PDA

View Full Version : Eli in the end

LordRush
May 9th, 2011, 09:05 PM
The last few minutes where you see Eli standing on the observation deck I got the feeling that he wanted to be with Ginn one last time. He was probably thinking that after everything thats happened, if it wasnt for destiny he would have never got to meet her.

Pharaoh Atem
May 9th, 2011, 09:09 PM
And shes just a program now and he can thinknof her all he wants but he has 2 weeks to save his own life.

LeonK
May 9th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Well maybe before the 2 weeks are up he'll upload himself into the computer and be with her.

(yes assuming that using the chair doesn't mean the jump will fall short)

tomaso88
May 9th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Well maybe before the 2 weeks are up he'll upload himself into the computer and be with her.

(yes assuming that using the chair doesn't mean the jump will fall short)
well yea thats what i was wondering and i dont think personally that it would use to much power considering in my opinion it would just be safisticated way of moving files and data

ckwongau
May 9th, 2011, 11:55 PM
well yea thats what i was wondering and i dont think personally that it would use to much power considering in my opinion it would just be safisticated way of moving files and data

Time is relative inside the computer, a few second would be like a lifetime inside the computer.

I think once Eli has try everything he could think of to get the pod working , just when the the life support is about to go out, he plug himself into the chair and be with Gunn, and become friends with Amanda.

When the Crew is awake they will find the neutral interface Eli waiting for them.

What else could Eli do?other than find a solution to solve all the proble, the drone, the power , the supply problem.

When the life support is about to run out , he could die slowly, end his life with a bullet, pray for help.It could work like the scientist on the Planetbuilder planet.But Eli would end up as Zombie like them

Nth Chevron
May 10th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Unless Eli leaves it for too long and using the NI chair eats into the Stasis power reserves.

If thats the case i think he would take it and die, leave a kino message.

Then i think he will wake up from the stasis pods with everyone else, not remembering he fixed it, see the kino recording and a bright flash of light just as he accepts his fate.

N.C

Major_Griff
May 10th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I imagine uploading a person into the ship's computer used more power than life support for one, so I don't think there would be enough power for him to use the chair.

sman789
May 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Why would you assume that the chair uses a lot of power? The amount of energy the brain can handle is like nothing compared to the FTL drives or main computers, and the chair must use less electricity than the brain can take.

The main computer would be active anyway, as it has to control FTL etc, as well as the stasis pods. I doubt the chair would cause any power problems. Of course, it's not a stasis pod (unless there's one above or below it where Franklin's body is :D ), so Eli would still die. He could bring Ginn back if he wanted to, but perhaps the wireless neural link would drain more power. It's a shame the stasis pods aren't like those on the Aurora with built in VR.

megablue
May 10th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Why no one thought of sharing 1 stasis pod? I believe the stasis pod is quite capable to handle 2 human being in a single pod given that all it does is slowdown the person metabolism. Maybe finding 2 slimmest with lowest body mass. Perhaps, it will reduce the efficiency of the stasis pod but i think it wont be much right?

garhkal
May 10th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Thats an interesting thought. BUT perhaps its cause each pod links to one person's life signs (they do monitor them from what we have seen...

icsteffi
May 11th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I thought they should just stick Lisa and Greer in a pod together, and TJ and Varro. ;)

Umm.. sidenote. I was totally afraid that Young was going to revive Varro, shoot in in the head, and dump him out. No, not really, but the thought quickly crossed my mind!

garhkal
May 11th, 2011, 04:52 PM
With how well he has done, i doubt it...

droid327
May 11th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I doubt you could put 2 people in a pod. I imagine keeping a person in stable suspended animation with little to no longterm side effects requires careful customization of the parameters for each person's unique physiology. Having 2 people in one pod would mean that its not optimized for either of them, which obviously could have bad consequences...

skarwolf
May 12th, 2011, 04:41 PM
When they eventually wake up they'll be asking what happened to all the toilet paper because Eli used it all while fap'n to pic's of Ginn

qingdom
May 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
When they eventually wake up they'll be asking what happened to all the toilet paper because Eli used it all while fap'n to pic's of Ginn

http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/blog/SEIZURE_sm.jpg (http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/blog/SEIZURE_lg.jpg)

