So Eli isn't smarter then Rush afterall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Eli isn't smarter then Rush afterall

Im going under the assumption that Eli failed to fix the pod, his calculations were wrong and he got the entire crew killed
    I dunno what to put in here now..

How morbid.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      How morbid.
      Just the usual trolls
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I agree 100% with the thread title.
        Rush was smart enough to scam his way into a pod giving himself the best chance at survival.
        Eli on the other hand, was dumb enough to allow him self to the be pawn left to the most unknowns.
        Rush is smarter then Eli.

Comment

I myself am operating under the assumption that Eli fixed the problem and they all arrived safely in the next galaxy :-)

Comment

i'd like to think that over the course of those three years Eli fixes his pod and wakes up to find Col. Telford knocking on his glass as Destiny is flanked by uber-zpm powered 304's

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
              i'd like to think that over the course of those three years Eli fixes his pod and wakes up to find Col. Telford knocking on his glass as Destiny is flanked by uber-zpm powered 304's
              He only has 2 weeks to fix his pod. After that he either kills himself or kills everyone's chances of making it to the next galaxy alive.

Still awesome scene at the end when you have him looking out the observation deck. He seems content.

Comment

I suspect the first episode of season 3 had to do with Eli alone on Destiny, I bet he would have screwed something up.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                  He only has 2 weeks to fix his pod. After that he either kills himself or kills everyone's chances of making it to the next galaxy alive.

Still awesome scene at the end when you have him looking out the observation deck. He seems content.
                  Totally, I've mentioned elsewhere that I love that smile he had at the end!

Comment

I like to think that fixed it and Destiny is still out there.. somewhere..
                    And even if he didn't and died, everyone else would've lived. Man that was a tough choice at the end. Those 3 were my 3 favourite characters so losing any would've been a loss.

I loved the ending montage. The music was great, a real moodsetter. I can't stop rewatching it.. Sometimes I'm obsessed with certain scenes because of the music. It gave me this happy feeling thinking "Destiny will still go on"

Comment

By this stage Im so sick of Eli being the genius kid, sorry but he was the most rediculously obvious character archetype in just about any show Ive seen... except maybe mitchell.

It absolutely makes no difference how naturally smart Eli is, he just simply just wouldn't have the education to be smarter then anybody on board the ship, he just wouldn't,.Yes he's been on the ship for like a year or so now fine, but Rush and the other PhDs aboard have had an awful lot more then that to become experts in their respective fields, and somehow a kid thats a genius at math is able to be smarter then them at fields as varied as engineering and astrophysics? Fields that intrinsically require one to have a certain level of knowledge, you can't just be good at math and be an astrophysist, there are certain principles and knowledge that you need to have in order to attempt those calculations.

Eli has a high school education, and he can't pick up a bachelors degree, a PhD and several years experience in a single year. Take for example his plan with the blue star, Im going to go out on a limb here but Im guessing thats not something thats covered in high school science in america? His plan about blocking the frequencies for the drones, great but how would he have any idea about how any of that technology works? Again nothing about him not being smart, but a single semister in MIT doesn't cover alien technology, and neither does being good at math. As with his calculations with ginny, Eli would have absolutely no idea of any of the calculations needed to be made for something to be done inside a star, its not that he's not naturally intelligent and a carter or mckay to be, but he simply does not have the education needed for that, its not something to be learnt in a week, its something thats learnt in several years.

And yes Rush may have tutored him somewhat, but this isn't a new thing thats cropped up in this episode, this is something thats been in the show from day 1. I loved SGU and Im sad to see it go, but Im glad that I won't be seeing Eli anymore.
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

well.. we are geeks and have some rudimentary knowledge of all this stuff

Eli is a geek too, except he's twentysomething and been working and living on a (apparently mathbased because everything requires calculating) spaceship for a year. Or maybe he used computersimulatons a lot, like in Twin Destinies.

Comment

Its not so cut and dry. In some areas Eli is definitily smarter then Rush and vice versa. Just like TJ knows more then both of them in medicine
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                            Eli has a high school education, and he can't pick up a bachelors degree, a PhD and several years experience in a single year. Take for example his plan with the blue star, Im going to go out on a limb here but Im guessing thats not something thats covered in high school science in america? His plan about blocking the frequencies for the drones, great but how would he have any idea about how any of that technology works? Again nothing about him not being smart, but a single semister in MIT doesn't cover alien technology, and neither does being good at math. As with his calculations with ginny, Eli would have absolutely no idea of any of the calculations needed to be made for something to be done inside a star, its not that he's not naturally intelligent and a carter or mckay to be, but he simply does not have the education needed for that, its not something to be learnt in a week, its something thats learnt in several years.
                            You don't learn any of that on any school in any place on Earth.

Eli's kind of genius (and Rush' for that matter) is something you're born with, not something you learn. If you want to learn as much as possible, you'll end up as Brody or Volker.

Comment

I imagine Eli found a way. Maybe he was able to pull off a recharge, and got enough power to keep life support on for three years.

Comment

Working...
                              X