I just bought Season 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought Season 1

I'm hoping I like this series because that means 5 seasons of good TV awaits me. (I have never seen a show when it was aired. If I like season 1, I'll buy the rest.)

I'm interested in hearing what you really like about Babylon 5 and what you didn't like about it.

Thanks,
    TM

PS I'm a late blooming Sc-Fi fan. I'm watching on DVD everything I previously missed.
    - The Truth is Out There!

Seasons 2 to 4 are some of the best sci-fi TV ever made. Season 1 is a bit dodgy but lays the groundwork for the great things to come. The first half of Season 5 is pretty terrible, but even that develops into some of the most rewarding emotional payoff of the entire series.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

DigiFluid summed up the show better than I ever could. In fact I've been regretting selling my DVD's lately.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Seasons 2 to 4 are some of the best sci-fi TV ever made. Season 1 is a bit dodgy but lays the groundwork for the great things to come. The first half of Season 5 is pretty terrible, but even that develops into some of the most rewarding emotional payoff of the entire series.
        You sum up the show better than I ever could. The episodes covering the Shadow War are some of my all time favorites of any series.

Sorry about the double post. My first one disapeared for some reason.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          QFT. You should definitely watch the first two seasons, by then you're almost certain to be hooked.
          sigpic

Comment

Sadly, I never got into B5, I watched the first half of season one but could not get passed it...
            sigpic

Comment

It's not for everyone, but those who persevere do get the reward...
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X