. By Rush volunteering this forced Young to second guess this choice and this coaxed Eli into stepping up again (which I think was Rush's plan -- but not for negative selfish reasons we have seen in the past). I think more recently Rush is bit more sincere in his actions.

garhkal
May 13th, 2011, 07:09 PM
A mkI generator would have very little to offer with respect to Destiny's power supply.

Since the only other type we saw was the experimental mark 3 (SGA siege part 2 and 3) and it barely worked right to power up atlantis, i say the mark 1s are all we have to offer there.

Shylodog
May 13th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I don't think that Rush is smarter that Eli. Take the last episode for instance, when he was trying to determine the pilot and copilot, Rush knew that the task was too complex for himself and that Eli was the only one who could do it. He was trying to coax Eli to step up and take control. Also Rush has repeatedly said that Eli is genius and has so much potential, he sees that Eli can surpass even himself.

OR... Rush was purposefully laying breadcrumbs down to build up Eli's ego to get to a point like this. Out of all the folks we've seen using their spare time, only Rush has been seen to have made a chess set and played it. Not that he already knew that THIS would be the outcome, but any other set of similar situations.

garhkal
May 14th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Plus he seems to be the one more concerned with figuring things out rather than just documenting everything.