Memories of Things that Never Happened. (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/blog/2809/index.html)

garhkal
May 13th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Hubba hubba!

rushy
May 16th, 2011, 08:35 AM
1.I suppose that Eli could have just maybe tried a suicide escape with the Shuttle in FTL.
2.If the chair would take too much power, then the alternate plan is to take a LOT of Kinos and start recording. Eli could basically record(in speech) everything he knows. It would take two weeks, yes, but he'd get it finished. He'd say every memory, everything he ever remembers thinking. I know it may take a long time, but still, he could try. When the Kino Eli is finally finished, he'll take a Shuttle and fly it away from Destiny in FTL. Take all food supplies and go, Eli. The Shuttle life support would sustain him. Or try to survive on the Shuttle docked to Destiny with all the supplies. Or just ditch the idea and go fix the pod.

LDG
May 18th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I think eli has a bit longer than just 2 weeks, he could turn off the gravity 2 give him some more time, and when destinies life support starts to fail he could go to the shuttle to use it's life support, and if he took a space suit with him he could even go back and fix the pod aftawards, and if it did come to the very end the communication stones would have some power left so he could say his last goodbye's to his mother, and then switch back before the other person dies too

rushy
May 20th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Eli Wallace is way to good to die. Well, too bad. (Can someone tell me how they're gonna get life support online after exiting the Stasis Pods)

Shylodog
May 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Eli Wallace is way to good to die. Well, too bad. (Can someone tell me how they're gonna get life support online after exiting the Stasis Pods)

With the current plan, it's believed that Destiny will make it to the next galaxy, and find a suitable sun to recharge in on autopilot before anyone is awaken from stasis.

garhkal
May 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I would think it would do so.

jeri
May 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I think Eli smiling in the end means he's figured it out and is quite proud of himself for doing so, and for stepping up to responsibility. And also the fact that Young and Rush are trusting him with theirs and everyone's lives. He's finally growing up! Don't think he'd be smiling if he wasn't sure of his coarse of action.

greenguywithlasereye
May 21st, 2011, 07:36 AM
true, he smiles big and quickly, like a joke he thought of [or a solution]. but his expression changes either to a mix of hope and pessimism.

reminds me a little of 'unending' when cl mitchell points and says "what about that!" .... not to suggest the FTL itself can help --- its just the direction hes looking [or the deck is where he has enough light to work and use the least power, wheel everything in there for convenience].

the ending music btw, LOVED it. Destiny sails on ...

TuKwick_1
May 22nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
I think Eli smiling in the end means he's figured it out and is quite proud of himself for doing so, and for stepping up to responsibility. And also the fact that Young and Rush are trusting him with theirs and everyone's lives. He's finally growing up! Don't think he'd be smiling if he wasn't sure of his coarse of action.

It is good that Eli has stepped up, I don't know if I agree with the fact that he fixed the pod. His eyes had bags and showed some signs of exhaustion. So if he did fix it great, but if he did not he could survive in the shuttle no? Bring some planters in with the seeds and some food. Eventually he would be able to grow his own food and make his own O2. the water would be harder, rashoning would be needed. What he would do with his time..... the data base for both ships, read them and figure out plans of attack for there problems. Also he might bring the stones, and just leave a note when switching. This way he could talk to McKay, Carter and others if needed.

TuKwick_1
May 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
also what about using a suit in rotation with the shuttle?

qingdom
May 22nd, 2011, 05:46 PM
I came across mgm.com blogs a few weeks ago. As I'm going through the blog posts and rewatching the seasons in addition to the season 1 Kino episodes, it gives me another perspective of things outside of just the episodes I never saw nor read before. This is one such a post.

