Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why couldn't they beam Camille to Brussels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why couldn't they beam Camille to Brussels?

This is a minor quibble, this was a great episode and a great finale, and the scene between Scott and Camille was great, but it really bothered me that there she said there wasn't time to get her to Brussels. Why couldn't they have beamed her there?

Perfecto!

Yeah, I thought the same, but maybe we didn't have any ships nearby, and maybe we don't have beaming on anything but ships yet, or maybe it would take too long or maybe the writer didn't think of it. Not a big niggle really.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

or maybe the acress that played Sharon wasn't available.

Comment

Sharon was in the middle of some sort of conference. Beaming Wray into a crowded building would be a little less than subtle.

Comment

do the Stones work while beaming or would they have switched back, thus putting the person they were using far away from the stones?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Or beam Sharon for a few minutes to see Camille. I thought the same.
            sigpic

Comment

The whole point was to break them up. Im happy ith how it was done
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                do the Stones work while beaming or would they have switched back, thus putting the person they were using far away from the stones?
                I figured there would be some concern with the stones, because for a very brief moment, the body being beamed is essentially...dead. They are just data stored in a buffer until beamed to their location.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdrts View Post
                  or maybe the acress that played Sharon wasn't available.
                  They could have still done the scene of Camille and Scott talking about it, but she could have said that they spoke in person.

Perfecto!

Comment

I wondered about that, too.

Comment

Because it wouldn't have the same dramatic effect when Camille was talking to Scott

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                        Sharon was in the middle of some sort of conference. Beaming Wray into a crowded building would be a little less than subtle.
                        Agreed. I can't see them doing that.. BUT there was nothing wrong with beaming Sharon TO Camile... Assuming she wanted to see her.

Comment

Then you'd be beaming Sharon out of some important conference. Same problem. Someone would come looking, more than likely.

Comment

I think the simple answer is that Camille didn't want to go with the breakup face to face. She could do what she needed to do and what she felt was the right thing to do over the phone without extending the pain. It makes sense that she didn't try to get to brussels just to say, "Well see ya, by."
                            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

It was a beautiful line... "You know, you go back billions of light years, across an entire universe, and you are just separate by a couple of thousand miles."

I'm sure they could have done some beaming stuff, but there was really very little time. They made it seem like everyone on the ship would have a chance for goodbyes. Thats 80+ people in the ...what few hours... that they had before having to start getting in stasis and preparing and stuff.
                              sigpic
                              Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                              O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                              Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                              O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Working...
                              X