The reason the Iratus bug is called the Iratus bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason the Iratus bug is called the Iratus bug

It just occurred to me that Iratus is the Latin word for irritated/angry/annoyed. Therefore, it's probably also the Ancient word for irritated/angry/annoyed. It's great that we can go back and still notice new things in the shows/episodes we have seen several times .

No wonder they immediately thought the wraith are related to it. Same attitude.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

"Iratus" may mean "Angry" in Latin, but Ancient may have a slightly different meaning for the word.

It may even have a much more literal meaning of "angry creature"

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
        It just occurred to me that Iratus is the Latin word for irritated/angry/annoyed. Therefore, it's probably also the Ancient word for irritated/angry/annoyed. It's great that we can go back and still notice new things in the shows/episodes we have seen several times .
        Explains a lot doesn't it?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          "Iratus" may mean "Angry" in Latin, but Ancient may have a slightly different meaning for the word.

It may even have a much more literal meaning of "angry creature"
          Sounds reasonable.
          sigpic

Comment

I like irritated better than angry. I think it describes the Wraith better.
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

In ecclesiastical Latin, the phrase dies irae (with irae another derivative of iratus) as "day of wrath." Wrath is of course similarly spelled to wraith.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X