PDA

View Full Version : The LA Door openers..

garhkal
May 3rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Why didn't either of those 3 smart people, think to go grab one of those LA door openers which as we have seen DO unlock even locked out/unpowered doors, to free Parks, rather than waste time trying to override the computer?

Azriel
May 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
There were only two of them, trying to prevent the ship from burning up or crashing into the star. Eli attempted to override the controls likely as he had the means in front of him and probably assumed that it would be simple to do. As Rush pointed out, they both needed to be focused on the task at hand, and running around the ship trying to find a device to open a door would not have accomplished this.

Had they not been in imminent danger and had more time to focus on getting Park out, I suspect the devices would've been mentioned.

MattSilver 3k
May 3rd, 2011, 07:05 PM
While that's not a bad solution and all, calling the override of the computer a waste of time is just stupid. Rush noted it tried to shut itself down and pull out of the blue giant twice, and it might've done more damage to let Destiny take control right then and there. They needed to be on task with the computers.

escyos
May 3rd, 2011, 07:05 PM
1. The devices were taken off the ship

OR

2. Destiny may simply have cut off power to the door systems (not the controls) so the doors cannot be opened.

garhkal
May 3rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
But as we saw in Incursion, the power to the doors in the gate room were off, and those got opened.

morbosfist
May 3rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
The doors in the gate room weren't depowered, they were locked.

escyos
May 3rd, 2011, 08:03 PM
But as we saw in Incursion, the power to the doors in the gate room were off, and those got opened.

in that case the device powers the door and opens it, if the system is offline then you cant open the door.

thekillman
May 3rd, 2011, 10:26 PM
any sane person would ensure that a depowered door means proper locking.

anyway it's possible neither Eli nor Rush knew where the unlockers were

KEK
May 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
It's a nice solution assuming they still had them, but I can't complain, I certainly didn't think of it at the time, and if of an entire forum of fans if only one person mentioned it hours after the episode I think it's conceivable that neither Rush or Eli would have thought of it in the heat of the moment.

Starsaber
May 4th, 2011, 03:18 AM
It's a nice solution assuming they still had them, but I can't complain, I certainly didn't think of it at the time, and if of an entire forum of fans if only one person mentioned it hours after the episode I think it's conceivable that neither Rush or Eli would have thought of it in the heat of the moment.

Exactly. I only thought of them when I saw this post

stargeek123
May 4th, 2011, 03:25 AM
They had so much going on at the time trying to control the ship, they probably didn't think about the openers. I didn't think about it until a few hours after watching the show. SGU has been great this season!!!

Rylor
May 4th, 2011, 05:48 AM
I didn't think of them when I saw the episode. The idea is interesting, but we don't know if they would have worked in this situation. In "Incursion (1)", the doors were locked by the Destiny crew, not the ship itself.

Vicious
May 4th, 2011, 05:53 AM
It was the whole ship or Park's sight. They chose wisely.

Ser Scot A Ellison
May 4th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Agreed. They didn't have time to go looking for the door openers. If the Ship is destroyed they're all toast.

garhkal
May 4th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Interesting i seem to have been the only one who thought of them when Eli and rush were quibbling about trying to override the controls..

Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
May 9th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Cool idea I didn't think of it.

Wayston
May 9th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Why didn't either of those 3 smart people, think to go grab one of those LA door openers which as we have seen DO unlock even locked out/unpowered doors, to free Parks, rather than waste time trying to override the computer?

you're now officially a smart person in my book, congratulations :)

however, it didn't bother me since we don't know their timeframe and where the doorknobs are, they could have been in secure storage in the armoury or something out of immediate reach

KEK
May 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM
The problem is, do those things damage the doors? If they do they could cause more problems than they solve.

garhkal
May 9th, 2011, 03:46 PM
you're now officially a smart person in my book, congratulations :)

Thanks... Always enjoyable getting some props.