Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some that Telford said made no sense to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some that Telford said made no sense to me...

When speaking with Young about Destiny's lifeline and the fact that Langara didnt want to help. He said that Wosley was still pushing for a diplomatic solution??!!!

Why would Wosley still be involve in those negotions? What about Atlantis? In the movie that never was would Wosley loose command of Atlantis?
    That felt a little off to me.
    "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
    with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Others can easily lead Atlantis
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Woolsey was acting as an ambassador a few episodes back; it was pretty clear that he wasn't leading Atlantis then. Storyline-wise for Atlantis though, it made sense to have the IOA lead Atlantis while they were in Pegasus since they were running the SG program, but once Atlantis was on home soil I'm pretty sure the military would have their hands all over it.

Comment

In the timeframe within the series would be Atlantis back in pegasus already?
        "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
        with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

we don't know what atlantis did after the end of season 5.

did it go back? maybe. could it? it barely made it to earth. we'd need some pretty impressive juice to get it back to pegasus.

commands change regularly - first carter, then woolsey,in 2 years. woolsey almost got removed, but was helped by an alien entity.

even if the movie had been made, anyone could have been in charge. a line could have been slipped in anywhere to say woolsey left, without the need to explain how or why.

in other words - anything after the end of season 5 is unknown. perhaps it was dismantled, perhaps the goa'uld hijacked it, perhaps it spontaneously combusted.
          Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Atlantis is safely somewhere in the pacific ocean on Earth. It does not need it commander to be there everyday.

An I would not be surprise if IOA appointed someone more trust worthy to run the joint and keep it on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Reynolds View Post
              In the timeframe within the series would be Atlantis back in pegasus already?
              Atlantis is on earth till said otherwise on tv.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                Atlantis is on earth till said otherwise on tv.
                It's a shame that we'll never find out for sure. I can't think of any non-storytelling reasons to send Atlantis back to Pegasus, so I would think it's either on Earth or another close by planet in the Milky Way.

Perfecto!

Comment

I myself always figured Atlantis would make it back to the Pegasus. I mean there are just too many unclosed threads. Of course, i thought the whole concept of bringing it to Earth was kind of... let's just say the Atlantis finale was far from my favorite episode :-p

Comment

... let's just say the Atlantis finale was far from my favorite episode :-p

and may i ask wat was wrong with Atlantis' finale?Was pretty stargatey to me.

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                      and may i ask wat was wrong with Atlantis' finale?.
                      Wormhole drive.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Wormhole drive.
                        agreed.

fine, bring it in, i don't care - but that whole final episode felt like a 2-hr movie in 42 mins. or something like that anyway.

too much of a feeling of - great concepts, no time to expand, lets shove em in anyway.
                        Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                          and may i ask wat was wrong with Atlantis' finale?Was pretty stargatey to me.
                          Pretty much that - like Keeper said - it felt like a 2 or even 3 part episode crammed all into one 1 episode. Everything just happened far too fast. It felt beyond rushed. My opinion of it has actually grown. When i first saw it i was infuriated but i've since come to accept it as an adequate conclusion to the series but i'll never view it as more than a mediocre episode of the series/franchise.

As for the wormhole drive the writers allegedly had planned on mentioning it prior to it's use but in the end that never happened. I didn't mind on it's own i guess, but it was 1 of several last minute plot "twists" thrown our way.

Comment

yeah i get you guys about the crammed feeling but the wormhole drive was fine.if not wormhole drive ,it would be ''just enough stasis pods to put crew to sleep for 3 years''........or finding a planet with with that miraculous element needed to fix pods.....or finding chair in antarctica just in time to save earth.......they are all ex deus machina in my book so if u got problems with the wormhole drive then..ummmmmmm u gots major problems

Comment

The wormhole drive also felt particularly unnecessary. Atlantis was on the edges of the Milky way already ( awefully quik. It took them 1 day to cross the void? ) and then suddenly the hyperdrive gives up and they throw in the wormhole drive for the last hop. Had they used it in Pegasus as a means of getting to Earth quikly because they didn't have the time to go via hyperdrive, it might have been better.

Still, EatG din't feel like a great series finale. It felt like "just some episode" where they blow up a hive, again.

Concerning deus ex mechanica solutions; they had spent an entire season looking for the lost city in SG-1 season 7 and it was properly resolved in a 2 parter with a proper build-up.
                              The mineral was a bit 'mmh, that's kina convenient', but the type of planet needed wasn't awefully specific. It just had to have meteoric activity. My only major gripe was that there appeared to be exactly enough stasis pods for everyone. Not 1 too many, not 1 too few. Yet it is possible there are more but those are not operational either in a similar fashion to the one that broke at the last moment. The wormhole drive really felt tossed in. "O noes, our hyperdrive failed! - No problem, we've got this magic solution that accomplishes exactly the same as our hyperdrive except for a 50/50 death possibility"
                              Last edited by The Destiny; 10 May 2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X