The LA Door openers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LA Door openers..

Why didn't either of those 3 smart people, think to go grab one of those LA door openers which as we have seen DO unlock even locked out/unpowered doors, to free Parks, rather than waste time trying to override the computer?

There were only two of them, trying to prevent the ship from burning up or crashing into the star. Eli attempted to override the controls likely as he had the means in front of him and probably assumed that it would be simple to do. As Rush pointed out, they both needed to be focused on the task at hand, and running around the ship trying to find a device to open a door would not have accomplished this.

Had they not been in imminent danger and had more time to focus on getting Park out, I suspect the devices would've been mentioned.
    ~*+*~nEvEr ArGuE WiTh aN iDiOt - ThEy WiLL jUsT dRaG yOu DoWn To ThEiR LeVeL aNd BeAt YoU WiTh ExPeRiEnCe~*+*~

Comment

While that's not a bad solution and all, calling the override of the computer a waste of time is just stupid. Rush noted it tried to shut itself down and pull out of the blue giant twice, and it might've done more damage to let Destiny take control right then and there. They needed to be on task with the computers.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

1. The devices were taken off the ship

OR

2. Destiny may simply have cut off power to the door systems (not the controls) so the doors cannot be opened.

Comment

But as we saw in Incursion, the power to the doors in the gate room were off, and those got opened.

Comment

The doors in the gate room weren't depowered, they were locked.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              But as we saw in Incursion, the power to the doors in the gate room were off, and those got opened.
              in that case the device powers the door and opens it, if the system is offline then you cant open the door.

Comment

any sane person would ensure that a depowered door means proper locking.

anyway it's possible neither Eli nor Rush knew where the unlockers were

Comment

It's a nice solution assuming they still had them, but I can't complain, I certainly didn't think of it at the time, and if of an entire forum of fans if only one person mentioned it hours after the episode I think it's conceivable that neither Rush or Eli would have thought of it in the heat of the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    It's a nice solution assuming they still had them, but I can't complain, I certainly didn't think of it at the time, and if of an entire forum of fans if only one person mentioned it hours after the episode I think it's conceivable that neither Rush or Eli would have thought of it in the heat of the moment.
                    Exactly. I only thought of them when I saw this post

Comment

They had so much going on at the time trying to control the ship, they probably didn't think about the openers. I didn't think about it until a few hours after watching the show. SGU has been great this season!!!

Comment

I didn't think of them when I saw the episode. The idea is interesting, but we don't know if they would have worked in this situation. In "Incursion (1)", the doors were locked by the Destiny crew, not the ship itself.
                        sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

It was the whole ship or Park's sight. They chose wisely.
                          Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                          Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                          Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                          Vicious

Comment

Agreed. They didn't have time to go looking for the door openers. If the Ship is destroyed they're all toast.
                            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Interesting i seem to have been the only one who thought of them when Eli and rush were quibbling about trying to override the controls..

Comment

Working...
                              X