Destiny, I love you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny, I love you

Ok, I know this will brand me as the worst sort of sci-fi geek, but was anyone else just all misty-eyed at that final shot of Destiny flying away into the stars?

I just feel like the ship has become one of the most beloved characters of the show for me! Sure, she takes a bit to turn around in a fire-fight (when she dropped out practically on top of the control ship, it took a bit for Scott to get her in position for Greer to take the shot, but she did turn!). Maybe not the most graceful ship ever, but for her size, surprisingly light-footed!
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Destiny is, for me, the most beautiful space ship on any scifi show I do remember. And possibly will be.

Also liked the B5 ships, and the base stars from N-BSG, but none of them are like Destiny.
    sigpic

Comment

Destiny long ago became a loveable ship character, right up there with Moya, the Galactica, the Serenity... Sad to see her go.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I was, and I am not ashamed for it. Destiny is one of the most beautiful ships I've ever seen, and watching her fly away into the distance was a very sad moment.

So let me say: Destiny, I love you
        sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

with Galactica, best ships in the Universe
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Destiny is beatiful and very much a chatacter
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It's amazing that the oldest, rustiest pieces of flying junk become the most endearing characters in the stories to us the viewers. Millennium Falcon, Serenity, The soon-be-mothballed Gallactica, Moya, Atlantis and now Destiny. She's very much in good company.

Comment

Oh, absolutely, without a doubt. I was more than just misty-eyed. The tears were flowing.
                And that final shot of Destiny powering down and the gate going dark............

Comment

i just loved the reversed Air "power up" sequence

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    This. It was great, almost like they had planned it to be the series finale.
                    sigpic

Comment

Destiny, Atlantis, Enterprise, Serenity, and last, but not least, although a bit different, the TARDIS (suppose that will be the next one to be canceled). Wish BBC would pick up Universe for at least a miniseries at some point, though this was a decent stopping point.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        Yeah, that was a great way to come "full circle". Although it was pretty depressing seeing the whole ship going dark
                        sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

It kind of reminded me of the last shot of Star Trek TNG of the Enterprise-D.

Comment

I loved the Destiny - it was a great ship.

Comment

A bit like the Stargate itself.... Destiny has become more than just a ship...

(Hell, i know a dude that constantly rags on the show, yet he's building his 8th/9th/10th 3D model of the ship...)

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                              X