Favourite Moments/Quotes/Bittersweet Goodbyes from 'Gauntlet'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Bittersweet Goodbyes from 'Gauntlet'

Yeah, I haven't actually seen the episode yet. Working on it, and will edit the post later, but...

I wanted to be the one to make the thread first, for nostalgia's sake. So...

Y'all know what to do. Go for it. It's been a hell of a ride, no doubt.

EDIT: Okay, I've watched it, and everybody else has done a good job reciting favourite stuff, so no need to fill this post up. Instead, I'll note the "Bittersweet Goodbyes" part, and ask, What was your favourite goodbye between characters? Was it Rush and Eli? Scott and Chloe? Greer and Park? Go nuts! My favourites were either Volker and Park's - Volker looking at her from across the way - or TJ and Young's, mostly with Young looking at her in the stasis pod.
    Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 09 May 2011, 07:54 PM.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

I speak for many when i say the last ten or so mins,

Eli alone on destiny alone.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I quite enjoyed the symmetry between Air I and Gauntlet, with the shutting down (versus turning on) of systems and so on. And the last shot. Man, I can't believe it's over.
      www.cheshil.com
      http://www.cheshil.com/forum
      http://www.youtube.com/CTJMDProductions

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        I speak for many when i say the last ten or so mins,

Eli alone on destiny alone.
        The last shots of him staring out of the observation deck and then the Destiny disappearing in the distance was beautiful.
        sigpic

Comment

Shuttle ramming the command ship.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
            Shuttle ramming the command ship.
            that was so damn satisfying
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Rush - "You've come a long way from that video game slacker I knew a year ago."
              Eli - "Thanks. You've been pretty consistent."
              One of the few smiles I cracked during the whole episode.

Comment

My favorite action moments:
                • Destiny's main weapon taking down a command ship
                • The shuttle ramming another command ship
                • Everybody scrambling to get the palladium hydride by stargate

My favorite dramatic moments:
                • Eli volunteering and being alone in the final minutes of the episode
                • The toast. It really showed how they've all come together.
                • Everyone saying their goodbyes
                sigpic

Comment

Young saying that they're a family and Rush is the Crazy Uncle that comes through for them in the end.

Comment

The sort of “closure” by having everyone go into stasis, the shots of the lights going off and equipment powering down, and lastly Eli looking out at the stars. I expected them to end with cuts of Eli working out a solution and then finally stepping into a repaired stasis chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilithium View Post
                      The sort of “closure” by having everyone go into stasis, the shots of the lights going off and equipment powering down, and lastly Eli looking out at the stars. I expected them to end with cuts of Eli working out a solution and then finally stepping into a repaired stasis chamber.
                      If we got Season 3, I bet he would have either done that or uploaded into the chair and become their interface with Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        The last shots of him staring out of the observation deck and then the Destiny disappearing in the distance was beautiful.
                        Anyone else notice they included this shot in the finale in the ad for the DVD ...

I caught it in the first airing and watching it again confirms it ...

Where was the SPOILER TAG ha

Comment

My favorite moments
                          Was when Destiny destroyed the Command ship with there big gun
                          Youngs speech

Comment

I loved Lisa seeing the rain on Earth in her borrowed body.
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I think one of my favorite moments was tonight when the Shuttle rammed right into the Command Ship and blew it to smithereens! That was BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT! *Give 'em a taste of their own medicine* indeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X