=======================================

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/blog/2497/index.html

=======================================

A Bit Late for Winter Formal
By Eli Wallace, Nov 16th, 2010

A Bit Late for Winter Formal

I don't want to hear it, Millbarge. So, just save your jokes and your sarcasm, please. We all know how snarky you get with your unending silence and non-replies. Just please, do me a favor. Go to whatever store is near the Pentagon, buy a nice frame. Don't worry, I'll pay you back (depending on what the exchange rate is whenever I finally make it back.) Put this picture in it, and send it to my last known address. No need to write anything long-winded. Just tack a post-it on the outside for my mother. Tell her: I'm happy.

http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/blog/MALICE_sm.jpg (http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/blog/MALICE_lg.jpg)

rockstarsister
June 2nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
I really liked how Eli stepped up (I might have cried *shifty eyes* nah that was more for the end of the franchise that has been around since before I was born) but I have confidence that Eli will fix the pod in time, he's a smart kid so he'll fix it I for one believe in him :D

Huaracocha
June 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
I really dislike the whole idea of a cliffhanger ending like this to a show.. that being said I thought the Eli scene at the end was well done. I've only watched the episode once but the little smile on the balcony, for me at least, could be taken as a knowing "I've just realised how to fix it" or a bittersweet "I'm toast but look at the wonderful things I've seen and at least my plan is saving my family".

ScoSco
August 10th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Watching the ending myself when Eli was on the Observation Deck that his smile was a sign possibly of, yes he knew what to do, or he possibly just was accepting his fate.

There is no doubt though that the thought of the neural interface chair crossed my mind when he stood there smiling when the camera paned around to his face. I was thinking the same as many of you before. But as for shuttling out from the Destiny while in FTL, that wouldn't be possible would it? From my thoughts here the shuttle would be vaporized when it leaves the ship's shields.
Am i right or am i mistaken?????

I do still long and wish that they would release any information or if i can find any leaks of what the upcoming seasons were going to be doing or about since the show was canceled. It is kinda depressing, being that i was so into this series like none before and now it is over with this GINORMOUS Cliffhanger.

garhkal
August 13th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I really dislike the whole idea of a cliffhanger ending like this to a show.. that being said I thought the Eli scene at the end was well done. I've only watched the episode once but the little smile on the balcony, for me at least, could be taken as a knowing "I've just realised how to fix it" or a bittersweet "I'm toast but look at the wonderful things I've seen and at least my plan is saving my family".

Tis a pity we never will learn whether his mom was finally better or whether her and Wrays lass got along.

the-nothing
September 30th, 2011, 11:12 PM
absolutely

I think we have seen a lot of these drones and the command ships

they have taken over the plot totally

glad to see Eli figured out how to input their positions into the Destony's navigation displays

next we need to see them come up with the plan to take out the Command Command ship (there must be one!!)

but the final episode was very cool

cosmichobo
October 6th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Just joined this site as I had to say something somewhere... Gauntlet has just aired here in Australia... Wow...

First - amazing that this WASN'T intended as the last episode... as it did an amazing job...

As to Eli...

I don't think he had the solution... and, I was expecting Ginn to appear... would have been a nice touch...

Maybe in 3 years the crew emerge to find a very insane Eli, who managed to survive on his own, dribbling in the corner somewhere... :)

SGU was a great series. GREAT. I would rank it above Atlantis, and yes, even better than SG1... It was so much more complex, harder to predict, and - brave enough to have stories that were not all action and blood and guts...

Of course, as it transpires, there's less of SGU to appreciate...

Whilst I think we'd all love to see SGU pick up where it left off at some point in the future, the likelihood of this happening is... about as likely as Eli having a happily ever after.

jeri
October 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I still think Eli had an idea of what to do, then probably wondering if he could actually pull it off.

morrismike
October 16th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Ginn can't be release unless Mandy is somehow disabled. Mandy is far too dangerous to risk releasing her

Annkoo
November 8th, 2011, 11:56 AM
The first thing that i thought was, that he didn't figured it out, and he knew from the beginning, that it is impossible. If i were him i would smile too. What else could i do?

He could sit on the chair, and be saved in destiny's computer. He would be dead, not being dead. Good ending.