PDA

View Full Version : How many folks here...

Shylodog
May 10th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Jumped up and loaded the SGU Season 1 DVD/DVR and rewatched Air after this amazing finale?

I know I did.

carmencatalina
May 10th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I haven't, but that is such a good idea. Air and Gauntlet are like bookends, some great symmetry there.

Flibby
May 10th, 2011, 08:13 AM
As per JM and Mark Savela's suggestion, I rewatched Air before Gauntlet.

Ser Scot A Ellison
May 10th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I'm really looking forward to getting the Season 2 box set.

Pharaoh Atem
May 10th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I went to sleep

J-Whitt Remastered
May 10th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I listened to Sanctuary while browsing the Live Discussion thread and remembering the last two years of fun. It's all over now though.

garhkal
May 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Nope. Watched L&O LA..

senilegreen
May 11th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Nope. Watched DWTS.

Egle01
May 11th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Jumped up and loaded the SGU Season 1 DVD/DVR and rewatched Air after this amazing finale?

I know I did.Good idea, but I think it's going to take some time before I can re-watch this show.

morrismike
May 11th, 2011, 03:19 PM

I know I did.
I'll buy the season 2 dvd and just pretend season 1 never happened.

Shylodog
May 11th, 2011, 09:03 PM

Why not just buy the season 2.5 set then? Look, I get that not everyone was enamored with the first season. But what would your collection be without the full series? Lacking, in my opinion.

If fans buy the entire series, the execs will see the upshot of sales and may give the franchise another shot. I'm a Browncoat. Trust me when I say the impossible can be done. We may never see a revival of the series, but a movie with a story arc resolution could be in the future somewhere.

J-Whitt Remastered
May 12th, 2011, 05:27 AM

I'll never understand people who didn't like season 1. I'm not saying you should love it, but the groundwork was laid in season 1 and I think it shouldn't be overlooked because **** didn't blow up every week or the gate wasn't used in every episode.

actuallyliam
May 12th, 2011, 06:10 AM
I'll never understand people who didn't like season 1. I'm not saying you should love it, but the groundwork was laid in season 1 and I think it shouldn't be overlooked because **** didn't blow up every week or the gate wasn't used in every episode.

....People whined in every episode, they went back to earth using the stones to go to a bar, the had a what felt forced lesbian relationship (Although it sort of improved in Season 2). It was just an inconsistent mess and had bad pacing. Nothing to do with the stories they told. Just the way they wrote them. Although this happened in Atlantis as-well. They'd have stories that sounded go but were executed poorly

Shylodog
May 12th, 2011, 07:31 AM
....People whined in every episode, they went back to earth using the stones to go to a bar, the had a what felt forced lesbian relationship (Although it sort of improved in Season 2). It was just an inconsistent mess and had bad pacing. Nothing to do with the stories they told. Just the way they wrote them. Although this happened in Atlantis as-well. They'd have stories that sounded go but were executed poorly

I would debate the point that what they portrayed in season one is pretty darned close to what would have happened in a real life scenario (negating the fact that gating to a ship on the other side of the universe is impossible). Folks weren't just picking up their cell phone to call loved ones, they were literally returning to a place of normalcy from a very alien environment.

I'd go have a real drink too. I'd sorely miss my Cap'n & Coke.

Oh, and my wife and kids too. :P

Mr Evil 37
May 12th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I took Joe Mallozzi's advice and watched "Air" part one the night before "Gauntlet" aired, and I am really glad I did.

Nth Chevron
May 12th, 2011, 04:08 PM
The next person who complains about SGU is gonna have their hands removed by me, if you dont like it, dont watch it and for the love of the CMb message - STOP *****ING ABOUT IT

N.C

Shylodog
May 12th, 2011, 05:29 PM
The next person who complains about SGU is gonna have their hands removed by me, if you dont like it, dont watch it and for the love of the CMb message - STOP *****ING ABOUT IT

N.C

I hated SGU...

because it was too short-lived. :p

J-Whitt Remastered
May 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM

How did Camile's relationship seem forced? I have re-watched Life several times and enjoyed it. Sure it's not the best episode of SG, but IMHO there's nothing wrong with it. Who wouldn't want to go to a bar and get drunk in the few hours they get back on Earth? I know if I had the opportunity I would go out and have a few drinks at the local bar with a friend. This is the way real people are.

Pharaoh Atem
May 13th, 2011, 09:48 PM
i do sense a re watch coming on...... it tickles a bit

J-Whitt Remastered
May 13th, 2011, 09:50 PM
i do sense a re watch coming on...... it tickles a bit

I'm currently working my way through again myself. I've made it to Earth since Tuesday morning.

Pharaoh Atem
May 13th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I'm currently working my way through again myself. I've made it to Earth since Tuesday morning.

i downloaed the whole series on my ipad i'll be chilling in the great outdoors and SGu at night

J-Whitt Remastered
May 13th, 2011, 09:53 PM
i downloaed the whole series on my ipad i'll be chilling in the great outdoors and SGu at night

I'm currently using Netflix to work my way through what they have. I love Netflix. Greatest idea ever.

Pharaoh Atem
May 13th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I'm currently using Netflix to work my way through what they have. I love Netflix. Greatest idea ever.

ditto i use it on my wii all the time. so glad SGU season 2.5 was put on there so quickly c:

LordRush
May 13th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Im currently rewatching Season 1, ahhhhh nostalgia we meet again...

Pharaoh Atem
May 13th, 2011, 11:43 PM
ahhh the never ending conflict

MattSilver 3k
May 14th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I rewatched the Airs last night, a bit of Darkness, and then Time. Just going through the rest of my favourite scenes in other episodes too ("We'll never be done" in Justice, the last ten minutes of Cloverdale, the big conversation in the Greater Good, Eli/Ginn scenes in Trial and Error, Riley's death...).

Man, I can't believe how much I've forgotten since watching the first few episodes. Like, Rush was a smoker. That just disappeared off my mind somewhere along the way. Oh, and Eli and Chloe's first scene really made me disappointed they kinda skipped out on any more Eli/Chloe tension in the back half of season two. Much as I love Ginn, I mean, come on...

Lahela
May 14th, 2011, 12:41 AM
One more week then I'll start a complete rewatch. Still too sad...

J-Whitt Remastered
May 14th, 2011, 05:33 AM
ditto i use it on my wii all the time. so glad SGU season 2.5 was put on there so quickly c:

Agreed. I was shocked by how much was already up when Gauntlet had yet to air. Last time I looked near the end The Hunt was the last one that was posted. I'll bet that hurts DVD sales. I know I'm not going to be in a hurry to buy them when I can just stream them through Netflix.

Nth Chevron
May 14th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I will still buy the DVD's, there is no describing the effect of SGU in 1080p or on BR :)

N.C

ArchaeoNerd
May 16th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I'm doing a rewatch. I've worked my way up to "Light" so far. I'm trying to space it out so that I will finish Season 1 by the time my Season 2 DVD arrives...

ArchaeoNerd

RoK
May 16th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I'm also doing a rewatch of Season 1. Mostly for some fanfics I want to write. I'm up to Light so far on episodes. If I don't fall asleep tonight, I'll continue watching the dvds.

Egle01
May 16th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Not up for a complete re-watch, not yet.

Flibby
May 17th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I'll probably just wait for the GW rewatch.

Ser Scot A Ellison
May 17th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I've started my rewatch. I'm waiting for my Season 2 DVD to arrive.

garhkal
May 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Already did my rewatch of it before S2.5 started.