All Good Things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Good Things...

I don't know why I feel this guys but...I have a feeling that this is not the end and that we will be hearing some good news regarding the Stargate franchise in the near future. (although we all know how bad the current state of things are) It might be wishful thinking but I like to think I have very strong intuition so I'm hoping I'm right this time...

Let me see. Stargate Universe is cancelled, adding to a list of shows I watched religously. The others to name a few include Caprica, Earth 2 and Sarah Connor Chronicles.

You know, I'm upset that I had to endure through the first season. It was painful. Finally, it starts to gain momentum and get good and then... the show is cancelled.

What a fantastic ending. One of the best episodes ever. Very thougtful. Of course Eli will figure out how to fix the the Cryogenic chamber. See you on the other side. Let's hope someone comes to their senses and picks the show up. Since when does ratings keep SyFy from airing shows? Crazy.

Comment

I know some say we will see a reboot, but its at least goodbye for now.

I was one of the ones that said Epilogue would have made a great series finale and I could not have been more wrong. This was an epic finale, the best ending of all three series IMHO. Given SyFails shortsided decision to cancel SGU, this is the best way it could have ended.

I started watching Stargate nearly 17 years ago and it always has been and always will be my favorite TV show.

Goodbye Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by P5C768 View Post
        I know some say we will see a reboot, but its at least goodbye for now.

I was one of the ones that said Epilogue would have made a great series finale and I could not have been more wrong. This was an epic finale, the best ending of all three series IMHO. Given SyFails shortsided decision to cancel SGU, this is the best way it could have ended.

I started watching Stargate nearly 17 years ago and it always has been and always will be my favorite TV show.

Goodbye Stargate.
        Well said!
        If I did not know better, I would have guessed they knew they were being canceled.
        That was a very good early ending to the show, with out a HUGE cliffhanger like will they survive the next 5 minutes type of thing.
        We know they(or most of them) are safe and living on.
        And we all KNOW Eli will fix the damn pod so yeh....

Plus some awesome action scenes and utilization of a lot of the cast in a single episode.

Comment

I think they either guessed or had a little more room to rewrite than they let on. Just seems to be too perfect of an ending. And I have to think that if season 3 did happen, this wouldn't have been that good of a season finale. Maybe I'm just biased by knowing they were canceled.

Comment

I actually really liked the SG-1 finale. But I do feel that this was the best of the three, discounting The Ark of Truth/Continuum

This was also better than that god-awful Enterprise finale These are the Voyages, which set that franchise on a similar hiatus. I felt much more satisfied watching this than I did watching that POS. Most of the major plotlines regarding the characters were given closure and had MGM picked it up, they could have set it 3 years later and had Destiny reach its objective. I really wish they had because I really want to know what Destiny would have found...
            That is just my two cents.

Comment

It was a very good episode IMO, especially with the ship powering its systems down. Also, it began with Eli, and it ended with him as well. Very similar feeling and atmosphere when I re-watched 'Air'.
              sigpic
              LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

Reminded me more of the Babylon 5 final episode than anything else, much more about the characters than about the action. Though there was some good action in this episode.
                That is just my two cents.

Comment

The last episode was simply amazing. The producers ended the series with such grace. It's a swan song and fitting for the end of such a long run. I feel robbed, however, that I may never get to know where the story was going and how it truly would have ended.

For this reason I think Syfy as a brand and network has died for me. I think that they do not know the full ramifications of what they have done tonight. Maybe when in twenty years we end up with Stargate: The Next Generation (or some variation thereof) they will realize how stupid they were.

Comment

I agree Tajis, SyFy lost me as a viewer effective today. The only show I care about on their network now is Warehouse 13, and I'll just watch it on Hulu. No more watching live shows for me on that network.

Re: the episode. Excellent. Just excellent. It really shows what you can do when you get a real character-driven show and an amazing cast backed by an amazing crew. SyFy knows not what they are doing.

I hope this kind of decision kills them, but I know it won't, since they've decided to get in bed with wrestling...

Comment

I'll continue to watch Being Human on SyFy--at least until the show concludes--but without SGU, the only thing that might make me watch the channel at this point would be the various reruns of various shows, like the Trek shows, as well as the Stargate reruns.
                      sigpic

Comment

... Come to an End

This is a bittersweet goodbye, like said before, Epilogue would have make a good finale to the serie but in another way that Gauntlet did.
                        Like JM said yesterday on his blog, you just have to watch the first five minutes of Air and then the last five minutes of Gauntlet and you will realize that it's a full circle.

Like many here, I've been following the stargate universe for quite some time now, I loved the movie in his time (i was aged of around 6 or 7). Then I discovered SG-1 and I've been watching it the sunday night while eating in family (I'm french from... France - odd isn't it ^^) .
                        After that, the air time changed and around that time, I have had the internet and this has been an open gate to the fandom for me. I soon discover Gateworld but at this time my english wasn't that good but with time the franchise made me improved my understanding of this beautiful language
                        In highschool, I was looking forward to the Atlantis debutes ! And even if based on a different atmosphere that SG-1, I enjoyed it equally.
                        For 2 years, I followed the two series and was sad when SG-1 came to its end.
                        Two years after that and after having enjoyed Atlantis two more seasons, I was also sad to watch it ending.
                        Finally for the past two years, I've been so glad to see a third installment in the franchise. And today, I actually cried because of the sad moments in the episode and because it really is a part of my life that is drifting away !

To finish this post, I'd like to make an overall congratulations for the writers, actors, producers, all the props/costumes/VFX crews. They have done an amazing work for 14 years, 17 seasons, 354 episodes and more or less 14 868 minutes or 892080 secondes !

I hope to continue growing old and maybe see in a matter of years a fourth installment or a continuation of the previously done work !

Bon voyage
                        sigpic
                        ___________Stargate SG-1____________________Stargate Atlantis____________________Stargate Universe
                        ________07.27.97 ~ 06.22.07________________07.16.04 ~ 01.09.09__________________10.02.09 ~ 05.09.11

Comment

I don't think it's the end. Someday, we will see the gate again. But I'm not sure I'm gonna like it, because I suspect it might be a reboot. The same thing happened with Star Trek and I don't really care for the new version. But there is always hope

I've been watching Stargate since it began with the film in 1994. Fond childhood memories And now, 17 years later, it's coming to an end, at least, for now But SGU is going out with a bang. The last few episodes have been extremely good and "Gauntlet" brought a tear to my eye, a worthy series finale, that leaves the door open to continue in some fashion. I'd like to thank the cast and crew of Stargate Universe for two seasons of quality entertainment

Farewell, Destiny! Maybe we'll run into you again
                          sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Personally, I've been watching Stargate for around 13 years. I either started at the end of season 1 or the beginning of season 2, I forget which. I'll always remember that cliffhangar episode where the Thor's ship replicator climbs out of the water.

"I like the yellow ones"

I did watch the film some time before I watched SG-1, so maybe you could say I've been watching for 16 or so years, since I didn't see it at the cinema.

So here we are. The last episode. I actually started enjoying season 2 in the latter half of the season, so I'm kind of sad to see it gone. They never really gave it a chance. Here's hoping that they see some sense and bring it back sooner rather than later.

I'm sad now =(

Comment

I posted my thoughts on the cancellation of SGU and Stargate in general.

I would really love to hear everyone else's experiences with the show and their thoughts.

Please check it out and share. http://www.robotplunger.com/2011/05/...ll-not-engage/

Comment

Working...
                              X